What are you listening to now

Band of Gypsys with Jimi, Buddy, and Billy

Very likely Hendrix's best ever recorded session while he was alive. Jimi was just more comfortable with an all black band having Noel Redding and Mitch Mitchell in his Experience mainly because he knew he was trying to break into a white-dominated industry.

A friend had a huge collection of Doo Wop. Some years ago he opened a store selling it. He did really well with it. Always fun to go to his store.

Coming of age in the 60s was interesting times. I was busy with babies, during the late 60s, not a good time to be married with all the " free sex" going on. But there were also good times.

Coming of age in the 60s was interesting times. I was busy with babies, during the late 60s, not a good time to be married with all the " free sex" going on. But there were also good times.

In the 60s I was so into records I was cutting grade school to go to the local stores and comb through the stacks.

The last song I posted was a little humor about the era.

Do you play an instrument? My hubby plays a few, guitar mostly some3times keyboard. My mother was a great pianist I've always been around music.
I like all music,except not much Blue Grass or rap but I do enjoy a little of those also.

The last song I posted was a little humor about the era.

Do you play an instrument? My hubby plays a few, guitar mostly some3times keyboard. My mother was a great pianist I've always been around music.
I like all music,except not much Blue Grass or rap but I do enjoy a little of those also.
I play drums and piano, but not that good. My Mother was a child prodigy on piano and a piano teacher.

I play drums and piano, but not that good. My Mother was a child prodigy on piano and a piano teacher.

So was my mother, that's :cool:. Mama was made to practice since 6 and by 8 she was teaching to kids on the block. She could play all kinds of music. She would go from Strauss to Jerry Lee according to what was drinking, iced tea or PBR.
Before she settled down to have kids she was a nightclub singer and pianist. She was performing on stage in Atlanta when she was just 6. Said her first performance was Old Straw Hat,

Forum List

Back