10 Punk/New Wave Classic Tracks

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only punk I own is Dead Kennedys. I use it, loudly, to clear the malingerers out of the house when the party's over,

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The only punk I own is Dead Kennedys. I use it, loudly, to clear the malingerers out of the house when the party's over,
Ha-ha! I've HEARD that you'll get the same result when you play Captain Beefheart's Trout Mask Replica. I DON'T own this one, I USED to. I need to purchase it again. I DO like a lot of the fine Captain's music.

Frankeneinstein

Gold Member
Reaction score
1 - 5
1) Sex Pistols Anarchy in the UK

2) Sex Pistols EMI

3) New York Dolls Jet Boy

4) Johnathan Richman Roadrunner

5) Buzzcocks Ever Fallen In Love

Geez add this to your daily cuisine and soccer and you have to draw the conclusion that the UK is launching an all out frontal assault on the senses

HaShev

Gold Member
Reaction score
Ha-ha! I've HEARD that you'll get the same result when you play Captain Beefheart's Trout Mask Replica. I DON'T own this one, I USED to. I need to purchase it again. I DO like a lot of the fine Captain's music.
*L* I forgot about Captain Beefheart.
I like Pil's "stop banging the door" to chase annoying neighbors out their house. *L*

HaShev

Gold Member
Reaction score
Hard to find because some lame rock band stole their name soon after they disbanded.

Last edited:

idb

Gold Member
Reaction score
If we're going power pop how about this under-rated classic?

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Reaction score
*L* I forgot about Captain Beefheart.
I like Pil's "stop banging the door" to chase annoying neighbors out their house. *L*
Beefheart's music is in a genre all its own. THAT'S what I like about it. It's part rock, blues, folk, jazz, avant guard, spoken word, and just plain WEIRD music. But it IS strangely appealing in its own way.

HaShev

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'd never heard ANY of these! Thank you!
You're Welcome!
I was lucky to have access at the right time, to good music papers featuring and suggesting new music, access to great record stores with imports to persue my record addiction,
Lee Paris Alternative music DJ University of Pennsylvania radio, good Alternative music clubs in Downtown Philly, and to D.J. an alternative club myself.

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List