Boston's self-titled debut album was first released almost 44 years ago!

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2019
Valparaiso, Indiana USA
And a fine album it was, and still is. I first heard the album at my aunt's house, just a couple weeks after it had been released. My step-cousin owned it, and he told me that I wouldn't believe what I was about to hear. Of course, it blew me away, I had never heard anything quite like it before. And I believe he played it for me before I had heard "More Than A Feeling" on the radio. I bought the album soon after that, and I currently have a remastered CD version of it. So, what are some of your favorites from that album or any others from their later albums? My favorites include "More Than A Feeling", "Foreplay/Long Time" and "Smokin" from their first album and "A Man I'll Never Be", "Amanda" "Holly Anne" and "Cool The Engines" from their later albums.
"

I got to see Boston opening for Black Sabbath in 1978. (Richfield Ohio)
I'm pretty sure they played every song from the debut album ending with More Than a Feeling, and Sabbath was great with the castle-stage set-up....I guess that was Ozzy's last tour with them before doing Blizzard with Randy.
rip Brad Delp :(

I got to see Boston opening for Black Sabbath in 1978. (Richfield Ohio)
I'm pretty sure they played every song from the debut album ending with More Than a Feeling, and Sabbath was great with the castle-stage set-up....I guess that was Ozzy's last tour with them before doing Blizzard with Randy.
rip Brad Delp :(
THAT must have been one heck of a show! I never saw Boston live, I wish I had.

And a fine album it was, and still is. I first heard the album at my aunt's house, just a couple weeks after it had been released. My step-cousin owned it, and he told me that I wouldn't believe what I was about to hear. Of course, it blew me away, I had never heard anything quite like it before. And I believe he played it for me before I had heard "More Than A Feeling" on the radio. I bought the album soon after that, and I currently have a remastered CD version of it. So, what are some of your favorites from that album or any others from their later albums? My favorites include "More Than A Feeling", "Foreplay/Long Time" and "Smokin" from their first album and "A Man I'll Never Be", "Amanda" "Holly Anne" and "Cool The Engines" from their later albums.
"
What an Album! The vocals and instrumentals were mind boggling. It's too bad Boston didn't have staying power but what an impact they had on rock music.

Forum List

Back