West Virginia adopted Constitutional carry 5 years ago. Crime went down, not up, anti-gunners don't have a clue.

Well they create there own frustration, they vote for oppression so I can’t feel bad for them.. whites the same
True that the black subculture doesn't seem to be ready for success. Perhaps in a few more decades.

I'm not the one who advocates for an industry that kills 42,000 Americans every year... that would be you.

So in reply to me criticizing you for engaging in straw-man diversions, you give me yet another straw-man diversion.

Then why not let them? Let a city like Chicago have a comprehensive gun ban, and when it doesn't work, you can say, "I told you so!"

Why let them; why should they be given permission to enact and enforce laws in direct conflict with the Constitution of the USA?

Why shouldn't they be forced to contain their government operations within the rules established to control and limit government operations?

I'm sure it doesn't... it probably terrifies you that the 80% of us who aren't gun nuts might finally get fed up with your nonsense and try what they are doing.

I do not fear the power-tripping fantasies of impotent US leftists who are enamored with the the power European statist authoritarians wield against their subjects.

Frankly, most gun owners aren't the problem here. It's the nutters like you and 2TinyGuy who seem to think that Adam Lanza should have a military grade assault rifle because the Founding Slave Owners couldn't carefully craft a militia amendment coherently.

Have you created a keystroke shortcut that pastes that particular example of your stupidity into your posts?

I'd have no problem with guns that are licensed, properly background checked, screened, insured and properly stored. You know- Well-regulated.

You have described about 75 million gun owners.

"BUT THE FOUNDING FATHERS SAID I CAN HAVE A GUN!!!!"

The founders / framers did not give us the right to keep and bear arms. The framers crafted a contact through which the people granted government specifically enumerated powers and delegated those limited powers to be directed to perform certain specific duties and no others.

The most foundational principle of the contact is that of conferred powers and retained rights; everything not conferred by the people to the care and control of government is retained by the people and the government can not assume any interest in those affairs if no specific power was granted to allow government to act.

he government doesn't allow us to exercise rights, "We the People" allow government to exist and to do only what we have told it to do.

You troll....

Gang members know the rival gang members they shoot, the drug dealer stealing the cash and drugs of another dealer also knows that dealer....you moron.

If my drug-dealing neighbors upstairs decide to kill me because I keep calling the cops on them . . . well, they've killed someone they know. But it's not like we're family or friends or anything.

Except that the Constitution applies to Chicago too. Chicago simply can't enact such a ban unless we amend the Constitution to allow them to do so.

The constitution calls for well-regulated militias. I'm all for well-regulated militias, I was a member of one for years. Chicago should be able to "well-regulated" it's guns if it wants to.

Actually, you WOULD have a massive problem with "guns that are licensed, properly background checked, screened, insured and properly stored", because they'd still be privately owned, and you can't handle that. You've already stated that you would like to outlaw private ownership of guns, so don't try to give us that, unless you're also going to state that you're modifying your position.

What I'd like and what I am willing to live with are two different things.

If Joe were dictator, the ATF would be going door to door confiscating every last gun. But sensibly, I know that's not practical. We need to phase guns out slowly. Make it harder to get new ones out there, hold the gun makers responsible for their irresponsible marketing, making having a gun such a pain that people eventually give them up.

Why let them; why should they be given permission to enact and enforce laws in direct conflict with the Constitution of the USA?

Why shouldn't they be forced to contain their government operations within the rules established to control and limit government operations?

The constitution isn't a suicide pact.

I do not fear the power-tripping fantasies of impotent US leftists who are enamored with the the power European statist authoritarians wield against their subjects.

Yes, how dare we want low crime, low poverty, universal health care? That's just crazy talk man. Don't we realize that "freedom" is hoping that you don't get shot by a crazy person with a gun before you die from a treatable disease that bankrupts your family?

Whenever a right winger talks about 'Freedom", it's the ability of those with money and privilege to abuse those who don't have it.

You have described about 75 million gun owners.

Adam Lanza. Joker Holmes. Nicholas Cruz. etc. etc. All guys who were batshit crazy and still able to get guns.

Maybe be we are tired of that culture. Most of us don't own guns, and we are getting pretty sick of watching children being wheeled out of schools in body bags.
Well stop immigration that oppresses Americans. Let’s help Americans that have to work with 12 ppl that can’t speak English 8 hours a day

Really you think race doesn't matter?

Could have fooled me
If course it matters, my city is have a black only black advancement job fair where they are going to fill open positions at city hall with just black ppl. Lol
Racism is alive and well

If course it matters, my city is have a black only black advancement job fair where they are going to fill open positions at city hall with just black ppl. Lol
Racism is alive and well
And you're right there adding to it

The constitution calls for well-regulated militias. I'm all for well-regulated militias, I was a member of one for years. Chicago should be able to "well-regulated" it's guns if it wants to.
The Constitution says a "well-regulated militia" is one reason for the Amendment, but the right is there regardless. But you knew that because the Supreme Court told you. Naturally, your knowledge of the law is superior to theirs.
What I'd like and what I am willing to live with are two different things.

If Joe were dictator, the ATF would be going door to door confiscating every last gun. But sensibly, I know that's not practical. We need to phase guns out slowly. Make it harder to get new ones out there, hold the gun makers responsible for their irresponsible marketing, making having a gun such a pain that people eventually give them up.
"Irresponsible marketing"? Where are you seeing that? Are you reading 50-year-old copies of the Sears catalog? Going to the S&W website and pretending that kids are perusing it?

Protecting them from what?

Your kids have a far better chance than a Black kid growing up in the hood.
White kids in the hood are doing better then black kids in the hood? Link? So if I come to you neighborhood abs say whites only you ok with that?

Forum List

Back