What CAN'T the federal government require you to purchase?

Whatever grounds the Congress wanted. As far as impeaching and removing goes, Congress answers to no one except the voter.

Hard to admit it when there's only one answer isn't it. Actually no, the government official must be guilty of an impeachable offense.

They must be guilty of an impeachable offense according to Congress.

You really are a moron, aren't you?

And what would that impeachable offense be in this case according them?

It can't make you shut the fuck up for one thing.

Wasn't the question. Why couldn't government mandate that we must all buy Prius'?

Last edited:
You know, for years, all I have been hearing from conservatives is - "I've got my health insurance which I work hard to pay for. If others aren't willing to work for it also, too bad for them."

Now, all I am hearing from conservatives is: "I'm being forced to buy health insurance. Unconstitutional!"

Which is it, cons? Ya got it or doncha?

You know, for years, all I have been hearing from conservatives is - "I've got my health insurance which I work hard to pay for. If others aren't willing to work for it also, too bad for them."

Now, all I am hearing from conservatives is: "I'm being forced to buy health insurance. Unconstitutional!"

LOL, it never ends. How many libs have come on to this thread to give their witless intellectually dishonest two cents worth. Half a dozen now maybe? How many of them have had the balls to actually answer my original question? ZERO

Nice job Bern. The answer to your question, they can make you buy any product or service or fine you, if this mandate stands.

I don't see how the statements "I shouldn't be forced to pay for other people's health insurance" and "I shouldn't be forced to buy health insurance" contradict each other.

Nice job Bern. The answer to your question, they can make you buy any product or service or fine you, if this mandate stands.

I would think so. Yet you have jake and spidey defending exactly that because I guess they are true Obamabots and can't see the forest for the trees.

Hard to admit it when there's only one answer isn't it. Actually no, the government official must be guilty of an impeachable offense.

Wow. That pretty much answers my question.

Why couldn't government mandate that we must all buy Prius'?

If they wanted to impose an income tax on people who don't own Prius's they could. But they'd likely lose reelection.

You seem to have a very hard time grasping the concept of democracy.

Why couldn't government mandate that we must all buy Prius'?

If they wanted to impose an income tax on people who don't own Prius's they could. But they'd likely lose reelection.

You seem not to realize that we are a republic. In fact you should be glad we are or else this health care bill would not have passed
And it's likely that a lot of the idiots who voted to force us all to buy health insurance will not be reelected.

Last edited:
You seem not to realize that we are a republic.
I'm actually well aware our nation isn't run by a hereditary monach, but thanks for reminding me.
Considering this statement comes in the context of me talking about how we can fail to reelect Congressmen who piss us off, I'm thinking you don't know what either the word republic or democracy means.

Last edited:
I seem to recall voting a while back.

For what? You voted for a person to represent you in the republic. You did not vote on every little thing as you would have to in a true democracy did you?

Yeah, its that's why its called an indirect democracy. You should look it up sometime, correct your gaping ignorance.

really where in the Constitution does it say we are an indirect democracy?

It clearly says we are a republic.

For what? You voted for a person to represent you in the republic. You did not vote on every little thing as you would have to in a true democracy did you?

Yeah, its that's why its called an indirect democracy. You should look it up sometime, correct your gaping ignorance.

really where in the Constitution does it say we are an indirect democracy?

It clearly says we are a republic.

We are a republic. We are also a democracy. I've provided you the definition of the word from a widely accepted and established dictionary. Just read the definition. If that's not enough to correct your ignorance then you're just plain stupid.

Incidentally, where in the Constitution does it say the President is Commander in Chief of the Air Force?

Last edited:

Okay lets examine the height of ridiculousness you have reached. Congress has no rules according to you. They can impeach judges for driving cars they don't like I guess. But one thing they can't impeach them for is their decision on constitutinal matters, according to you. So in your world congress can impeach a judge but it must be for reasons other than the decsions they've made even though the reason they are trying to remove the judge is because of the decision they made. That about right in your world? It's so fun watching you wiggle. You're caught. Deal with it.

Voting is not the only way we were meant to prevent tyranny. Congress does have a set of rules it must operate under. But in your world they have no rules. Unfortunately for you circular logic is also false logic. Government can make you do whatever they want as long as they tax you for it? Have you bothered to think about all things 'whatever' can encompass?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back