What about Indian and Chinese pollution?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
With a long term 6+% GDP growth target these two countries have to produce most of the world's air pollution to reach their growth target so how will actions in the US with a 2-3% GDP growthrate have significant effects on the atmosphere compared to these countries?

With a long term 6+% GDP growth target these two countries have to produce most of the world's air pollution to reach their growth target so how will actions in the US with a 2-3% GDP growthrate have significant effects on the atmosphere compared to these countries?

None. Really affecting the environment has never been the point of all the climate hysteria.

There is no money to be made there so no one cares. It's the same story with many issues. People want U.S taxpayer funds and your future generations debt to increase in order to li e their pockets. They know China or India won't give them a penny.

Just to throw out an idea, maybe if the US is able to move to renewables and find ways to cut down on its pollution, while still remaining the economic powerhouse that it is, other nations would see and imitate it? By setting an example, the US could indirectly lead to places like India and China lowering their pollution, too?

It is a very valid point that other nations also put out a great deal of pollution, though.

The PLAN was that the US would contribute a huge chunk of change to help India and other countries with big issues to clean up their act. Everyone knew the plan would be far less effective without our cash. The decision not to be part of the pac may be a good move, I don't know, but it has consequences.

Climate alarmists ignore the world's worst polluters, India and China. That is because they don't care about pollution control, they care about gaining power through 'green programs', carbon taxes and penalties. In addition to air pollution, both China and India use the oceans to dump mountains of hazardous waste, plastics and dead animal matter.
If you REALLY care about pollution control START with India and China. Otherwise STFU.

Lead by example.

Trumps example is filth, dirt, racism, corruption, lies, and hate.

The PLAN was that the US would contribute a huge chunk of change to help India and other countries with big issues to clean up their act. Everyone knew the plan would be far less effective without our cash. The decision not to be part of the pac may be a good move, I don't know, but it has consequences.
We’ve been giving millions of our jobs to India and China for 30 years.
How well has that worked out?

Climate alarmists ignore the world's worst polluters, India and China. That is because they don't care about pollution control, they care about gaining power through 'green programs', carbon taxes and penalties. In addition to air pollution, both China and India use the oceans to dump mountains of hazardous waste, plastics and dead animal matter.
If you REALLY care about pollution control START with India and China. Otherwise STFU.
China has high target goals for reduction in fossil fuel use. Yes, those two countries are the biggest polluters. I don't know what India is doing, but China is actively working on it--which is more than I can say for the U.S.

China has high target goals for reduction in fossil fuel use. Yes, those two countries are the biggest polluters. I don't know what India is doing, but China is actively working on it--which is more than I can say for the U.S.
Bull; China said they’ll start in a few years.

Lead by example.

Trumps example is filth, dirt, racism, corruption, lies, and hate.

Final List warning on you. I have three others today, Isaac, seawitch, clapper.......you can go too. You should be on the super predator list for that post. You are becoming unhinged and dangerous to your neighborhood I would bet.

If you look at this article from National Geographic, it sounds as if they've begun in a big way.

Three years ago, at the Communist Party’s annual congress, Premier Li Keqiang declared war on air pollution in China. At the party congress this past March, he renewed his vow “to make our skies blue again.” Among Li’s main weapons: Reducing the production of steel and of coal-fired electricity. To replace coal, China is rolling out the world’s biggest investment in wind and solar power.
China's Surprising Solutions to Clear Killer Air

Data Shows Decrease in U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions During Trump’s First Year in Office | US EPA

If you look at this article from National Geographic, it sounds as if they've begun in a big way.

Three years ago, at the Communist Party’s annual congress, Premier Li Keqiang declared war on air pollution in China. At the party congress this past March, he renewed his vow “to make our skies blue again.” Among Li’s main weapons: Reducing the production of steel and of coal-fired electricity. To replace coal, China is rolling out the world’s biggest investment in wind and solar power.
Do you know what an “investment” is?
HINT: They are taking money for a “future” venture.

Data Shows Decrease in U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions During Trump’s First Year in Office | US EPA
That was before he loosened air quality regulations, right? Thank you, Mr. Obama.
I have read, though, that private industry, being much more intelligent than our President, is moving to control greenhouse gas emissions themselves. It's good PR if nothing else.

Do you know what it means when they say "shut down" or "closed"? You didn't read the article, did you? Car emission standards take affect this coming year, and they are developing the solar and wind production to replace the coal and gas plants.
Oh, never mind. You don't want to hear China is making us look like slugs. Which we are.

What about them? We are (or were until the Tangerine Tornado cheated his way into office) doing our best to influence them, one of the ways being by setting a good example. Now that the tRump *administration* won't even admit climate change exists what would your suggestion be?

Do you know what it means when they say "shut down" or "closed"? You didn't read the article, did you? Car emission standards take affect this coming year, and they are developing the solar and wind production to replace the coal and gas plants.
Oh, never mind. You don't want to hear China is making us look like slugs. Which we are.
I know people who live there and own businesses.
China is not doing anything to make the world a cleaner place.
I believe the news media...not.

Forum List

Back