CDZ Were pursuit and killing of Ahmaud Arbery 'perfectly legal'? It's not that simple.

I've walked around outside my condo with my 9mm. If you ran at me and try and take the gun from me... I will shoot you.

Moving on.
Two questions:
1. When you're walking around your condo with your 9mm is it holstered or in your hand?
2. If someone rushed you, how would you know that they wanted your gun?

Hand. I don't own a holster.

Most people don't reach for a weapon in your hand, if they are trying to swat a bug off your clothing.

Kind of a dumb question. You are asking that as if a person could be holding something in their hand, and somehow not know if another person is trying to take it.
More questions:
1. Do you live in an open carry state and if it's not too personal, which state?
2. So when you're walking around your condo with your weapon in your hand, are you on your own property or in a common area that is accessible and used by other people who live in the community?
here in the USA its legal in all states because of the 2nd amendment,,,
Yes however how you keep & bear arms is regulated at the state level
And you're in Missouri?
I'm everywhere. Right now I'm in Kansas. Tomorrow I'll be in Illinois. Yesterday I was in Texas and Oklahoma. What difference does that make?
Because gun laws are regulated (lesgislated) at the state level.

Are either of you concealed carry holders?
not in this country,,,although democrats and republicans have got away with it because they are more willing to kill people that resist them,,,
at least for now,,,
I don't know what you mean by this. Do you not live in the United States? I'm only familiar with U.S. firearm laws.

As far as people being more willing to kill than resist, it all depends.

Missourian said:
You haven't asked the circumstances.
What difference does that make?
I'm just curious, I just have a theory about the majority of concealed carry holders and their knowledge of the law, George Zimmerman excluded however.

Regarding your first question, you simply said that you walk around outside with a gun in your hand. In my environment that's generally cause for alarm because most of the individuals I know who carry either openly or concealed keep their weapons holstered unless/until they need to defend themselves or someone else. And having the weapon unhostered and in one's hand can be considered brandishing, depending on the state you're in.

Well, if they're angry-looking and running fast preservation kicks in, which is exactly what the dead thug did. He sure as hell didn't jog up to Travis.
Except the McMichaels were the ones chasing him before the confrontation it has been reported.

I just heard earlier on the news today that one of them called 911 to report something at the construction site two weeks prior to the shooting so it sounds as if they may have targeted him (I've always wondered why there was someone following the action & video-taping). Also the loss of his arrest powers may have factored into why McMichaels was so gung ho to attempt a "citizen's" arrest - he screwed even that one up.

Well, if they're angry-looking and running fast preservation kicks in, which is exactly what the dead thug did. He sure as hell didn't jog up to Travis.
Except the McMichaels were the ones chasing him before the confrontation it has been reported.

I just heard earlier on the news today that one of them called 911 to report something at the construction site two weeks prior to the shooting so it sounds as if they may have targeted him (I've always wondered why there was someone following the action & video-taping). Also the loss of his arrest powers may have factored into why McMichaels was so gung ho to attempt a "citizen's" arrest - he screwed even that one up.
Yup, it wasn't the thug's first time "inspecting" the building site while "jogging":

Missourian said:
You haven't asked the circumstances.
What difference does that make?
I'm just curious, I just have a theory about the majority of concealed carry holders and their knowledge of the law, George Zimmerman excluded however.

Regarding your first question, you simply said that you walk around outside with a gun in your hand. In my environment that's generally cause for alarm because most of the individuals I know who carry either openly or concealed keep their weapons holstered unless/until they need to defend themselves or someone else. And having the weapon unhostered and in one's hand can be considered brandishing, depending on the state you're in.
If I hear something unusual outside in the night and I go out to investigate...I have my gun in my hand. I walk around and check things with a gun in my hand.

I can't call the Sheriff every time I hear a strange noise...but there are nights I may have a half a million dollars in portable equipment or materials parked out front.

What would you do?

Dr Grump

I know gun laws. Castle Laws, stand your ground laws, which states have a duty to retreat, which states I travel to require my firearm be locked away (Minnesota) and which ones you would expect to have those laws but don't (Illinois).

Last edited:
I've walked around outside my condo with my 9mm. If you ran at me and try and take the gun from me... I will shoot you.

Moving on.
Two questions:
1. When you're walking around your condo with your 9mm is it holstered or in your hand?

Most people don't reach for a weapon in your hand, if they are trying to swat a bug off your clothing.

Kind of a dumb question. You are asking that as if a person could be holding something in their hand, and somehow not know if another person is trying to take it.
More questions:
1. Do you live in an open carry state and if it's not too personal, which state?
2. So when you're walking around your condo with your weapon in your hand, are you on your own property or in a common area that is accessible and used by other people who live in the community?
here in the USA its legal in all states because of the 2nd amendment,,,
Yes however how you keep & bear arms is regulated at the state level
And you're in Missouri?
I'm everywhere. Right now I'm in Kansas. Tomorrow I'll be in Illinois. Yesterday I was in Texas and Oklahoma. What difference does that make?

not in this country,,,although democrats and republicans have got away with it because they are more willing to kill people that resist them,,,
at least for now,,,
I don't know what you mean by this. Do you not live in the United States? I'm only familiar with U.S. firearm laws.

As far as people being more willing to kill than resist, it all depends.
are you familiar with what we call the 2nd amendment???

Moving on.
Two questions:

More questions:

Sure. Some of my neighbors walk around in the condo area with their guns too.

Honestly, how would you get the gun to your car, to take it to get repaired, or to a shooting range, if you are not allowed to conceal and carry, and you are not allowed to open carry?

Common area. I live in a Condo.

In fact, we have a police officer that lives 2 doors down from me, and parks the cruiser in the drive for everyone to see. I love it.

I'm at a loss here, Mariyam. Why would anyone of a sane mind have to ask whether what was an obvious lynching was "perfectly legal"?

I'm at a loss here, Mariyam. Why would anyone of a sane mind have to ask whether what was an obvious lynching was "perfectly legal"?
how was it an obvious lynching???

if that were true they would have shot him on site and not asked to talk with him,,,

Moving on.

what if i am black

and jogging

and you and a buddy of yours approach me, threateningly, with shot guns....

and you decide, without any evidence, without any trial, that i am a criminal ....

I then become "afraid for my life" and decide to "stand my ground".....

do you still have a right to commit murder?

you cons keep saying "fkn liberals are all rushing to judgment"

yet you ignore these 2 murderers for the same fkn crime.

making YOU and typical conservatives murderous human scum

Forum List

Back