Were there Black Death Deniers?

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
In the current age, we have thousands of COVID19 deniers, people who assert that the whole pandemic is just a huge conspiracy by government to seize more power.

But this isn't the first pandemic to hit the world. In the 40's and 50's of the 14th Century, we were struck by the Black Death, a very similar pathogen.

I haven't seen any proof of Black Death Deniers in Europe or Asia as this pandemic ran through. Did they exist? And if not, why not? Is the 21st Century just that much more skeptical ?

In the current age, we have thousands of COVID19 deniers, people who assert that the whole pandemic is just a huge conspiracy by government to seize more power.

But this isn't the first pandemic to hit the world. In the 40's and 50's of the 14th Century, we were struck by the Black Death, a very similar pathogen.

I haven't seen any proof of Black Death Deniers in Europe or Asia as this pandemic ran through. Did they exist? And if not, why not? Is the 21st Century just that much more skeptical ?
You should look into the notion that there were people back then who twisted and misrepresented what people said about the black death. For that is what you are doing.

I'm just glad they're not blaming this one on the Jews again.

So because we took you to school and you could not refute the evidence that it IS a conspiracy to seize power from the people,you run away from that thread and evade us by making this thread to feel better about yourself. Nice.LMFAO.

In more recent history did people deny that smallpox and polio were dangerous? Who remembers 'Sabin Oral Sunday'(SOS)? It was a nationwide program to get everyone vaccinated. How often do we see polio today?

From The Vault: Dr. Albert Sabin's oral polio vaccine helps eradicate the disease around the world

Flagellents.

Denying it was a disease and a punishment from God.

We have them today.

In Portland.

In Seattle.

Denying this is a disease and a punishment from Trump (who they seem to view as some sort of evil spiritual being capable of anything).

The population of the U.S. is around 358 million. The people who have tested positive for covid is around 350,000 and the people who have actually died from the virus is around the same statistic as a flu epidemic. Comparing Covid to the Black Plague is a ludicrous and dangerous but not terribly surprising propaganda technique by the left these days.

There is a major difference in that the Black Death, Small Pox etc are caused by bacteria that is easily treatable with modern anti biotics. Covid 19, Ebola, HIV and the common flu are caused by virus's that are not. There is still no cure for Ebola, HIV or the common flu, so a vaccine to cure Covid is a big ask!

The mortality rates are two extremes
It’s comparing a H bomb to a .22

BP killed tens of millions . The streets were filled with dead bodies everywhere . There was no survival
China virus has very high 99 percent recovery

BP killed tens of millions . The streets were filled with dead bodies everywhere . There was no survival

Then, why are Americans so frightened silly about the Kung Flu? I've heard of dozens of football and baseball players coming down, and exactly zero have died.

Then, why are Americans so frightened silly about the Kung Flu? I've heard of dozens of football and baseball players coming down, and exactly zero have died.
Which is great for you if under 65 with no underlying health problems, but what about mum and dad?

There is a major difference in that the Black Death, Small Pox etc are caused by bacteria that is easily treatable with modern anti biotics. Covid 19, Ebola, HIV and the common flu are caused by virus's that are not. There is still no cure for Ebola, HIV or the common flu, so a vaccine to cure Covid is a big ask!
RNA viruses are very hard to control due to their instability

There was no comprehension at that time of the cause of the disease.

Most blamed sinning and a punishment from God. Others said it was evil magic and witchcraft. Others thought it was bad air.

Kinda hard to deny something when you do not even know what caused it.

... and Trump is blaming it on the Chinese government.

What the Chinese Government is being blamed for is keeping the outbreak a secret for as long as they have.

The earliest outbreak now seems to have been at least in August, and was what is now being identified as "Strain A". The outbreak in Wuhan was admitted by the Chinese Government in December, but now appears to have actually started in September and is of Strain B.

This is what spread around the world in February, in what is now known as "Strain C".

Nobody is blaming China for the disease. But a great many are critical of their response, and keeping it a secret for as long as they have. If they had told the world in even November they had a virus that was out of control, the world could have reacted much differently.

Nobody is blaming China for the disease. But a great many are critical of their response, and keeping it a secret for as long as they have. If they had told the world in even November they had a virus that was out of control, the world could have reacted much differently.
I am glad you yourself are not blaming China for intentionally releasing or spreading Covid-19, but of course some people are doing exactly that. By the way, I have also read reports that the virus may have been circulating for months before the Wuhan outbreak, but have never seen any reports or evidence showing the Chinese government knew of its existence before December. If you have any links or evidence of this, I would be grateful if you share them. I recall reading that the virus may have actually spread earlier even in Europe or the U.S. without being noticed, but unfortunately I didn’t save the links, or try to track down the source when I read those “reports.”

Last edited:

Forum List

Back