WH responds to Cheney

Why do Republicans pretend to be somehow responsible against terrorism?A little tip' it was Bush and Cheney .who were on the .watch at 911.Stop lying about it' history wont change that fact . One of the worst e days in America ever! and it was with Republicans trying to take credit for it?

It was Bush that stopped preparing for the next attack and went after them, Proactive vs reactive. And this is what Bush will be remembered for.

And nearly the entire country including me backed him in Afganistan.

I put on hold my anger that he STOLE the election and backed him for my countrys sake.

He then turned and walked away from the REAL war and LIED to the American people so he could go into Iraq for a profit.

He will be remembered for LYING us into war and abandoning the real fight.

And the new Democrat congress in Jan of 2007 spent a year trying to prove that Bush lied, all they got was Libby who forgot a few dates that he talked to people on. Please provide proof of lies......Acting upon Intel that everyone believed as fact is not a lie, a mistake maybe, but a lie, no.

I don't think you're being fair to Cheney. I think we should give him all of the credit he has coming. The big chicken received 5 deferments, not 4.

WASHINGTON, April 30 — It was 1959 when Dick Cheney, then a student at Yale University, turned 18 and became eligible for the draft.

Eventually, like 16 million other young men of that era, Mr. Cheney sought deferments. By the time he turned 26 in January 1967 and was no longer eligible for the draft, he had asked for and received five deferments, four because he was a student and one for being a new father.

Cheney's Five Draft Deferments During the Vietnam Era Emerge as a Campaign Issue - NYTimes.com

So just like 16 million others....So he didn't break the law and dodge the draft he operated within the law. Don't we just love the whole truth?

Cheney was no different than any other college aged kid in the 60s. If he could get out of the draft, he did. There is nothing wrong with that.
What is wrong is is subsequent chicken-hawk stance and his attacks on those who did serve

Cheney has never attacked me......

Have you heard of fire?

Have you heard of bullets? Have you considered that they might be in Iran or Syria?

There was none that he found. Hussein had months to get rid of them or move them. If you were Hussein you wouldn't want to get rid of it? I would.

There were reports that they were moved to Syria.

Iraq's WMD Secreted in Syria, Sada Says - January 26, 2006 - The New York Sun

Iraq's WMD Secreted in Syria, Sada Says

By IRA STOLL, Staff Reporter of the Sun | January 26, 2006
The man who served as the no. 2 official in Saddam Hussein's air force says Iraq moved weapons of mass destruction into Syria before the war by loading the weapons into civilian aircraft in which the passenger seats were removed.

The Iraqi general, Georges Sada, makes the charges in a new book, "Saddam's Secrets," released this week. He detailed the transfers in an interview yesterday with The New York Sun.

"There are weapons of mass destruction gone out from Iraq to Syria, and they must be found and returned to safe hands," Mr. Sada said. "I am confident they were taken over."

I'm now going to demonstrate clarity on two issues. The first is the essence of truth. When a truth is within grasp it is impossible to escape its hold.

Citing the claim WMD were moved to Syria is one of the strongest pieces of evidence the goal of the invasion was to confiscate Iraq and not WMD. The reason is painfully obvious. If the goal was to seize weapons in the hands of a terrorism sponsoring State we would have left Iraq and chased the weapons to Syria. So why didn't we? The US State Dept maintains a list of terrorism sponsoring States. There is not a single nation on earth who has had more birthdays on that sheet than Syria.

"Syria has been on the U.S. list of state sponsors of terrorism since the list's inception in 1979. Because of its continuing support and safe haven for terrorist organizations, Syria is subject to legislatively mandated penalties, including export sanctions and ineligibility to receive most forms of U.S. aid or to purchase U.S. military equipment."
Syria (05/07)

When you have to rely on rumors and speculation to maintain your position it is clear caution should be used when making claims. The only thing worse is referencing rumors that, if true, defeats your own argument. If we didn't follow the weapons into Syria we were never following them at all.

1) I doubt the US knew at that time what happened to the WMD

2) If you want to make Syria a target for an american visit I can't agree more. See?
Something we can agree upon :clap2::clap2:

Example: A murderer shoots three people and kills them. He is caught three months later. The gun was not found. That doesn't mean that a gun was never used.

You have Hussein's number two guy in the air force and the chief of intelligence for Israel saying it was moved two Syria.

Oh yeah, and on your side, the brilliant logic is gee well the WMD was not found therefore it didn't exist. Pretty dumb logic.

Oh boy.

It would not matter when the Bush admin learned of the claim. If wmd was the target.....neverfuckingmind.

As for the Iraqi general you reference......he would have been on a noose right next to saddam if he didn't play along with the bush admin. You can have the last word.

So just like 16 million others....So he didn't break the law and dodge the draft he operated within the law. Don't we just love the whole truth?

Cheney was no different than any other college aged kid in the 60s. If he could get out of the draft, he did. There is nothing wrong with that.
What is wrong is is subsequent chicken-hawk stance and his attacks on those who did serve

Cheney never attacks his most loyal teabaggers. You guys do what Lynne has never done.

That the Dem leadership like the GOP leadership (my party's leadership) like the American people were all bamboozled by the worst military intellligence failure in decades is nothing to be proud of, and it happened on Bush's watch.

You get no glory or honor here, mike.

I got a question.

Since you said that Cheney should go to prison because of this so called lie about WMD, should Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Al Gore, John Kerry, Pelosi, and the rest of the democrat leadership go to prison as well because they said the same thing?

But he did attack John Kerrys war record, he did attack a Gold Star mother. Quite hypocritical when you, yourself ducked service

How does it prove that Iraq had them when Bush chose to attack the country?

How does it prove that outing a CIA agent who's husband brought back intel right before we went in that prooved the claim of yellowcake by the Bush admin was lies?

Why was it that a huge percent of American citizens thought Sadam did 911 right before we attacked the country even though that was an obvious LIE?

It's impossible to prove that Iraq had WMD the moment that the US attacked. However, the US didn't want to wait for the proof in the form of a mushroom cloud over NYC.

I challenge you to find one quote by Pres. Bursh or Cheney that said that Hussein did 911. It won't exist.

Hussein's

1) Support for terrorism

2) His WMD and that he used them

3) His strive to make nuclear weapons

4) His attempt to assassinate a US president

Is more than enough reason for him to be eliminated.

The proof is in the pudding. Since 911 Pres. Bush has kept the US safe for 7 years. This is turn around by Obama, who has been in office for just 1 year, and the US has already had 3 terrorist attack within america during that time.

CNN.com - Cheney blasts media on*al Qaeda-Iraq link - Jun 18, 2004

Friday, June 18, 2004 Posted: 2:25 AM EDT (0625 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Vice President Dick Cheney said Thursday the evidence is "overwhelming" that al Qaeda had a relationship with Saddam Hussein's regime in Iraq, and he said media reports suggesting that the 9/11 commission has reached a contradictory conclusion were "irresponsible."

"There clearly was a relationship. It's been testified to. The evidence is overwhelming," Cheney said in an interview with CNBC's "Capitol Report."

"It goes back to the early '90s. It involves a whole series of contacts, high-level contacts with Osama bin Laden and Iraqi intelligence officials."

Yeah, that's what I said. Al Qaida and Hussein were linked. I posted evidence in detail about that.

I said I challenge you to post a quote where Cheney said that Hussein did 911.

Please read slowly.

That the Dem leadership like the GOP leadership (my party's leadership) like the American people were all bamboozled by the worst military intellligence failure in decades is nothing to be proud of, and it happened on Bush's watch.

I got a question.

Since you said that Cheney should go to prison because of this so called lie about WMD, should Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Al Gore, John Kerry, Pelosi, and the rest of the democrat leadership go to prison as well because they said the same thing?

Cheney should go to prison for ordering torture

I got a question.

Cheney should go to prison for ordering torture

Cheney was right on target. The three master terrorists were uncooperative. When asked about further terrorist attacks, they answered "soon, you will know." They were made uncomfortable and terrorist attacks were thwarted that saved thousands of american civilian lives.

CNSNews.com - CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style Attack on Los Angeles

CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style Attack on Los Angeles
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
By Terence P. Jeffrey, Editor-in-Chief

Khalid Sheik Mohammad, a top al Qaeda leader who divulged information -- after being waterboarded -- that allowed the U.S. government to stop a planned terrorist attack on Los Angeles. (CNSNews.com) - The Central Intelligence Agency told CNSNews.com today that it stands by the assertion made in a May 30, 2005 Justice Department memo that the use of “enhanced techniques” of interrogation on al Qaeda leader Khalid Sheik Mohammed (KSM) -- including the use of waterboarding -- caused KSM to reveal information that allowed the U.S. government to thwart a planned attack on Los Angeles.
Before he was waterboarded, when KSM was asked about planned attacks on the United States, he ominously told his CIA interrogators, “Soon, you will know.”

According to the previously classified May 30, 2005 Justice Department memo that was released by President Barack Obama last week, the thwarted attack -- which KSM called the “Second Wave”-- planned “ ‘to use East Asian operatives to crash a hijacked airliner into’ a building in Los Angeles.”

KSM was the mastermind of the first “hijacked-airliner” attacks on the United States, which struck the World Trade Center in New York and the Pentagon in Northern Virginia on Sept. 11, 2001.

After KSM was captured by the United States, he was not initially cooperative with CIA interrogators. Nor was another top al Qaeda leader named Zubaydah. KSM, Zubaydah, and a third terrorist named Nashiri were the only three persons ever subjected to waterboarding by the CIA. (Additional terrorist detainees were subjected to other “enhanced techniques” that included slapping, sleep deprivation, dietary limitations, and temporary confinement to small spaces -- but not to water-boarding.)

This was because the CIA imposed very tight restrictions on the use of waterboarding. “The ‘waterboard,’ which is the most intense of the CIA interrogation techniques, is subject to additional limits,” explained the May 30, 2005 Justice Department memo. “It may be used on a High Value Detainee only if the CIA has ‘credible intelligence that a terrorist attack is imminent’; ‘substantial and credible indicators that the subject has actionable intelligence that can prevent, disrupt or deny this attack’; and ‘[o]ther interrogation methods have failed to elicit this information within the perceived time limit for preventing the attack.’”

The quotations in this part of the Justice memo were taken from an Aug. 2, 2004 letter that CIA Acting General Counsel John A. Rizzo sent to the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel.

Before they were subjected to “enhanced techniques” of interrogation that included waterboarding, KSM and Zubaydah were not only uncooperative but also appeared contemptuous of the will of the American people to defend themselves.

“In particular, the CIA believes that it would have been unable to obtain critical information from numerous detainees, including KSM and Abu Zubaydah, without these enhanced techniques,” says the Justice Department memo. “Both KSM and Zubaydah had ‘expressed their belief that the general US population was ‘weak,’ lacked resilience, and would be unable to ‘do what was necessary’ to prevent the terrorists from succeeding in their goals.’ Indeed, before the CIA used enhanced techniques in its interrogation of KSM, KSM resisted giving any answers to questions about future attacks, simply noting, ‘Soon you will know.’”

After he was subjected to the “waterboard” technique, KSM became cooperative, providing intelligence that led to the capture of key al Qaeda allies and, eventually, the closing down of an East Asian terrorist cell that had been tasked with carrying out the 9/11-style attack on Los Angeles

But he did attack John Kerrys war record, he did attack a Gold Star mother. Quite hypocritical when you, yourself ducked service

A lot of people attacked John Kerrys Record. But still, as a private citizen whom the press will listen to, Cheney can say anything he likes today (almost). Fact is he has got a lot of liberals upset yet they want to blame him for all their ills all of a sudden, when all he is doing is attempting to defend his own self and motivate the current administration. If what he says doesn't matter why does anyone respond to him at all? Why keep pointing the finger?

Chuck Schumer is actually right about this issue

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4CWk5LfoH0[/ame]

You are asking if the Dems should share the blame because the supported the force bill of the fall of 2002, when they were fed falsehoods? Of course not. Should Bush and Cheney be held accountable for the criminal actions of the U.S. government because of their executive positions of responsibility? Of course.

You ideologues have had your ideology proven false. Get down of the stumps and apologize to the world for your behavior and your words. If you were truly in love with America, the Constitution, and inforrmed democracy, that is exactly what you would do.

And we, the American public, have judged you. We threw you out of office, and you are not getting power back anytime soon.

You are asking if the Dems should share the blame because the supported the force bill of the fall of 2002, when they were fed falsehoods? Of course not. Should Bush and Cheney be held accountable for the criminal actions of the U.S. government because of their executive positions of responsibility? Of course.

You ideologues have had your ideology proven false. Get down of the stumps and apologize to the world for your behavior and your words. If you were truly in love with America, the Constitution, and inforrmed democracy, that is exactly what you would do.

And we, the American public, have judged you. We threw you out of office, and you are not getting power back anytime soon.

You were born an idiot. Almost every post you have reflects that. :eusa_whistle:

Iraq did have WMD.

Hello? He used them.
'

You are either very confused or a liar. We invaded Iraq to find and destroy the WMD. There was none, but your boy lied and got many other to lie so that all his friend could become rich. The WMD you are referring to was removed by Bush I. You know, the one with a brain.

“George W. Bush who talks tough and brags about making America safer has once again failed to deliver. After being warned about the danger of major stockpiles of explosives in Iraq, this administration failed to guard those stockpiles – where nearly 380 tons of highly explosive weapons were kept. Today we learned that these explosives are missing, unaccounted for and could be in the hands of terrorists.

“Terrorists could use this material to kill our troops and our people, blow up airplanes and level buildings." -- John Fucking Kerry November 05, 2004

Facts are stubborn things and tend to be very mean to Libruls

No, mike, there was no link between AQ and SH in fostering and promoting terrorism against the U.S. You have not posted anything remotely credible or probabtive of your position.

You are as stubbornly and immorally deceitful as Cheney, and you will be judged as such.

No, mike, there was no link between AQ and SH in fostering and promoting terrorism against the U.S. You have not posted anything remotely credible or probabtive of your position.

You are as stubbornly and immorally deceitful as Cheney, and you will be judged as such.

Earth to Jake, Earth to Jake. Do you read? Over.

I posted the details of a DOD memo of at least 50 contacts between Hussein and Al Qaida.

And that DOD memo has been discredited many, many times when it comes to AQ and SH in fostering and promoting terrorism. Geez, you sound like Cheney. Now go run and play, mike, and stop disturbing the adults.

Earth to Jake, Earth to Jake. Do you read? Over.

I posted the details of a DOD memo of at least 50 contacts between Hussein and Al Qaida.

jakes a little busy right now - he just found something between his legs and his dog is taking care of it

Forum List

Back