CDZ Went to the movie theatre to watch a movie, guess what was on the screen?

Is it okay for Hollyweird to show lots of guns and flamethrowers in their movies?

• Yeah, sure it is artistic representation nowadays because nobody wants to see a musical anymore.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No, this vile liberal propaganda from Hollyweird pushes sick people to do sick things. Stop it now.

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
I don't get to the theaters any more, do my watching on YouTube, and TCM for the most part.

Yesterday I watched Ronald Reagan eating popcorn at a theater, with Shirly Temple on one side of him, and 'Miss Moneypenny' on the other.

(That Hagen Girl)

I suspect that exposure to violent films has a desensitizing effect on people.

But you are looking the wrong way.These films are shown all over the world and Fast and whatever is currently in Wrexham.
But we do not see the levels of slaughter you have in the US. The answer lies elsewhere.
You dont have the black population or illegals crossing your borders in the 10s of thousands either. But you do have your issues, like people being blown up at Concerts or Soldiers being beheaded, or royals being threatened when they drive down the streets.

'Hobbs & Shaw' is No. 1 but trails pace of 'Fast & Furious'
Guns, lots of guns, machine guns, rockets, pistols and flame throwers. Then there are those on the left, that say we have a problem with people with "guns". Do you ever wonder why there are 19 year olds out there shooting up people?
Wow! Shades of Tipper Gore! Back in the mists of time, she tried to get music producers to post lyrics on packaging so parents could monitor what their kids listened to because of the growing trend towards unsavory subjects including gratuitous violence..mostly against women. I think it was Henry Hyde that laughed her into oblivion, accompanied by Trent Lott...before Bush 43 threw him under the bus. Now I hear hand wringing and gnashing of teeth over the progression of graphic violence? It's a WTF moment for me!

Guns, lots of guns, machine guns, rockets, pistols and flame throwers. Then there are those on the left, that say we have a problem with people with "guns". Do you ever wonder why there are 19 year olds out there shooting up people?
Wow! Shades of Tipper Gore! Back in the mists of time, she tried to get music producers to post lyrics on packaging so parents could monitor what their kids listened to because of the growing trend towards unsavory subjects including gratuitous violence..mostly against women. I think it was Henry Hyde that laughed her into oblivion, accompanied by Trent Lott...before Bush 43 threw him under the bus. Now I hear hand wringing and gnashing of teeth over the progression of graphic violence? It's a WTF moment for me!
So you dont think there should be any reduction in the movies or Rap Music to tone down the violent rhetoric? That there is no correlation between the rap music culture of raping and abusing women and movies that show people being gunned down by machine guns and young impressionable 19 year old boys who had a troubled life, going on a shooting spree?

Breaking news for you we the rest of the world grow up watching the same movies but we dont have the mass shootings like the US, you know why? Hard to get guns.
Oh and we played the same violent video games like you did.

Honestly, I'd rather they didn't.

Here's what I'd really like to see. Dramatic representations of the consequences of gun violence... The broken families after someone shoots up a mall.

But no one would go to see that movie.
Joe, If I had the power to determine movie attendance I would assign "Inherit The Wind", "Judgement at Nuremberg" and "Schindler's List" as I did for my kids. There may be more you and others can think of, but these do convey events we need to know. I don't think of them as entertainment, but necessities.

So you dont think there should be any reduction in the movies or Rap Music to tone down the violent rhetoric? That there is no correlation between the rap music culture of raping and abusing women and movies that show people being gunned down by machine guns and young impressionable 19 year old boys who had a troubled life, going on a shooting spree?
I don't think I ever implied that, andaronjim. My post simply reminds folks of past decade Democratic efforts that were either fodder for jokes or fell on deaf ears, sort of like how current efforts to restrict certain guns and clips are scorned.

I'm not saying that 'Hollyweird' is causing these shootings I just think it's funny and hypocritical how some actors are are for gun control while having their own armed security and act in violent films with guns.

As far as why 19 year olds are going on shooting rampages, I would say that the desensitization to violence plays a part, but so does the lack of treatment for people who are mentally ill, ease of acquiring arms designed to kill people, the media making stars out of the shooters, the spread of radical ideology across the political spectrum and the tribalization of our society fostered by identity politics.

Generally these discussions line up with two teams fighting against one another with each side pushing its pet causes while being unwilling to admit some of these factors because it does not serve their agenda.

Partisan politics will never solve this issue.

Well, you admit the ease of getting guns is part of the problem.

Here's the thing... The Japanese consume more violent video-game content than we do. They probably have the same levels of mental illness. And if you want to take a real trip down a rabbit hole... you should watch some Japanese action and horror movies... My favorite was the one where they had a female robot assassin who had swords pop out of her breasts when she wanted to kill a guy.

Yet they don't have these problem. You never hear about a mass shooting in a Japanese school.

because they don't lever average citizens own guns.

I'm not saying that 'Hollyweird' is causing these shootings I just think it's funny and hypocritical how some actors are are for gun control while having their own armed security and act in violent films with guns.

Hey, are you saying that if they star in a war movie, they shouldn't say war is a bad thing?

Of course they have armed bodyguards.. too many crazies out there. Too bad we all can't have bodyguards.

Hey, are you saying that if they star in a war movie, they shouldn't say war is a bad thing?

Of course they have armed bodyguards.. too many crazies out there. Too bad we all can't have bodyguards.

Indeed. That's why we have guns.

No.

But then again, they aren’t shooting people with phasers or lasers either. Probably because they’re not available…..

In the same way that machine guns, rockets, pistols, flame throwers, and “lots of guns” are not available in other developed nations.

Do you ever wonder why there aren’t many (if any) 19 year olds out there in those nations not shooting up people?

As far as why 19 year olds are going on shooting rampages, I would say that the desensitization to violence plays a part, but so does the lack of treatment for people who are mentally ill, ease of acquiring arms designed to kill people, the media making stars out of the shooters, the spread of radical ideology across the political spectrum and the tribalization of our society fostered by identity politics.

Generally these discussions line up with two teams fighting against one another with each side pushing its pet causes while being unwilling to admit some of these factors because it does not serve their agenda.

Partisan politics will never solve this issue.

Well, you admit the ease of getting guns is part of the problem.

Here's the thing... The Japanese consume more violent video-game content than we do. They probably have the same levels of mental illness. And if you want to take a real trip down a rabbit hole... you should watch some Japanese action and horror movies... My favorite was the one where they had a female robot assassin who had swords pop out of her breasts when she wanted to kill a guy.

Yet they don't have these problem. You never hear about a mass shooting in a Japanese school.

because they don't lever average citizens own guns.
The ease of getting guns. Boy if that isnt a goose stepping mind number robot answer. yeah, it is so easy, every weapon I purchased I had to go through a background check, but when you have open borders, it might be real easy to get guns and some drugs. And yes, our FBI sucks a lot of times because they have been alerted to the guy about to shoot up school kids and such, but instead of keeping an eye on the would be shooter, there out there spying on a presidential candidate. oh my...

ap399145317283.jpg

I have a very good bodyguard , doesnt cost much and easy to feed...

maxresdefault.jpg

No.

But then again, they aren’t shooting people with phasers or lasers either. Probably because they’re not available…..

In the same way that machine guns, rockets, pistols, flame throwers, and “lots of guns” are not available in other developed nations.

Do you ever wonder why there aren’t many (if any) 19 year olds out there in those nations not shooting up people?
n the same way that machine guns, rockets, pistols, flame throwers, and “lots of guns” are not available in other developed nations.
XXXXXXXXX Our country requires background checks from the same government you want to give our healthcare to, yet other governments like in the middle east, have many of their citizens use rocket launchers, bombs strapped to their chests and other nice items to kill innocents. Shame many of US citizens have an IQ of 30 and vote Democrat. Sheep will be sheep.

554151309-obama_supporters_herd_of_sheep_barack_obama_motivational_posters_funny_sheep_votes_voters_voting_2012_campaign.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

No.

n the same way that machine guns, rockets, pistols, flame throwers, and “lots of guns” are not available in other developed nations.
you really are a stupid individual. Our country requires background checks from the same government you want to give our healthcare to, yet other governments like in the middle east, have many of their citizens use rocket launchers, bombs strapped to their chests and other nice items to kill innocents. Shame many of US citizens have an IQ of 30 and vote Democrat. Sheep will be sheep.

554151309-obama_supporters_herd_of_sheep_barack_obama_motivational_posters_funny_sheep_votes_voters_voting_2012_campaign.jpg

I was simply pointing out that the stuff you see on the screen is seen on screens worldwide.
I didn’t think this was a secret but you don’t seem to know that fact.
Anyway, in other nations, seeing the guns on the screens hasn’t turned their young men in to killing machines like it has with Trump supporters.

No.

you really are a stupid individual. Our country requires background checks from the same government you want to give our healthcare to, yet other governments like in the middle east, have many of their citizens use rocket launchers, bombs strapped to their chests and other nice items to kill innocents. Shame many of US citizens have an IQ of 30 and vote Democrat. Sheep will be sheep.

I was simply pointing out that the stuff you see on the screen is seen on screens worldwide.
Anyway, in other nations, seeing the guns on the screens hasn’t turned their young men in to killing machines like it has with Trump supporters.
Do you know in the middle east, they think western women are whores? I know, because I talked to plenty of Muslims while in Saudi Arabia and they asked me "do women always show their boobs and booty, like they do in the movies and music TV". I tried to explain to them that there were two types of women in the US, those that wanted respect as a lady, and those that weren't. Hollywood women were those that weren't.

No.

Do you know in the middle east, they think western women are whores? I know, because I talked to plenty of Muslims while in Saudi Arabia and they asked me "do women always show their boobs and booty, like they do in the movies and music TV". I tried to explain to them that there were two types of women in the US, those that wanted respect as a lady, and those that weren't. Hollywood women were those that weren't.

Nice to see you retreat from your own OP about guns to talk about women and the Middle East.

Are you that ill-equipped to support your thesis?

Forum List

Back