West Point graduates called back to school for graduation and Trump speech........

I'm sure the West Point graduates were happy to go back and felt honored that CIC Trump wanted to be the commencement speaker at their graduation.
It was a once in a life time event. ... :salute:
For some of them it might just be. We already lost a sailor aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt.

The military volunteered to risk life and limb to protect the freedoms of this country. But to soothe the presidents ego, isn't a reason to risk traveling by public transportation all the way back to west point, and home again.
Trump is their commander and chief...if they didn't want to serve under him they didn't have to...we have an all volunteer military....

Not after their sophomore year, they are committed! They cannot unvolunteer. My daughter had a 5-year commitment after graduation. She had 4 years for her college and an additional year for getting her guaranteed warfare specialty.
Yes I realize that...I was informing another poster that most all of them knew who was president when they enlisted....and they certainly did when they were excepted into the academy....
Trump is their commander and chief...if they didn't want to serve under him they didn't have to...we have an all volunteer military....
Current west point graduates entered while Obama was president.
People always want to argue little ancillary points that over ride the main point....if we are graduating cadets that are afraid of the corona virus we have bigger problems than the virus....and I can say that the cadets in question knew Obama's time was short...when they applied for their west point education.....are you trying to make the point that these men and women do not want to go to graduation and listen to their commander and chief?...if you are you will have to do better than that.....

People always want to argue little ancillary points that over ride the main point....if we are graduating cadets that are afraid of the corona virus we have bigger problems than the virus....and I can say that the cadets in question knew Obama's time was short...when they applied for their west point education.....are you trying to make the point that these men and women do not want to go to graduation and listen to their commander and chief?...if you are you will have to do better than that.....

The difference between a brave man and a fool, is that the brave man knows the danger and chooses to face the danger.

A fool, faces danger ignorant of its existence.

Just out of curiosity Admiral, do you think that this is a good thing, or is it putting the cadets at risk?

This is another "hamburger hill"

A good commander puts his soldiers in danger for a good cause.

A bad commander puts his soldiers in danger over nothing of importance.

Just out of curiosity Admiral, do you think that this is a good thing, or is it putting the cadets at risk?

To tell you the truth, I can't see any benefit for the cadets. I see a whole bunch of hassle they are going to have to go through, just so Trump can have his military speech. There is nothing essential or critical about hearing Trump give a graduation speech.

Other than to feed his ego, that is. This virus is really taking a toll on Trump, because he can't hold his rallies to get his ego stroked. He tried to use the COVID updates as rally surrogates, but that also went south and failed when he started talking about injecting disinfectant and sunlight.

The difference between a brave man and a fool, is that the brave man knows the danger and chooses to face the danger.

The nation is on the verge of opening back up...or haven't you noticed?....danger LMAO...tomorrow they will be in a war zone....

The nation is on the verge of opening back up...or haven't you noticed?....danger LMAO...tomorrow they will be in a war zone....
We don't have a vaccine, we don't have a cure, we've lost more people than we did in 10 years of vietnam.

Once again the fool confronts a danger out of ignorance.

We don't have a vaccine, we don't have a cure, we've lost more people than we did in 10 years of vietnam.

Once again the fool confronts a danger out of ignorance.

Now you are comparing the virus to a war?.....we lost 54,000 people to this years seasonal flu and the year is not over yet.....and last seasons flu killed 86,000 Americans.....are you arguing to not lose the argument or are you just dense?.....young people die in war...mainly older and health compromised people are dying from covid....just like with the flu.....

I'm sure the West Point graduates were happy to go back and felt honored that CIC Trump wanted to be the commencement speaker at their graduation.
For some of them it might just be. We already lost a sailor aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt.

The military volunteered to risk life and limb to protect the freedoms of this country. But to soothe the presidents ego, isn't a reason to risk traveling by public transportation all the way back to west point, and home again.

Not after their sophomore year, they are committed! They cannot unvolunteer. My daughter had a 5-year commitment after graduation. She had 4 years for her college and an additional year for getting her guaranteed warfare specialty.
Yes I realize that...I was informing another poster that most all of them knew who was president when they enlisted....and they certainly did when they were excepted into the academy....

"accepted" not "excepted".

To tell you the truth, I can't see any benefit for the cadets. I see a whole bunch of hassle they are going to have to go through, just so Trump can have his military speech. There is nothing essential or critical about hearing Trump give a graduation speech.

Other than to feed his ego, that is. This virus is really taking a toll on Trump, because he can't hold his rallies to get his ego stroked. He tried to use the COVID updates as rally surrogates, but that also went south and failed when he started talking about injecting disinfectant and sunlight.

Why do you lie?

Well, it seems that Trump shows yet again how little he cares for our military. When COVID19 broke out, the military academies all sent their students home to finish out the year via remote schooling. The US Naval Academy has decided that calling all it's graduates back would be dangerous to the cadets, and so they are doing a virtual ceremony.

West Point graduates aren't so lucky. They were at home, but now will have to come back for graduation to hear Trump give a speech. Not only will they have to return under dangerous conditions (travel is risky right now), but they will also have to be quarantined before the graduation, and then, travel back under dangerous conditions home, just because Trump needs his ego stroked.

Does anyone else think that this is unnecessarily putting our military graduates at risk? I do. I mean, even the US Naval Academy says that bringing the cadets back for graduation is a bad idea, which is why they are doing it virtually.

Still think Trump cares about the military? I don't.

WASHINGTON — For President Trump, who adores the pomp and precision of military ceremonies, this was the year he would finally get one of the special perks of being president — delivering the commencement address at West Point, the only service academy where he has not spoken.
But the graduation was postponed because of the coronavirus, the cadets were sent home and officials at the school were not sure when it would be held or even whether it was a good idea to hold it.
The Naval Academy, for its part, decided it was too risky to recall its nearly 1,000 graduating midshipmen to Annapolis, Md., for a commencement. Those graduates will have a virtual event. But the Air Force Academy, in contrast to the other schools, sent home its underclassmen, locked down its seniors on campus, moved up graduation, mandated social distancing — and went ahead with plans for Vice President Mike Pence to be its speaker.
And so last Friday, the day before Mr. Pence was to speak at the Air Force ceremony in Colorado, Mr. Trump, never one to be upstaged, abruptly announced that he would, in fact, be speaking at West Point.

That was news to everyone, including officials at West Point, according to three people involved with or briefed on the event. The academy had been looking at the option of a delayed presidential commencement in June, but had yet to complete any plans. With Mr. Trump’s pre-emptive statement, they are now summoning 1,000 cadets scattered across the country to return to campus in New York, the state that is the center of the outbreak.
Totally irresponsible. Trump cares about no one but himself. It's pathetic, dangerous, and encourages more death. Trump is a genocidal maniac.

Why do you lie?
How is it a lie?

Do you troll around here and correct everyone's spelling or just us people you have never won an argument with?....

Do you troll around here and correct everyone's spelling or just us people you have never won an argument with?....

That is not spelling, dumbass, because you used the entirely wrong word. You apparently don't know the difference.

That is not spelling, dumbass, because you used the entirely wrong word. You apparently don't know the difference.
That didn't answer my question....that's why you lose arguments....

I lose arguments because I point out that you are a dumbass? I think there is some lack of logic there. Besides, if we did have an argument, I could beat you like a rented mule and you would enjoy it.

I lose arguments because I point out that you are a dumbass? I think there is some lack of logic there. Besides, if we did have an argument, I could beat you like a rented mule and you would enjoy it.
Hasn't happened yet.....But I'll keep an eye out for ya....

Most of the time you are pretty reasonable, but your education is apparently lacking in certain areas.

Most of the time you are pretty reasonable, but your education is apparently lacking in certain areas.
LMAO....as soon as I find a disagreement with one of your posts we can debate and see just who's education is lacking.....I got on your radar somehow.....

seriously dude....you need to get out....you may have been shut in way too long....LOL

Forum List

Back