Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

and watermelon.

I made a Mexican Pizza like Taco Bell or as close as I could get. I watched a guy on YouTube take the ground beef after it's been cooked and pulse it 8 times in a food processor so that it was just the same size as Taco Bell. It worked. The only thing is that I put it was soggy after I threw it in the oven so that the cheese would melt.

Feeling a little under the weather this evening, so my smokin' hot Puerto Rican girlfriend made me a grilled cheese sandwich and some potato & bacon soup...

Souvlaki and a small bit of mead. I tried Chaucer's Honey Mead. I'm not a fan. It's the second one I have tried and I may not be a mead fan at all.

I am marinating some chicken that I can use to make a gyro like sandwich. I am making tzatziki sauce. I was supposed to make that the other day but one minute I was all with the cucumber:

The next minute I couldn't find it. It was lost in the depths of my refrigerator. Then I'm making pistachio martinis. I guess they would be fauxtinis.

Tonight we went to the Lone Eagle Grill, where I had elk, and my wife and daughter both opted for the scallops.

The chef treated us to a plate of Wagyu beef because we are regulars.

Attachments

• 20220806_192647.jpg
    20220806_192647.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 21
  • 20220806_192641.jpg
    20220806_192641.jpg
    417.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 20220806_192637.jpg
    20220806_192637.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 20
You owe it to yourself to have Wagyu A5 at least once.
A 10 oz. steak is enough for two since it's so rich.
I have an 8 oz. still sitting in the freezer because we haven't had that urge.

Yeah, they are special occasion only. The chef recomends cooking to medium. The fat content is so high that the taste between medium rare, and medium is pronounced.

He was right!

You owe it to yourself to have Wagyu A5 at least once.
A 10 oz. steak is enough for two since it's so rich.
I have an 8 oz. still sitting in the freezer because we haven't had that urge.
I'd like to try it. I just don't want to screw it up trying to cook it.

Tonight we are having Culver's take out. Our youngest granddaughter is spending the night with us and that is what she wanted.

Last night I made a simple glazed carrots and pecans, wasn't too hungry. Tonight will be carnitas, just took the pork loin out of the crock pot then I have to shred it, render down the liquid then add the shredded pork and cook a few extra minutes.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back