West Virginia Republican Stooge Joe Manchin Signs His States Death Warrant

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
Coal mining is an extraction industry. When an extraction industry ends, every person and community dependent on that industry is left with not just nothing, but less than nothing. They’re left carrying the cost in health care for all the people harmed by companies that saw health and safety regulations as an obstacle to be avoided. They’re left with the environmental consequences of an industry that, by its nature, destroys not just forests and streams but entire mountains and valleys. They’re left with an economy hollowed out by a company that, in its final retreat, leaves behind neither a workforce nor conditions that attract a replacement.

What does a community look like when an extraction industry shuts down? Pick any ghost town in the West. That’s what it looks like.

In 2018, the Sierra Club took a look at the town of Lynch, Kentucky, to see what a mining community was like when the mines left. They found it “hollowed out” and falling to ruin. But Lynch is just one of many such towns. I’ve been there. I’ve seen them. It’s not just that the only industry in town has left, it’s that the industry left behind valleys filled with rubble, streets edged with coal that spilled from passing trucks, a water supply spoiled by acid runoff. I’ve been there. I grew up there. And in my decades as a geologist for a major coal mining company, I helped perpetuate it.

When the mining stops, what’s left are sick people and a failing town; the kind of community where even those who have worked themselves into “middle class respectability” suddenly find that their home is worth nothing, their local schools are bankrupt, and all their debts are as big as ever.

Right now, Joe Manchin is standing in the way of a reconciliation bill that offers West Virginia an off ramp on the road to ruin. And why he’s doing it … that doesn’t even really matter.

Vote Manchin and Republicans out of office, and your lives will get better because of that alone.

Coal mining is an extraction industry. When an extraction industry ends, every person and community dependent on that industry is left with not just nothing, but less than nothing. They’re left carrying the cost in health care for all the people harmed by companies that saw health and safety regulations as an obstacle to be avoided. They’re left with the environmental consequences of an industry that, by its nature, destroys not just forests and streams but entire mountains and valleys. They’re left with an economy hollowed out by a company that, in its final retreat, leaves behind neither a workforce nor conditions that attract a replacement.

What does a community look like when an extraction industry shuts down? Pick any ghost town in the West. That’s what it looks like.

In 2018, the Sierra Club took a look at the town of Lynch, Kentucky, to see what a mining community was like when the mines left. They found it “hollowed out” and falling to ruin. But Lynch is just one of many such towns. I’ve been there. I’ve seen them. It’s not just that the only industry in town has left, it’s that the industry left behind valleys filled with rubble, streets edged with coal that spilled from passing trucks, a water supply spoiled by acid runoff. I’ve been there. I grew up there. And in my decades as a geologist for a major coal mining company, I helped perpetuate it.

When the mining stops, what’s left are sick people and a failing town; the kind of community where even those who have worked themselves into “middle class respectability” suddenly find that their home is worth nothing, their local schools are bankrupt, and all their debts are as big as ever.

Right now, Joe Manchin is standing in the way of a reconciliation bill that offers West Virginia an off ramp on the road to ruin. And why he’s doing it … that doesn’t even really matter.

Vote Manchin and Republicans out of office, and your lives will get better because of that alone.
More people work for Arbey's sandwich shops than for the entire coal industry. 80,000. Almost twice as many.

And why he’s doing it … that doesn’t even really matter.
To YOU, it doesn't matter. He's a politician and he's a Democrat in a state that voted overwhelmingly for Trump and will likely do so again. My guess is that he also realizes that if he votes to allow the removal of the filibuster, the next step forward in this nation will be an actual, unavoidable Civil War. The Left has lost all semblance of sanity and now they seem to believe they can force one-party rule on the other 100 million or so Americans.

I like coal mining. The huge machines used are technological beauties.

And it isn't the obligation of mining companies to prepare a community for the future. That is the obligation of local leaders.

Pay for it and I'll support him voting for it.

If he jumps ship, you retarted mother fuckers are finished, so keep beating him up you dumb ass

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :itsok: :itsok: :itsok: :itsok:

That's about right
40 hrs X 57 per hr = 2280 per week
2280 per week X 52 weeks = 118,560 per year

West Virginia is a beautiful state that is an environmental catastrophe. 36 of it’s 55 counties rank as the worst in the nation for water quality. West Virginia is like a third world country in the middle of the USA.

Friggin Manchin should be working with the Democrats to clean up West Virginia’s environment. WV should get off the “coal crack” and work towards becoming a tourist destination or high-tech hub. It has that potential.

I was looking to buy a second home WV. But damn just about every place I looked, the area had some kind of environmental disaster. If it wasn’t water that you couldn’t drink, it was a cancer hub or in a toxic waste zone.

Manchin do your job. Work for your people.

Last edited:
Democrats are going to punish Virginia. They will win the "fortified" election then seek out all the trouble makers. If I was there I'd move.

It's usually about the money;
As The Guardian reported in partnership with the Center for Media and Democracy in July, Manchin himself founded a private coal brokerage in 1998 called “Enersystems.” Though currently run by his son, Manchin still owns as much as a $US5 ($AU7) million stake in the company, raking in $US500,000 ($AU696,552) of income from it in 2020 alone. As of late 2019, Manchin was by far the most invested of any senator in “dirty energy.”
Manchin also draws significant campaign funding from the energy industry as well, including $US65,000 ($AU90,552) from oil giant Exxon’s lobbyists and political action committee. He also attended a July fundraiser in Houston held by a number of Texas oil and gas titans who otherwise donate exclusively to Republicans.

Keith McCoy, Exxon’s senior director of federal relations, bragged in a leaked video recording that he talked to Manchin’s office every week. “He is the kingmaker, and he’s not shy about staking his claim early and completely changing the debate,” he said.

And it isn't the obligation of mining companies to prepare a community for the future. That is the obligation of local leaders.

Use up the resource and move on

To YOU, it doesn't matter. He's a politician and he's a Democrat in a state that voted overwhelmingly for Trump and will likely do so again. My guess is that he also realizes that if he votes to allow the removal of the filibuster, the next step forward in this nation will be an actual, unavoidable Civil War. The Left has lost all semblance of sanity and now they seem to believe they can force one-party rule on the other 100 million or so Americans.
mentioning dems and sanity in one sentence should b illegal

West Virginia is a beautiful state that is an environmental catastrophe. 36 of it’s 55 counties rank as the worst in the nation for water quality. West Virginia is like a third world country in the middle of the USA.

Friggin Manchin should be working with the Democrats to clean up West Virginia’s environment. WV should get off the “coal crack” and work towards becoming a tourist destination or high-tech hub. It has that potential.

I was looking to buy a second home WV. But damn just about every place I looked, the area had some kind of environmental disaster. If it wasn’t water that you couldn’t drink, it was a cancer hub or in a toxic waste zone.

bring in a million haitians that will help

Trump's Playboy interview:

PLAYBOY: What satisfaction, exactly, do you get out of doing a deal?

TRUMP: I love the creative process. I do what I do out of pure enjoyment. Hopefully, nobody does it better. There’s a beauty to making a great deal. It’s my canvas. And I like painting it.

I like the challenge and tell the story of the coal miner’s son. The coal miner gets black-lung disease, his son gets it, then his son . If I had been the son of a coal miner, I would have left the damn mines. But most people don’t have the imagination–or whatever–to leave their mine. They don’t have “it.”

PLAYBOY: Which is?

TRUMP: “It” is an ability to become an entrepreneur, a great athlete, a great writer. You’re either born with it or you’re not. Ability can be honed, perfected or neglected. The day Jack Nicklaus came into this world, he had more innate ability to play golf than anybody else.

Trump spit right in the faces of coal miners in that interview. Trump considered coal miners to be too stupid to get another career. Trump said they don't have "it". He said they are genetic losers.

These dumb backward rubes still have not caught on they've been hoaxed by a New York limousine liberal.

Read the link in the OP. It actually is a legal obligation which the mining companies have reneged on.

As I've said many times on this forum, we need to train our children for the jobs of tomorrow, not the jobs of their fathers.

Forum List

Back