What are some of your favorite songs by the legendary musician David Bowie?

have we posted this?
David Bowie (Tin Machine) - Heavens in Here( Live At The Docks)

1) Heroes, my absolute favorite song by him, it features wonderful guitar by the great Robert Fripp, and amazing keyboard and synthesizer work by Brian Eno. Just a fantastic song.

It really is. I didn't realize Fripp played guitar on that...

4) Suffragette City, my favorite "rocker" by Bowie, this is a key track from his legendary album, The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars. This one just ROCKS.

Probably my favorite Bowie song, tied with the "Little Drummer Boy" duet he did with Bing Crosby in 1977, just a month before Crosby died. It's my favorite Christmas song...

5) China Girl, my favorite song from his hugely successful album, Let's Dance.

Stevie Ray Vaughan played lead guitar on that song, as well as five others off of that album, including the title track. Bowie offered Vaughan a spot on the tour, but Stevie turned it down...

I liked China Girl, as well as Young Americans, Rebel Rebel, and Heroes, that I can remember. Don't own any of his songs, though. They play the 'space odyssey' stuff so much I hate it. I probably like a couple others I can't remember. That genre I liked The Ramones, Belinda Carlyle, and Patti Smith, and that's about it.

1) Heroes, my absolute favorite song by him, it features wonderful guitar by the great Robert Fripp, and amazing keyboard and synthesizer work by Brian Eno. Just a fantastic song.

It really is. I didn't realize Fripp played guitar on that...

4) Suffragette City, my favorite "rocker" by Bowie, this is a key track from his legendary album, The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars. This one just ROCKS.

Probably my favorite Bowie song, tied with the "Little Drummer Boy" duet he did with Bing Crosby in 1977, just a month before Crosby died. It's my favorite Christmas song...

5) China Girl, my favorite song from his hugely successful album, Let's Dance.

Stevie Ray Vaughan played lead guitar on that song, as well as five others off of that album, including the title track. Bowie offered Vaughan a spot on the tour, but Stevie turned it down...
Thanks very much for your detailed post.

How many of you Bowie fans have an original studio promotional copy of An Evening with David Bowie? Never part of his official discography nor do I think ever sold in the stores. I do!

R-1526362-1370608780-7719.jpeg.jpg

One of the best ever most powerful smoking hot rock guitar solos I've ever seen was by Mick Ronson at the final Ziggy Concert Bowie performed at the Hammersmith Odeon Farewell Concert in 1973. I caught it on TV a few years ago and saved it to video. Don't remember exactly were in the concert it happens but you can't miss it. Ronson's guitar is like a ballistic missile. I tried to find it on Youtube but it appears much of that concert is now blocked from showing in this country.

Well, some PC knuckleheads have decided that David Bowie's song, "China Girl" is racist, THIRTY SEVEN YEARS after it was first released. This is totally ludicrous. If you listen to the lyrics, his "China Girl" is praised, and being loved to the fullest. The song, that was actually co-written by Iggy Pop, in, I believe 1977, is NOT racist. This is just more bullshit from the PC crowd. Anyway, here are a few of my favorites by Mr. Bowie - 1) Heroes, my absolute favorite song by him, it features wonderful guitar by the great Robert Fripp, and amazing keyboard and synthesizer work by Brian Eno. Just a fantastic song. 2) Space Oddity, the song where we meet the enigmatic Major Tom. This was Bowie's first big hit in the UK, and became a sizable hit in the US some years later. Wonderfully atmospheric song. 3) Blackstar, the lead-in title song on Bowie's last studio album, this one is MORE than just a song. I'd call it "musical theater". It's beautiful, sad, and eerie, and just an amazing send-off on his last album. Pure magic. 4) Suffragette City, my favorite "rocker" by Bowie, this is a key track from his legendary album, The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars. This one just ROCKS. 5) China Girl, my favorite song from his hugely successful album, Let's Dance. This song has a great beat, catchy lyrics, and a wonderful video to go along with it. And it's NOT racist, in any way. So here are my 5 favorites by Mr. Bowie, what are some of yours?
How about no and he's a faggot? That's just where I am.
He never did ary a song I think is good.
Harlem Globetrotters "bouncin" song is better than anything that faggot ever did.

Forum List

Back