What are some of your favorite songs by the Rolling Stones?

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2019
Valparaiso, Indiana USA
I've liked many of their songs over the years. They've always shown their love of blues music throughout their career. My favorites include - 1) Honky Tonk Women, my absolute favorite by them, I love everything about the song. The wonderful slow, bluesy beat in the beginning of the song, with prominent cowbell! The sometimes goofy lyrics, and the fantastic ensemble playing by the group. 2) You Can't Always Get What You Want, a marvelous song in many ways. Especially the cleverly added choir, a very nice touch! 3) Tumbling Dice, a song with a great, slow bluesy beat. My favorite thing about the song, is that even though I've heard the song literally dozens of times, I STILL don't understand all of Mick's vocals. But maybe it's better that I don't! It just adds a certain mystery to the song for me. So here are a few of my favorites, what are some of your favorites by the Rolling Stones?

I've liked many of their songs over the years. They've always shown their love of blues music throughout their career. My favorites include - 1) Honky Tonk Women, my absolute favorite by them, I love everything about the song. The wonderful slow, bluesy beat in the beginning of the song, with prominent cowbell! The sometimes goofy lyrics, and the fantastic ensemble playing by the group. 2) You Can't Always Get What You Want, a marvelous song in many ways. Especially the cleverly added choir, a very nice touch! 3) Tumbling Dice, a song with a great, slow bluesy beat. My favorite thing about the song, is that even though I've heard the song literally dozens of times, I STILL don't understand all of Mick's vocals. But maybe it's better that I don't! It just adds a certain mystery to the song for me. So here are a few of my favorites, what are some of your favorites by the Rolling Stones?
Put on headphones and listen to 19th Nervous Breakdown...the most brilliant mix in history.

Not a huge fan... they always sounded kind of sloppy to me like a garage band.....but some older stuff is okay....like Brown Sugar...

1588724603828.png

*****SMILE*****

:)

Can't you hear me knocking, hands down favorite,

Not a huge fan of the Stones but aside from some of the songs listed "Miss You" comes to mind as one I like.

I used to play, play with fire on my Breedlove acoustic guitar

I can't name a favorite, I like too many of them to pick just 1-2.

Sympathy for The Devil, Start Me Up, Satisfaction, Brown Sugar, Honky Tonk Women, and just as many more.

Forum List

Back