What are your attitudes about Homosexuals?

What are your attitudes about Homosexuals?

• I hate them all

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Homosexuals should be jailed or exiled

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • They should have no special protections

Votes: 31 29.5%
  • They should be protected under Civil Rights laws

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • They should be allowed to have Civil Unions only

Votes: 16 15.2%
  • They should be allowed to marry

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • They should be protected from any discrimination

Votes: 27 25.7%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 30 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Voted for civil unions. I have nothing against gays personally however I have some very strong reservations when it comes to our public accommodation laws, and as they apply to gays. As a baker or a caterer, I should not be forced to chose between my job, and my faith. No one should ever be forced to cater a gay wedding, or bake a gay cake if their faith does not allow it. I personally want nothing to do with any type of gay culture in any part of my life. It is my right to be allowed to continue practicing my faith.

I'm sure your god is very proud cuz intolerant and brainless hatred is exactly what he taught.

Christians, OTOH, would disagree with you.
I am Christian, a Catholic to be precise. I have nothing against gays, I've worked with gays, and would not refuse them service. However if I were to be invited to a gay wedding or asked to help prepare the gay wedding cake, I would politely decline because I would be in conflict with my faith, and I will not abandon my faith.

I gave an honest answer to an honest question. Never heard of a Christian (Bible-based Christian) that accepts homosexuality as a good thing. The Bible calls for repentance. I do hope you turn from your sinful ways and turn towards righteousness and normalcy.

Differences in humans are good, I doubt anyone can "convert" another to a sexual orientation.

It has happened. There are folks who have recovered from homosexuality and were happy they did.

Of course there are.....;)

These people aim to control population through making us all homosexuals.

The very thought of it is pretty sickening. I just shake my head in bewilderment. Why would a man choose another man when there are so many beautiful, feminine, attractive women in the world. I can only conclude that there was some childhood trauma or fear of women or just a screw loose somewhere. I mean ... they can do whatever they want just don't expect normal people to view it as normal when it isn't.

No its not.

Its stupid. You anti-Christian nutters just make up new lies every days.

You cannot make someone into a homosexual any more than you can make a homosexual into a heterosexual.

If you believe you can make a straight person into a gay person, then you need to look at your own sexual insecurity. Get some help because you're way too sick to handle this alone.

They produce the children and are natural. Not saying in some weird why people haven't been homosexual throughout human history, but they don't produce anything.

They also produce gays. I'll bet you phobes are gonna want to abort gay babies.

They also produce doctors to help those that can't help themselves from obsessions.

Tell it to Drifting Sand and Matthew. They're the ones who are scared they're gonna be turned gay.

:badgrin:

Voted for civil unions. I have nothing against gays personally however I have some very strong reservations when it comes to our public accommodation laws, and as they apply to gays. As a baker or a caterer, I should not be forced to chose between my job, and my faith. No one should ever be forced to cater a gay wedding, or bake a gay cake if their faith does not allow it. I personally want nothing to do with any type of gay culture in any part of my life. It is my right to be allowed to continue practicing my faith.

I'm sure your god is very proud cuz intolerant and brainless hatred is exactly what he taught.

I am Christian, a Catholic to be precise. I have nothing against gays, I've worked with gays, and would not refuse them service. However if I were to be invited to a gay wedding or asked to help prepare the gay wedding cake, I would politely decline because I would be in conflict with my faith, and I will not abandon my faith.

You can call it whatever you want but its not the "'faith" that your god lived and preached. Its just not and you know it.

You phony christians are just flat out disgusting.

They also produce gays. I'll bet you phobes are gonna want to abort gay babies.

They also produce doctors to help those that can't help themselves from obsessions.

Tell it to Drifting Sand and Matthew. They're the ones who are scared they're gonna be turned gay.

:badgrin:

I don't think that's the case at all. It is the obsessive compulsive who seeks shelter from their weakness, and the enabler afraid to admit they are of no real help to the afflicted, that make such inane statements.

These people aim to control population through making us all homosexuals.

The very thought of it is pretty sickening. I just shake my head in bewilderment. Why would a man choose another man when there are so many beautiful, feminine, attractive women in the world. I can only conclude that there was some childhood trauma or fear of women or just a screw loose somewhere. I mean ... they can do whatever they want just don't expect normal people to view it as normal when it isn't.

No its not.

You cannot make someone into a homosexual any more than you can make a homosexual into a heterosexual.

If you believe you can make a straight person into a gay person, then you need to look at your own sexual insecurity. Get some help because you're way too sick to handle this alone.

So your saying they're genetic freaks of nature?

You can call it whatever you want but its not the "'faith" that your god lived and preached. Its just not and you know it.

There's nothing phony about being against homosexuality and being a christian. Jude 1 is clear. If you enable a homosexual cultural takeover, you go to hell with the damned for eternity. But to the individual homosexual, you should extend compassion, making a difference in their life while despising their lifestyle. It isn't so hard to understand. Putting it a way perhaps you could even understand: you don't hate or beat up on people with OCD. You would reach out to them in compassion and help them overcome. But at the same time your compassion doesn't include promoting their cumpulsions as "normal".

Get it? Nothing phony about it.

Differences in humans are good, I doubt anyone can "convert" another to a sexual orientation.

It has happened. There are folks who have recovered from homosexuality and were happy they did.

RECOVERED? Forget it, some bigot will post about a natural variance being a "disease". Twilight Zone again, "Number 12 Looks Just Like You". Also, another science fiction short story about eye color & conforming to the "norm".............I cannot remember the title.

Here. In case you ever feel shame or guilt there are places you can go for help:

Homosexuality -* Overcoming the Homosexual Lifestyle - Article by Barrington H. Brennen

Your use of god and religion to preach hate proves that its you who should feel shame and guilt.

Wanting to help those that can't help themselves is good for everyone. Wanting to encourage obsessive compulsive behaviors?

Not so much

Your use of god and religion to preach hate proves that its you who should feel shame and guilt.

Luddy starts with a false premise again and reaches a false conclusion: That Jude 1 of the Bible advocates hating gays. Again:

There's nothing phony about being against homosexuality and being a christian. Jude 1 is clear. If you enable a homosexual cultural takeover, you go to hell with the damned for eternity. But to the individual homosexual, you should extend compassion, making a difference in their life while despising their lifestyle. It isn't so hard to understand. Putting it a way perhaps you could even understand: you don't hate or beat up on people with OCD. You would reach out to them in compassion and help them overcome. But at the same time your compassion doesn't include promoting their cumpulsions as "normal".

Get it? Nothing phony about it.

No its not.

So your saying they're genetic freaks of nature?

My WHAT is saying that?

==

No, I have ever said anything like that so please drop that lie right now.

Bottom line is that people can call it anything they want. Doesn't matter. What matters is that they have the very same rights and protections as everyone else.

Stop pretending your god doesn't want you to bake the fucking cake.

If you want to preach hate, just have the fucking balls to do it and stop trying to hide behind a god or what some believe is normal.

Or, come out of the closet and admit you really want to leave your spouse and screw the same sex co-worker.

Just take responsibility for your own sickness and stop trying to push it off on gays.

Homosexual describes a relationship not a person.
People should not be labeled and put into groups this way.

the real issue is about BELIEFS.

People should not be discriminated against by their BELIEFS, either for or against.

So if you treat people equally, regardless of their BELIEFS
about homosexuality, religion, politics, etc.,
then on this level we can ALL BE EQUALLY protected and respected.

We should focus on equal inclusion and respect
for people of ALL BELIEFS and then we can solve any conflicts between those BELIEFS.
By treating them with EQUAL RESPECT under law.

Here. In case you ever feel shame or guilt there are places you can go for help:

Homosexuality -* Overcoming the Homosexual Lifestyle - Article by Barrington H. Brennen

Wanting to help those that can't help themselves is good for everyone. Wanting to encourage obsessive compulsive behaviors?

Not so much

First, there is not one homophobe on this board who "wants to help those who can't help themselves". You phobes want them killed, jailed, punished and worse. You want sharia law. You cannot read these phobe threads and then deny that.

Second, one's sexuality is not "obsessive compulsive behaviors" and no trained psychologist/psychiatrist would say it is.

Plainly, you're in over your head - yet again.

You want to use religion to control behavior, to legislate morality (sharia law) but it always come back to one simple fact - Its none of your business.

19shrug-gif.2053

Homosexual describes a relationship not a person.
People should not be labeled and put into groups this way.

the real issue is about BELIEFS.

People should not be discriminated against by their BELIEFS, either for or against.

So if you treat people equally, regardless of their BELIEFS
about homosexuality, religion, politics, etc.,
then on this level we can ALL BE EQUALLY protected and respected.

We should focus on equal inclusion and respect
for people of ALL BELIEFS and then we can solve any conflicts between those BELIEFS.
By treating them with EQUAL RESPECT under law.
However, you do discriminate on their actions.
Gay day parades. I would provide a picture but I need 15 posts first.
Homo's forcing schools to let them use the female restrooms.
Gay marriage, forcing normal people to accept them as normal.
Going into a restaurant and rubbing each other dicks with their feet then claim homophobe when they are kicked out of that restaurant.

You want to be treated normal then act normal.
You want to walk around with your pants half way down your ass (not implying he's homo) then your going to be treated like the scum you appear to be.

1. What matters is that they have the very same rights and protections as everyone else.

2. Just take responsibility for your own sickness and stop trying to push it off on gays.

1. Note: if you exclude the rights/beliefs of others,
do you still have equal right to invoke the same?

a. by law, if equal rights are "inalienable" this should be UNCONDITIONAL
and you should still have these rights even though you go around violating the same of others by discriminating and excluding those you oppose.

b. however, in practice, the "Golden Rule" still applies to all people.
If you engage in exclusion/discrimination/harassment,
then people tend to reject you the same way.

2. on that note, it is equally the "responsibility" of gay rights activists
to practice INCLUSION and equal respect for the BELIEFS of others
if they want THEIR BELIEFS to be respected and protected equally.

a. again, by the letter of the law, no it is NOT "legally required" to treat people equally
if you want to be treated equally. that is a like a moral or religious code of ethics.

b. but by the SPIRIT of the contract, by natural laws governing human relations,
how we treat others influences how others will treat us in return.
so if we want equal inclusion, we practice it in order to establish that standard.
that is just simple logic, human nature, and the law of "reciprocity"

We don't pass laws imposing this while not following it ourselves.
That is why people protest Christian abuses or religions for doing this.

We certainly don't want to start abusing secular laws and civil authority
to impose the same hypocrisy that RELIGIONS are criticized for doing!!!

Last edited:

Not so much

First, there is not one homophobe on this board who "wants to help those who can't help themselves". You phobes want them killed, jailed, punished and worse. You want sharia law. You cannot read these phobe threads and then deny that.

Second, one's sexuality is not "obsessive compulsive behaviors" and no trained psychologist/psychiatrist would say it is.

Plainly, you're in over your head - yet again.

You want to use religion to control behavior, to legislate morality (sharia law) but it always come back to one simple fact - Its none of your business.

1. Your wrong, I want no harm to come to anyone. Of course I can't speak for homophobes as I am not one

2. An obsession is very powerful. Ask any cutter, hoarder. Ask Karen Carpenters family. Help must come early. You are not helping.

3. Spoken like a true enabler

Truth hurts. I understand why you want me gone. You want truth gone so you can continue enabling unchecked.

A challenge to Luddy. Find anywhere where I've posted a religious reason for my stance.

Just one.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Forum List

Back