What are some of your favorite debut albums, all-time?

Fleetwood Mac-Fleetwood Mac, 1968 was the year.

Thanks for the post. I love the early, bluesy Fleetwood Mac. I DO like some of their later stuff, especially Rumours and Tusk, but their earliest stuff is my favorite music by them. I especially like their third album, Then Play On, I believe it was the last one with Peter Green.

Yes, Oh Well is one of the best songs of the decade.

These would be the first "official" releases by musicians. There have have been many great debut albums over the years. My favorites include Are You Experienced?, by the Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Doors self-titled debut, Please Please Me, The Beatles first release in the UK, Creedence Clearwater Revival's self-titled debut, Boston's self-titled debut, Peter Gabriel's first self-titled album, the one with him in a car, his first THREE solo releases were ALL self-titled, Let Love Rule, Lenny Kravitz's debut, Tracey Chapman's self-titled debut, and Pablo Honey, by Radiohead. What are some of YOUR favorites?

All those you mentioned are great.
Some more I would add ;
Steely Dan Can't Buy a Thrill
Mariah Carey
Santana
Led Zeppelin
Lynyrd Skynyrd (Pronounced 'Lĕh-'nérd 'Skin-'nérd)
Metallica Kill 'em All
Montrose
Rush
Van Halen
Black Sabbath
Heart Dreamboat Annie

These would be the first "official" releases by musicians. There have have been many great debut albums over the years. My favorites include Are You Experienced?, by the Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Doors self-titled debut, Please Please Me, The Beatles first release in the UK, Creedence Clearwater Revival's self-titled debut, Boston's self-titled debut, Peter Gabriel's first self-titled album, the one with him in a car, his first THREE solo releases were ALL self-titled, Let Love Rule, Lenny Kravitz's debut, Tracey Chapman's self-titled debut, and Pablo Honey, by Radiohead. What are some of YOUR favorites?

All those you mentioned are great.
Some more I would add ;
Steely Dan Can't Buy a Thrill
Mariah Carey
Santana
Led Zeppelin
Lynyrd Skynyrd (Pronounced 'Lĕh-'nérd 'Skin-'nérd)
Metallica Kill 'em All
Montrose
Rush
Van Halen
Black Sabbath
Heart Dreamboat Annie
Thanks, Angelo. Some great ones there!

Can't believe heavy metal fans that no one has mentioned the heavy metal debut album that literally BEGAN the age of heavy metal, and still one of the best IMO today:

OMG! The first time I heard this the hair on my neck stood up

Frank, it still gives my arms goosebumps. You should hear it on an eleven speaker, 3,000 watt sound system that goes FLAT down to 15 cycles! :D It puts Ozzy about 10 feet in front of me.

Better than live.

Dan, is that you?

Nope. No, Daves, No Dans. Not even a D in my name.

Pink Floyds The Piper at the Gates of Dawn was mind blowing. The late 1960's absolutely fucking ruled the music world....

Very true. I have all of Floyd's releases including the rare Zabriske Point up to and through the Final Cut, but the non-commercial stuff was their best. Kinda sad that their greatest commercial success (The Wall, Dark Side, etc.) was not their best. I think Rogers was taking over. Also have Syd Barrett's stuff.

This self named debut was released on April 13, 1999.

s-l225.jpg

God bless you and Shane always!!!

Holly (a day one fan of him)

P.S. Sadly this ended up being his only album.

Last edited:
^^^ You're welcome. Why that precious gentleman never did catch on with more country music listeners as a singer, I will never know.

God bless you and Shane always!!!

Holly

P.S. A full time songwriter is what Shane went on to be.

Forum List

Back