CDZ What can be done to prevent physical violence and street fights?

imisslily

Sep 11, 2018
Most brutal street fights ever (Warning: Extremely brutal)

Seeing people fight in the streets and harming eachother is horrifying. Even though there are laws that sentence people who incite violence to long years in prison, it still happens all the time.

What can be done to teach people, mainly young males from fighting and arguing on the streets since this could lead to deadly confrontations?
street-fight-knockout-blog.jpg

This seems to be an affliction of over crowded big cities...too many people in too small of an area.....

When I was a young un we had fights every day at school. I mean just looking back on it I really can't remember a single day that there wasn't at least one fight fight somewhere on campus. And we had a parking lot full of pickup trucks with loaded rifles in gun racks, no one ever went and got a gun and tried to shoot anyone.

Trying to prevent fist fights is unhealthy.

Seeing people fight in the streets and harming eachother is horrifying. Even though there are laws that sentence people who incite violence to long years in prison, it still happens all the time.

What can be done to teach people, mainly young males from fighting and arguing on the streets since this could lead to deadly confrontations?
A father, especially one like mine.

I am instantly reminded of a saying within certain... circles.

"An armed society, is a polite society." Neither of these two buffoons would even consider this behaviour if they thought there as a good chance the other guy was armed. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm no gun crazy, wild west style cavalier vigilante, nor am I endorsing such behaviour. Quite the opposite.

As I understand it, and I could be wrong, but during the '80's one of the safest places, as far as assaults, was Beirut, Lebanon. Why was this? Everyone, from the little old lady next in line at the coffee shop, to the Rabbi that cut you off on road, was armed to the teeth! No one wants to start stuff if they think there is a significant chance of getting shot.

I had a great father/etc
so did my friends
but we still got into some fights
this is what males do--it CANNOT be changed significantly

What can be done to teach people, mainly young males from fighting and arguing on the streets

Grow up in a two parent home. With a father.

but during the '80's one of the safest places, as far as assaults, was Beirut, Lebanon. Why was this? Everyone, from the little old lady next in line at the coffee shop, to the Rabbi that cut you off on road, was armed to the teeth! No one wants to start stuff if they think there is a significant chance of getting shot.

I lived in Panama for two years. Everyone was packing who could afford it. AND, everyone was polite. The violent crime came from the desperately poor. Your "little old lady next in line" comment reminded me of an actual event that happened at the bus stop outside our air base. A little old lady was in a group of people waiting for the bus. Tiny little thing with grey hair. A young punk accosted her and before the men standing by could come to her aid, she pulled out a Saturday Night Special from her purse and started shooting around the punks feet. He danced and ran.

I am instantly reminded of a saying within certain... circles.

"An armed society, is a polite society." Neither of these two buffoons would even consider this behaviour if they thought there as a good chance the other guy was armed. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm no gun crazy, wild west style cavalier vigilante, nor am I endorsing such behaviour. Quite the opposite.

As I understand it, and I could be wrong, but during the '80's one of the safest places, as far as assaults, was Beirut, Lebanon. Why was this? Everyone, from the little old lady next in line at the coffee shop, to the Rabbi that cut you off on road, was armed to the teeth! No one wants to start stuff if they think there is a significant chance of getting shot.
....the US has one of the highest gun ownership rates in the world but the also one of the highest murder rates in the developed countries

very pro-gun St Louis Mo is the murder capital of the US--and the most dangerous
cops are armed and they still get shot/killed
etc etc

I had a great father/etc
so did my friends
but we still got into some fights
this is what males do--it CANNOT be changed significantly
Surely.
It isn't that I never had a fight. It just wasn't so omnipresent and ever ready. My dad was not macho, but very much a man.
There are male traits that are indelible, and have mostly been exploited and misused by society. They need not be stamped out or replace, merely understood and properly channeled.
Females love a male.

What can be done to teach people, mainly young males from fighting and arguing on the streets

Grow up in a two parent home. With a father.

but during the '80's one of the safest places, as far as assaults, was Beirut, Lebanon. Why was this? Everyone, from the little old lady next in line at the coffee shop, to the Rabbi that cut you off on road, was armed to the teeth! No one wants to start stuff if they think there is a significant chance of getting shot.

I lived in Panama for two years. Everyone was packing who could afford it. AND, everyone was polite. The violent crime came from the desperately poor. Your "little old lady next in line" comment reminded me of an actual event that happened at the bus stop outside our air base. A little old lady was in a group of people waiting for the bus. Tiny little thing with grey hair. A young punk accosted her and before the men standing by could come to her aid, she pulled out a Saturday Night Special from her purse and started shooting around the punks feet. He danced and ran.
That seems to be the formula for at least half the battle. It can still be mighty challenging. People should know they can ask for help.

This picture reminds me of one of many stories my dad told me. He was in a bar fight in New Orleans while in the WWII Navy. Typical, Sailors vs Girines. There was one tough short guy in the fracas. "He only came up to your chin, but he came up so often!"
A truly pissed off man is dangerous, regardless of physical appearances.

There was one society that has almost completely eliminated street fights and all street violence. That society is now bankrupt, it was the soviet society. The reason why they were successful was, that they gave everybody a job and everybody was paid a petence, and there were no products to buy and compete for. Once a society embraces competition, fights are inevitable.

#TheLargerIssue #SingleParenting #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

What can be done to prevent physical violence and street fights? ~Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by imisslily.

Do the following videos depict people engaged in street fights?

'Black American Men 'Take Control of Emotionally Troubled Women'

The following is a graphic, NSFW or 'gentle eyes' video:

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_oy2kcf6TJ01wqnkez.mp4

Watching these videos can you identify the *EVERYONES* the late 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) and deadly Gun Violence victim Tupac Shakur speaks about in his often misinterpreted, much-ignored T.H.U.G.L.I.F.E. Child Abuse, Emotional Neglect, Abandonment & Maltreatment *AWARENESS-PREVENTION* concept or Public Service Announcement?

T.H.U.G.L.I.F.E. - "The HATE U Give Little Infants Fvvks *EVERYONE"* ~Tupac Shakur, American urban-TRUTH-teller

Obama BULLIES VIOLENT MEN or WOMEN.jpg

Peace.
___
American *(Children)* Lives Matter
; Take Pride In Parenting; End Our National Health Crisis; Child Abuse and Neglect; End Community Violence/Fear, Police Anxiety & Educator's Frustrations

Forum List

Back