Well, the Left finally convinced me. I am buying 2 guns! One for my wife, one for me.

I have never regretted the decision made 20 years ago to buy a 12-gauge and especially not the extra $20 the gunsmith charged to shorten the barrel to 1/8 inch longer than the legal minimum. Very handy as a bear gun when hiking and easy handling in confined quarters. Fortunately I have never had to use it but fire it several times each Springtime and then clean it. Typical loading is 1 rock sale, 1 lead shot (not too easy to buy these days - it's not "eco-friendly) , 1 rifled slug then to capacity with sabot rounds. I love those sabot rounds! Their short-range stopping power can't be beaten.

You need to rethink your loading. 00 buckshot from chamber to end of the tube. Your goal should not be to try to hurt an attacker. You should never shoot to hurt an attacker. You're shooting because your life is in danger. You need to stop the attack. You may not get a second shot and then what?

You never fire your gun if you're not willing to see your target dead. And you shouldn't be willing to see them dead unless it's you or them. And when it's you or them, salt is not your answer.

Some people should own guns for a lot of reasons. But some that have them should use salt, a little pepper, Orangano and boil it and make soup with it.

I thought I proved why pretty well. Every modern revolver has a hammer safety that prevents the hammer from hitting the firing pin if you drop it or even if you pound the hammer with a hammer. It is not possible for a modern revolver to strike the firing pin onto the primer of a cartridge unless the trigger is pulled. If you think otherwise, please explain why it would help safety to keep the chamber under the pin empty.

My friends; with the Left rioting, looting, and trying to get rid of the police, even my wife who has been anti-gun since we have been married, has now agreed that we should purchase firearms. We live in a very nice sub-division, and my wife spoke to our local police chief about this last week. He also suggested that we purchase firearms, as we must protect ourselves if they can not get here on time should something happen in the current conditions. He also gave her a card for some group that if you join, they will give free legal protection, should you have to protect yourself, or your property, and use your firearm in the process. I told my wife, we will buy 3 of them. 2 pistols, and a semi automatic rifle of some sort.

Thank you Leftists, you have just propped up the gun lobby for years to come. I could never have seen my wife agreeing to have firearms in our home, but your idiocy has convinced her, not to mention that most of our neighbors told her they too had firearms.

I am going to have to take a class, as is my wife, to learn the ins and outs of when we can use them. But let me tell you all------------>when it is legal to open fire on these thugs, I WILL!

You opened a thread to announce to many people in this forum that don't even care, that you're buying firearms out of ignorance and fear. Wonderful. I don't care how you want to throw money away, but PLEASE get certified firearms training of some sort and visit the firing range, because it will never be legal to open fire on any American for no reason. You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of 2A if you want to use it to wantonly murder people, and I hope it doesn't get you killed.
Once you morons disband the police who the hell is going to come after me for blowing your head off?

Lol. Good stuff. I'm pretty pro LEO, so I don't understand the nonsense you're spewing. Disbanding police? Does anybody support it? Quote me a stastic. Source your tall tales. Otherwise, go fuck yourself.
Are you retarded or just don’t watch the news? It’s been the go to demand of the left for two days now.

My friends; with the Left rioting, looting, and trying to get rid of the police, even my wife who has been anti-gun since we have been married, has now agreed that we should purchase firearms. We live in a very nice sub-division, and my wife spoke to our local police chief about this last week. He also suggested that we purchase firearms, as we must protect ourselves if they can not get here on time should something happen in the current conditions. He also gave her a card for some group that if you join, they will give free legal protection, should you have to protect yourself, or your property, and use your firearm in the process. I told my wife, we will buy 3 of them. 2 pistols, and a semi automatic rifle of some sort.

Thank you Leftists, you have just propped up the gun lobby for years to come. I could never have seen my wife agreeing to have firearms in our home, but your idiocy has convinced her, not to mention that most of our neighbors told her they too had firearms.

I am going to have to take a class, as is my wife, to learn the ins and outs of when we can use them. But let me tell you all------------>when it is legal to open fire on these thugs, I WILL!

You opened a thread to announce to many people in this forum that don't even care, that you're buying firearms out of ignorance and fear. Wonderful. I don't care how you want to throw money away, but PLEASE get certified firearms training of some sort and visit the firing range, because it will never be legal to open fire on any American for no reason. You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of 2A if you want to use it to wantonly murder people, and I hope it doesn't get you killed.
Once you morons disband the police who the hell is going to come after me for blowing your head off?

Lol. Good stuff. I'm pretty pro LEO, so I don't understand the nonsense you're spewing. Disbanding police? Does anybody support it? Quote me a stastic. Source your tall tales. Otherwise, go fuck yourself.
Here dumbass. Two minute job to make you look like a moron.

Are you retarded or just don’t watch the news? It’s been the go to demand of the left for two days now.

I don't watch TeeVee news that often, no. I think trying to disband police will go exactly nowhere.

You mean a two-minute hack Red State editorial article that sees it as a pipe dream? I actually agree with it.

I don't watch TeeVee news that often, no. I think trying to disband police will go exactly nowhere.
Apparently you don’t follow current events at all. Yet here you are on a message board discussing and making statements about shit you have no clue about. Get your head out of your ass.

You mean a two-minute hack Red State editorial article that sees it as a pipe dream? I actually agree with it.
There’s a video in there you moron.

BTW since the democrats will be running on eliminating the police you’re voting all republican right? Since you’re a big supporter of the police and all.

All my guns are stored hammer back and loaded. You're a criminal loving liar.

Outside of the safe, single-action hammer guns (1911s for me) are condition 1, hammer back, thumb safety on. No racking slides to give bad guys an aiming spot and time to shoot. Striker or hammerless are stored ready to shoot.

In the safe, I don't keep one in the chamber. If I have to get a gun out of the safe it isn't an emergency or, even if it is, the whole operation is slow enough that the seconds to rack a slide doesn't matter.

Then again, I also have revolvers ready in and out of the safe. Nothing to do but point and shoot.
As far as pistols, double action revolver with hammer on empty chamber. 5 shots if it's a decent caliber. You have to make them count. Luckily this gun I have is a shooter! You have to aim low, but I was knocking a golf ball around with it.
Hit it like 7x until it rolled over a berm out of sight.

All John Wayne and shit.
I don't think John Wayne could shoot as good as me. Or some of my kinfolk.
Only certain guns are shooters. This pistol is a shooter. My Marlin Model 60 is a shooter. My cousin's 20-gauge is a shooter. That damn Dan Wesson .44 is NOT. Some guns are, and some guns ain't.
Dude, I used to pop primers on shotgun shells with my Marlin Model 60. It goes where you want it to. Next up is my .06..that's satisfactorily accurate. Lemme think..yeah next is the pistol..ech, pistols.
I wanna get 2 semi-auto 20 gauges for home defense. I think that's the best solution.
One in each hand. :auiqs.jpg:
20 gauge is excellent for home defense, but doubt I do the each hand bit.

Apparently you don’t follow current events at all. Yet here you are on a message board discussing and making statements about shit you have no clue about. Get your head out of your ass.

I actually read the news, ass face, and the way I see it, police forces aren't disbanding. They're rebranding. And we're all not going to like the new product.

There’s a video in there you moron.

BTW since the democrats will be running on eliminating the police you’re voting all republican right? Since you’re a big supporter of the police and all.

Locally, perhaps. Not voting for Orange Virus, tho.

Outside of the safe, single-action hammer guns (1911s for me) are condition 1, hammer back, thumb safety on. No racking slides to give bad guys an aiming spot and time to shoot. Striker or hammerless are stored ready to shoot.

In the safe, I don't keep one in the chamber. If I have to get a gun out of the safe it isn't an emergency or, even if it is, the whole operation is slow enough that the seconds to rack a slide doesn't matter.

Then again, I also have revolvers ready in and out of the safe. Nothing to do but point and shoot.
As far as pistols, double action revolver with hammer on empty chamber. 5 shots if it's a decent caliber. You have to make them count. Luckily this gun I have is a shooter! You have to aim low, but I was knocking a golf ball around with it.

All John Wayne and shit.
Only certain guns are shooters. This pistol is a shooter. My Marlin Model 60 is a shooter. My cousin's 20-gauge is a shooter. That damn Dan Wesson .44 is NOT. Some guns are, and some guns ain't.
Dude, I used to pop primers on shotgun shells with my Marlin Model 60. It goes where you want it to. Next up is my .06..that's satisfactorily accurate. Lemme think..yeah next is the pistol..ech, pistols.
I wanna get 2 semi-auto 20 gauges for home defense. I think that's the best solution.
If you're buying a shot gun, get a Remington 12 gauge model 870 pump assault shot gun, folding stock, short barrel, chambered for 3" mags, buy double ott buck shot. Take out 4 or 5 people if they're all standing together with one shot, depending on how far away they're standing.

All John Wayne and shit.
If you're buying a shot gun, get a Remington 12 gauge model 870 pump assault shot gun, folding stock, short barrel, chambered for 3" mags, buy double ott buck shot. Take out 4 or 5 people if they're all standing together with one shot, depending on how far away they're standing.

Great advice, Adolph.

All John Wayne and shit.
Darn nice gun, no doubt. Taking out 4 or 5 people may have something to do with range and how you cut down the barrel, but I wouldn't want to be one of the 4 or 5 people testing that theory.

All John Wayne and shit.
shooting people for just standing there ain't a good idea.

Hit it like 7x until it rolled over a berm out of sight. That's just a pistol, I'd do much better with my .22s and Mauser that I've had forever.
There is no longer a reason to load a six shooter with 5 on an empty chamber.

For home defence may I suggest a 12 gauge pump shotgun with a shorter barrel. Especially if you're new to firearms.

I have the marine version in stainless steel so up keep is less of a chore.

I forgot to mention that this gun is made in Turkey, however many of the very finest shotguns are made in either Turkey or Italy.

I happen to have a Turkish made pump that was given to me, and it's an unusable pos. It fails to feed every other round.

1591522863692.png

ASI 12 ga.

I have never regretted the decision made 20 years ago to buy a 12-gauge and especially not the extra $20 the gunsmith charged to shorten the barrel to 1/8 inch longer than the legal minimum. Very handy as a bear gun when hiking and easy handling in confined quarters. Fortunately I have never had to use it but fire it several times each Springtime and then clean it. Typical loading is 1 rock sale, 1 lead shot (not too easy to buy these days - it's not "eco-friendly) , 1 rifled slug then to capacity with sabot rounds. I love those sabot rounds! Their short-range stopping power can't be beaten.
When did you get a bear? I have never seen a bear with a shotgun. How did you teach him to shoot?

Forum List

Back