Weren't we told that Eqypt wouldn't become an Islamic theocracy?

No one is going bonkers. I calmed you down, yelling chicken. I am not left, you are neither right nor conservative, merely a radical reactionary,

We lost Vietnam. End of story.

You can't defend it. End of story.

We lost the war, yelling chicken, don't you get that?

The reality was that after Tet we could not win it because the corruption of our allies was so great the peasants and city folks just wanted us gone.

You want us to invade the ME after the fiasco of Iraq, which is joining Iran to support the dictatorship in Syria to keep out the Sunnis?

You are not a conservative, simply a reactionary neo-con loony. Go home.

Are you having this debate with the voices in your head?

No one is saying we won the war.

We are trying to calm the voices in your head Barry. You are shifting ground and trying to deflect. We lost in Vietnam. We could not have won with the industrial military model we were using there. The same problem occurred in Iraq. No one can win when the ideology becomes more important than the people, the hearts and minds of the people, in the occupied country. End of story.

Not in my name. I don't support Egyptians slaughtering innocent Christians. They're not my friends. So shame on my Government for supporting them. Meet the new friends,same as the old friends.

a_intl_coptic_1011.jpg

When Andro Naguib Gobrail arrived at Cairo's main thoroughfare, the Corniche, on Sunday, he was on a mission: to pick up his father, Coptic human-rights activist Naguib Gobrail. The elder Gobrail had been shot in the leg when Egyptian soldiers attacked peaceful Christian protesters near the iconic Maspero building, which houses radio and television facilities. "They put a gun over my head, and they asked me to go away," the younger man tells TIME. "I carried my dad to my car. When I got there, I found a lot of people saying, 'We will kill you.' "

The Gobrails quickly left the area — but not before witnessing part of the rampage that by late Monday had left at least 24 dead and 270 injured, according to the Egyptian Health Ministry. Many were mowed down by vehicles driven by soldiers under the command of the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces (SCAF), the interim body ruling Egypt. According to Andro Naguib Gobrail, the cars deliberately plowed through crowds of protesters. "The army was driving over the bodies," Gobrail says. "It was disturbing." He says he later went to the nearby Coptic hospital on Ramses Street — which became a gathering place for survivors and members of the Christian community — and saw one corpse with 10 bullet wounds to the chest.

Egypt Riot Photos: Coptic Christians Demonstrate in Cairo - TIME

Egypt's Coptic Christians: Resilience, Anger After Violence - TIME

Well it sure seems like it's becoming one to their 10% Christian population.

24 dead in worst Cairo riots since Mubarak ouster - Yahoo! News

The sad Reality is as bad as Mubarak was, One thing he did was keep the Peace between the groups there.

10% of Egyptians are Coptic Christians, it appears the new Powers that Be are not Interested in Keeping the peace between the Groups. I Predict Straight up Ethnic Cleansing.

As fucked up as Iraq is, at least Bush Understood that you can not just Topple the leader of a Nation like that, unless you have boots on the ground and will be able to at least try and effect who takes their Place.

Egypt, and Libya Both were irresponsible in the Fact that we Pushed to have leaders removed, when we have no clear Idea who is going to take their place, and no Means to effect the Out come.

a_intl_coptic_1011.jpg

When Andro Naguib Gobrail arrived at Cairo's main thoroughfare, the Corniche, on Sunday, he was on a mission: to pick up his father, Coptic human-rights activist Naguib Gobrail. The elder Gobrail had been shot in the leg when Egyptian soldiers attacked peaceful Christian protesters near the iconic Maspero building, which houses radio and television facilities. "They put a gun over my head, and they asked me to go away," the younger man tells TIME. "I carried my dad to my car. When I got there, I found a lot of people saying, 'We will kill you.' "

The Gobrails quickly left the area — but not before witnessing part of the rampage that by late Monday had left at least 24 dead and 270 injured, according to the Egyptian Health Ministry. Many were mowed down by vehicles driven by soldiers under the command of the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces (SCAF), the interim body ruling Egypt. According to Andro Naguib Gobrail, the cars deliberately plowed through crowds of protesters. "The army was driving over the bodies," Gobrail says. "It was disturbing." He says he later went to the nearby Coptic hospital on Ramses Street — which became a gathering place for survivors and members of the Christian community — and saw one corpse with 10 bullet wounds to the chest.

I have met many Egyptians when I was in the ME Ropey and for them Islam is a huge part of their lives whether it be business, political or personal, Mubarak for the most part was a moderate, now that he is gone the Egyptians will get the Islamic government that they have always wanted.

There are some very dark days ahead for the Christians in Egypt.

I'm afraid you're right. Nice new friends we have over there huh?

I have always said this new regime in Egypt is going to make Mubarak look like a pussy cat.

Nah, it's going to make him look like the Secular, Brutal Dictator he was, compared to a Brutal, Islamic Dictatorship.

Net change will be for the worse, just ask any Non Muslim still living there. If I were a Christian there now, and I had the means, I would be getting the hell out of there. All you have to do is look around the Middle east, to know that things are not going to get better for Christians in Egypt with Mubarak Gone, they have gone from Bad to worse.

Who told you that?

a_intl_coptic_1011.jpg

I have met many Egyptians when I was in the ME Ropey and for them Islam is a huge part of their lives whether it be business, political or personal, Mubarak for the most part was a moderate, now that he is gone the Egyptians will get the Islamic government that they have always wanted.

Yes, I agree with your view of the end result, although I don't think Mubarak was moderate. I think he was smart enough to know which side of the bread took the butter and to be sure that was the side facing up and a brutally murdersome man. :)

Who told you that?

Who thought it was a good Idea to pressure for Mubarak's Removal, when it was pretty obvious what would take his place.

Mubarak was Bad, But he kept the Peace for the most part. Now we face the potential of an Egyptian Civil War, Ethnic Cleansing, and renewed Hostilities between Egypt and Israel.

It is Very Irresponsible to pressure for the Removal of Leaders like Mubarak, and Qaddaffi, when we have no idea who will take their place, and know there is a good chance who ever it is will be even worse.

a_intl_coptic_1011.jpg

I don't think it is fair to say they have always wanted it. In Nazi Germany Millions of Germans Joined the Nazi Party simply to avoid suspicion, and persecution. In a place like Egypt right now, It can seem very unpopular and scary to be against Islamic Theocracy. The Forces that push for it are likely to not be happy with those publicly Against it.

Egypt has a Highly Secularized, and educated Population as Middle eastern Countries go, However the Radical Islamic Forces there are very strong, and Organized and the Secular Democratic Forces are weak and UN-Organized. I don't doubt if they held election you would end up with an Islamic Theocracy, but I don't think it will be because most of the people want one, It will be because most of the people were afraid to oppose it.

Last edited:

Who told you that?

Who thought it was a good Idea to pressure for Mubarak's Removal, when it was pretty obvious what would take his place.

Mubarak was Bad, But he kept the Peace for the most part. Now we face the potential of an Egyptian Civil War, Ethnic Cleansing, and renewed Hostilities between Egypt and Israel.

It is Very Irresponsible to pressure for the Removal of Leaders like Mubarak, and Qaddaffi, when we have no idea who will take their place, and know there is a good chance who ever it is will be even worse.

The same neo-con advice that led to the leveling of much of Central America in the eighties, to bad things in Chile in the seventies, to . . . oh, what the hey. You don't care.

Who told you that?

The question I asked was, "Who told you that". A name would be sufficient.

Who told you that?

You mean besides you and your partner in grime TM? :confused:

I never said that.

So, in other words you owe me an apology because you are a lying sack of shit.

You're right, I apologize. uscitizen actually started the thread I thought you started (but in my defense that's an easy mistake. :))

But to your original question, uscitizen and TM were both pretty adamant that Eqypt won't go the way Iran went in 1979.

You mean besides you and your partner in grime TM? :confused:

I never said that.

So, in other words you owe me an apology because you are a lying sack of shit.

You're right, I apologize. uscitizen actually started the thread I thought you started (but in my defense that's an easy mistake. :))

But to your original question, uscitizen and TM were both pretty adamant that Eqypt won't go the way Iran went in 1979.

I'm sorry I called you a lying sack of shit. I take it back.

From the invasion of Iraq I have said this involvement in the middle east is a mistake. They don't want what we want. They never have. We were not invited into Iraq. The people didn't ask for our help. Bush 1 was an officer during WWII, the former head of the CIA, Vice President and President. He didn't invade Iraq when we actually had cause. Because he knew better.

Iraq wrote Islam into their constitution as the basis for ALL legislation. It's right there in black and white.

Obama didn't commit troops into Egypt or Libya. He only stopped people from being slaughtered. After that, they are on their own. Theocracy is a cancer. The religion doesn't matter. Look at those who push religion in this country. Challenging science with mysticism? Ridiculous. Religion is used as a club for everything from science to civil rights. I, personally, am against mysticism and the supernatural. I admit, I don't get it. It just seems too silly.

Forum List

Back