Were the 1950’s - 1970’s the Best Decades?

Fuck no!

The 80's all the way baby!
I’d take Huey Lewis and the news and that era over today

1707406596081.png

(1) I am 86.

(2) So I could be gone today.

(3) My happiest days were as a teenager in the 1950s.

(4) I remember running home from junior high school (no "middle schools" then) one afternoon because they had delivered our first television set while I was at school.

(5) When I attended college (1955 - 1959), no one even talked about crime in Los Angeles. (Crime was limited to a certain section of the city. It did not affect the other areas.)

(6) We really did "love " Lucy, and almost everybody (because there were few choices) watched Uncle Miltie (Melton Berle, the comedian) on small TV screens.

(7) It was the last peaceful decade.

(8) Yes, there were signs of dissent in the South, but the country was still basically as it was before World War II (print newspapers flourished, and people still traveled mostly on passenger choo choo trains. The three ethnicities of color passively accepted the discrimination then prevailing. As they did before World War II.)

(9) Most people laughed at the idea that people would ever have what we now call cellphones.

Yes, there was a school shooting back then...In Texass.
I’ve looked at the data. There was one or two per year in some years there was none

Thanks to our parents and grandparents for making such a great society. At least we have a beautiful history to look on …..while we live in a dump of a country today where the middle-class can’t afford a home in 99 percent of the country

I’ve looked at the data. There was one or two per year in some years there was none

Thanks to our parents and grandparents for making such a great society. At least we have a beautiful history to look on …..while we live in a dump of a country today where the middle-class can’t afford a home in 99 percent of the country
The first big school shooting was the 66 University of Texas bell tower shooting. As news quickly went out all the locals showed up with rifles and kept the shooter pinned down until a cop reached the top and dispatched the shooter.

You don’t see that today.

I was born in 1990 and I'm jealous of the folks that enjoyed the 50's and 70's. I love the music from that era.

Just this week I was posting Hendrix from the late 60s? Those drums were tuned to perfection. Manic Depression or Foxey Lady or Purple Haze..........still great today.

Can we get the same tax write offs from then? Only an ignorant person thinks anyone ever paid 90% taxes.

Income Tax rates at 90% on the top. The top was small. Revenue collected ended up ~20% of GDP. As it is every year for over 100 years. They can't confiscate more (to waste) or they kill the econmy.

Income Tax rates at 90% on the top. The top was small. Revenue collected ended up ~20% of GDP. As it is every year for over 100 years. They can't confiscate more (to waste) or they kill the econmy.
Sure it was 90%.
With a plethora of write offs.
Kennedy’s and all the other rich folks paid what they do today.

Nutjob got up in the tower and gunned down some folks roaming around down below. Not exactly any school shooting like the recent DEM Trannys' and Mexican shooters they sent out.
The largest mass school killing happened years before the tower incident.

I can afford a home and two vehicles on one income....

Forum List

Back