Weren't we told that Eqypt wouldn't become an Islamic theocracy?

Our new friends in Egypt and Libya will prove to be much worse than our old friends. That's my prediction. The slaughter of innocent Christians is only the beginning in Egypt. We bought and paid for these new friends so we own em now. Their atrocities are our atrocities.

Well it sure seems like it's becoming one to their 10% Christian population

These troubles also happened under Mubarak rule.
At the end of the day, Egypt is still a dictatorship until credible elections with international monitoring happens and the power is transferred to civilians.
So far nothing has changed in Egypt and the country is still run by same Security system.
Elections were planned for November in Egypt, and it seems the Army is doing everything to delay those elections.

Our new friends in Egypt and Libya will prove to be much worse than our old friends. That's my prediction. The slaughter of innocent Christians is only the beginning in Egypt. We bought and paid for these new friends so we own em now. Their atrocities are our atrocities.

What "friends" are you talking about?

a_intl_coptic_1011.jpg

Egypt Riot Photos: Coptic Christians Demonstrate in Cairo - TIME

Egypt's Coptic Christians: Resilience, Anger After Violence - TIME

I have met many Egyptians when I was in the ME Ropey and for them Islam is a huge part of their lives whether it be business, political or personal, Mubarak for the most part was a moderate, now that he is gone the Egyptians will get the Islamic government that they have always wanted.

I don't think it is fair to say they have always wanted it. In Nazi Germany Millions of Germans Joined the Nazi Party simply to avoid suspicion, and persecution. In a place like Egypt right now, It can seem very unpopular and scary to be against Islamic Theocracy. The Forces that push for it are likely to not be happy with those publicly Against it.

Egypt has a Highly Secularized, and educated Population as Middle eastern Countries go, However the Radical Islamic Forces there are very strong, and Organized and the Secular Democratic Forces are weak and UN-Organized. I don't doubt if they held election you would end up with an Islamic Theocracy, but I don't think it will be because most of the people want one, It will be because most of the people were afraid to oppose it.

Alot of those secular and educated Egyptians will be liquidating their assets and leaving the country once an Islamic theocracy takes place, just like in Iran when the Shah left, most of the Christians will leave too.

Well it sure seems like it's becoming one to their 10% Christian population.

24 dead in worst Cairo riots since Mubarak ouster - Yahoo! News

:lol:

Well, I have to humbly admit

I totally called this.

I knew there would be bloodshed as the only thing keeping the christians alive was the fear of their tyrants connection to America.

This will also occur in Lybia.

I think we both called this back when Mubarak stepped down, in Libya they are treating the Black Africans just like the Egyptians are treating their Christians.

Well it sure seems like it's becoming one to their 10% Christian population.

24 dead in worst Cairo riots since Mubarak ouster - Yahoo! News

:lol:

Well, I have to humbly admit

I totally called this.

I knew there would be bloodshed as the only thing keeping the christians alive was the fear of their tyrants connection to America.

This will also occur in Lybia.

I think we both called this back when Mubarak stepped down, in Libya they are treating the Black Africans just like the Egyptians are treating their Christians.

Yes we both did.

However, I did call it first, you backed me up with facts and history.

just sayin. :eusa_angel:

I have met many Egyptians when I was in the ME Ropey and for them Islam is a huge part of their lives whether it be business, political or personal, Mubarak for the most part was a moderate, now that he is gone the Egyptians will get the Islamic government that they have always wanted.

I don't think it is fair to say they have always wanted it. In Nazi Germany Millions of Germans Joined the Nazi Party simply to avoid suspicion, and persecution. In a place like Egypt right now, It can seem very unpopular and scary to be against Islamic Theocracy. The Forces that push for it are likely to not be happy with those publicly Against it.

Egypt has a Highly Secularized, and educated Population as Middle eastern Countries go, However the Radical Islamic Forces there are very strong, and Organized and the Secular Democratic Forces are weak and UN-Organized. I don't doubt if they held election you would end up with an Islamic Theocracy, but I don't think it will be because most of the people want one, It will be because most of the people were afraid to oppose it.

Alot of those secular and educated Egyptians will be liquidating their assets and leaving the country once an Islamic theocracy takes place, just like in Iran when the Shah left, most of the Christians will leave too.

Unfortunately you're right. These new friends aren't my friends. They may be our Government's friends,but i want nothing to do with them.

Unfortunately you're right. These new friends aren't my friends. They may be our Government's friends,but i want nothing to do with them.

The new Egyptians will most likely keep taking our money.

The new Egyptians will most likely keep taking our money.

Oh that's a gimme.

Forum List

Back