Were Most Of America's Founding Fathers - Christians

Status
Not open for further replies.
thou shall not steal, murder, certainly that is shitty law

Yes, there are a few commandments that are commonly laws in every culture. In fact, there are 2 commandments that make good laws. 1 more that does in certain situations.

Thou shalt not Steal. Thou Shalt not Murder. Are good laws.

Thou shalt not bear false witness. Lying in court or under oath should be illegal. Lying to your buddies about the fish you caught shouldn't.

The rest aren't laws.

thou shall not steal, murder, certainly that is shitty law

Those are called “no brainers” every society knows that

You going to have laws about have no God before me?
How about a law about graven images or praying on Sunday?
How about a law against coveting?

The Ten Commandments make for shitty lass
No court should respect them over secular laws

Secular laws are superior to Biblical Laws

Trump You have not established that there is such a group called Trump's Christians.

NFBW: The Trump Christians are those that were promised Federal Government worldly power if they supported him to become the Republican nominee starting in IOWA.

There was a “power” meeting before the GOP primary in IOWA between Trump and all the nation’s top right-wing Christian leaders. These Christian’s are Trump’s Christian’s:

MERRY CHRISTMAS elektra

But Trump unequivocally embraced the evangelical Christian community throughout the start of his Saturday speech in Sioux Center, Iowa.​
"I'm a true believer. And you're many true believers — I hope all — is everybody a true believer in this room? I think so. But Christianity is under tremendous siege," Trump told supporters at Dordt College, a Christian liberal-arts school.​
The real-estate mogul lamented that Christians do not wield as much political influence in the US as they could.​
"The power of our group of people together, I mean, if you add it up ... it could be 240, 250 million. And yet we don't exert the power that we should have. Now, I think some of the churches are afraid of their tax status, to be honest," he said.​
"But you know the fact is that there is nothing the politicians can do to you if you band together. You have too much power. But the Christians don't use their power," Trump said. "We have to strengthen. Because we are getting — if you look, it's death by a million cuts — we are getting less and less and less powerful in terms of a religion, and in terms of a force," he continued.​
Trump then complained that big department stores do not say "merry Christmas" during the holidays.​
"When they don't want to say 'merry Christmas' in department stores anymore. I won't shop at places that don't say 'merry Christmas.' Guess what? I don't too much shopping," he said to applause. "No, no, it's true. When I see these stores, and they have a red wall and they have nothing on it. They don't want to say 'merry Christmas' anymore. I say, 'Why don't you say merry Christmas?'"​
Trump vowed to change the department-store situation when it comes to wishing people "merry Christmas."​
"I'll tell you one thing: I get elected president, we're going to be saying 'merry Christmas' again. Just remember that," he said. "And by the way, Christianity will have power, without having to form."​
He added: "Because if I'm there, you're going to have plenty of power. You don't need anybody else. You're going to have somebody representing you very, very well. Remember that."​
NFBW: Do you really think there is no group that Can be referred to as Trump Christians?

END2210020001

Start a thread, based on whatever premise you think you are addressing.
Who said I am addressing a premise.

I’m curious as to why you posted that paragraph back in 2014 but you spend your time avoiding an answer on the subject of this thread. IF you think Jefferson was a Christian. if you don’t want to answer I understand. good day!

I came across a couple of Youtube clips not long ago that were truly enlightening (for me at least). Like most products of the Public School (fool?) System I was kept in the dark concerning the USA's Christian roots. If we (young, impressionable students) were told anything we were told that Jefferson and Franklin were deists but not Christians.

I've come to find out that the two least Christian founders were still sympathetic to and allied with the many devout Christians who helped create the great nation of the United States of America and signed her important, founding documents.

Anyway, please watch these very short videos and let everyone know what you think.

[ame=[MEDIA=youtube]YwvkcXBNm3Q[/MEDIA] Huckabee David Barton Founders of the Constitution 080109.flv - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=[MEDIA=youtube]jzGdHZDXxKI[/MEDIA]. Capitol Tour with David Barton.flv - YouTube[/ame]

Generally most people were "Christian" at that time. It was pumped into people right from their birth. Difficult to go against the grain. As for Founding Fathers, it would have been something they'd almost be expected to believe in, as a society thing. It's like networking.

Generally most people were "Christian" at that time.
Actually not really.

“ Church Membership In America Percentage of population that belongs to a church: 1776 17% 1850 34 1860 37 1870 35 1890 45 1906 51 1916 53 1926 56 1952 59 1980 62 1995 65* *Estimated. Source: "The Churching of America: 1776-1990" by Roger Finke and Rodney Stark and Gallup Organization data“

What studies have you examined?

Actually not really.

“ Church Membership In America Percentage of population that belongs to a church: 1776 17% 1850 34 1860 37 1870 35 1890 45 1906 51 1916 53 1926 56 1952 59 1980 62 1995 65* *Estimated. Source: "The Churching of America: 1776-1990" by Roger Finke and Rodney Stark and Gallup Organization data“

What studies have you examined?

Belonging to a church, and being Christian were two very different things.

You firstly have the people doing the statistics. Where did they get them from? Did they literally go around rural America, into the frontier lands and find out how many people went to church? I doubt it.

What about people who didn't have time to go to church because they were working all the time? Or people who lived too far from a church? Or people who made their own churches that weren't acknowledged?

"In 1776, only about 17 percent of the country were church members, compared to about 65 percent today, said Stark, who has tallied church membership as a percentage of the population over the past 250 years using church records and census figures."

So, he went through church records and census figures.

The census back then was... well... unreliable.

"The Census is controversial; up to one-third of all U.S. residents do not respond to repeated reminders. "

"The Census Bureau estimates that in 1970 over six percent of African Americans went uncounted,"

"In the 1850s, census planners suppressed information about slavery due to pressure from Southern lawmakers."

"The results of the 1920 census were ignored and no reapportionment took place, as rural lawmakers feared losing power to urban areas."

"For the first six censuses (1790–1840), enumerators recorded only the names of the heads of household and a general demographic accounting of the remaining members of the household."

Church stats didn't appear until 1850

"in 1850, the census included inquiries on social issues, such as taxation, churches, pauperism, and crime. "

I can't imagine church records survived in a lot of places, and perhaps weren't very reliable either.

"Beginning in 1850, all members of the household were named on the census."

And again, these numbers weren't asking people if they were Christian. They were records of things that pointed to them being church going people.

Who said I am addressing a premise.

I’m curious as to why you posted that paragraph back in 2014 but you spend your time avoiding an answer on the subject of this thread. IF you think Jefferson was a Christian. if you don’t want to answer I understand. good day!
If you think he is not, go ahead and start a thread on the subject

I already answered

Those are called “no brainers” every society knows that

You going to have laws about have no God before me?
How about a law about graven images or praying on Sunday?
How about a law against coveting?

The Ten Commandments make for shitty lass
No court should respect them over secular laws

Secular laws are superior to Biblical Laws
Are laws are based on biblical laws

Wait

I was taught Franklin was a Quaker. Quakers are christians. I learned both of these facts in public school.

On the other hand, who is the "atheists" founding father?
I was taught that some fouders had strange and radical ideas about god and faith, but I have yet to find the atheists amongst them.

Who is the public school claiming is an atheist? Which public schools systems are teaching this?

What is an atheist? Church pews are full of atheists. A person who really believed in God could not form an insurrection. It is impossible to label the founders of any nation to be Christians. They could have been religiously Christians but I doubt any leader believes in the God of the Bible. Overthrowing authority is Satanic to the core.

It’s entirely possible that some of the founding fathers didn’t believe in God but never publicly stated as much.

In the time and place they lived in doing so would be almost literally committing suicide.

But even if every one of them were devout Christians, they *clearly* did not intend for Christine doctrine to be the law of the land.

Plus, times change. There isn’t a society on earth today that has the same values it had back in the 18th century. The USA is no exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back