Welfare….The Scam...

Dumb comment, by an obviously frightfully dumb person.

There is real poverty in America, people waiting for Section 8, waiting for welfare, waiting for Social Security Disability, many of them end up in homeless shelters, halfway houses, or even on the streets, with very meager possessions, struggling for food, and even shelter. (Sadly)

The fact is not everyone can work, or work enough hours.

The fact is people are swamped with student debt.

The fact is housing is fairly expensive, in many places. Even at entry level rates.

The fact is people who work minimum wage, won't have as much opportunity, and tend to get stuck.

Sometimes there are morons for whom the indoctrination is indelible.....no matter the facts.
Raise you paw.

b2575_chart2600px.jpg

Air Conditioning, Cable TV, and an Xbox: What is Poverty in the United States Today?

Here’s the real definition, not one that is based on some folks having a slightly smaller house than you, or only a 50inch TV….

No Home, No Heat, No Food…..real poverty. If there is such a category in America, it is no more than a rounding error.

First off the American poor is counted with those who do get social benefits to help prop them up.

Second off I've met people who live in Homeless shelters because they are waiting for Section 8, and currently can't afford housing, also people who are awaiting Welfare, and Social Security Disability.

There are people with literally 0 incomes in the USA.

Some people with physical, and mental disabilities wait years for Social Security Disability, Welfare, Section 8, etc.

You simply are an ignorant buffoon.

Did you find anything in my posts that you can dispute?

No?

So, yours is simply one more 'Is not, issssssssss noooootttttt!!' post from a Liberal simpleton.

Now....isn't that what I said from the start?

I have 2 friends who recently got laid off of their jobs, and could no longer afford rent.

They both ended up in homeless shelters.

A homeless shelter called Hillcrest in Poughkeepsie, and sometimes was "FULL" and therefor they'd sometimes sleep on the streets.

I also know a couple who worked minimum wage, and had to live at Hillcrest homeless shelter in Poughkeepsie.

You have no clue, whatsoever, what goes on in the real world.

Under Trump, there are now more jobs than there are unemployed individuals.

Great, so now we basically will have more Illegal Immigrants filling up into Capitalist jobs.

The greatest bar to becoming wealthy is taxation.

Without the excessive Democrat taxation, one parent could remain home and raise the children.

I'd agree that Property tax rates that are high, add on tabs to lower, and middle class people.

Its NOT just Democrat taxation.

I live in a town which has voted almost always for Republican since Abraham Lincoln, and surprise, surprise taxes range about 10,000 a year on average.

NYC which isn't too far away from here, and is mostly Democrat voting, and Democrat run, actually has taxes a fraction of what we do.

Great!

I think you should stay there.

Property taxes have risen since we have increased Illegal Immigrants & their children into our schools.

I don't have a problem with paying for decent schools, but this is rather excessive.

None the less, absolutely, I'd live in Pawling, NY rather than most places.

We simply have a lot of friendly people, good parks, good schools, and its a cute town with a real village society.

Excellent.

I said you should stay there.

It really frightened me when you said you were close to NYC.

Without the excessive Democrat taxation, one parent could remain home and raise the children.

I'd agree that Property tax rates that are high, add on tabs to lower, and middle class people.

I live in a town which has voted almost always for Republican since Abraham Lincoln, and surprise, surprise taxes range about 10,000 a year on average.

NYC which isn't too far away from here, and is mostly Democrat voting, and Democrat run, actually has taxes a fraction of what we do.

Great!

Property taxes have risen since we have increased Illegal Immigrants & their children into our schools.

I don't have a problem with paying for decent schools, but this is rather excessive.

We simply have a lot of friendly people, good parks, good schools, and its a cute town with a real village society.

Excellent.

Frightened you how, exactly?

Sometimes there are morons for whom the indoctrination is indelible.....no matter the facts.
Raise you paw.

b2575_chart2600px.jpg

Air Conditioning, Cable TV, and an Xbox: What is Poverty in the United States Today?

Here’s the real definition, not one that is based on some folks having a slightly smaller house than you, or only a 50inch TV….

No Home, No Heat, No Food…..real poverty. If there is such a category in America, it is no more than a rounding error.

First off the American poor is counted with those who do get social benefits to help prop them up.

Second off I've met people who live in Homeless shelters because they are waiting for Section 8, and currently can't afford housing, also people who are awaiting Welfare, and Social Security Disability.

Some people with physical, and mental disabilities wait years for Social Security Disability, Welfare, Section 8, etc.

No?

So, yours is simply one more 'Is not, issssssssss noooootttttt!!' post from a Liberal simpleton.

I have 2 friends who recently got laid off of their jobs, and could no longer afford rent.

A homeless shelter called Hillcrest in Poughkeepsie, and sometimes was "FULL" and therefor they'd sometimes sleep on the streets.

I also know a couple who worked minimum wage, and had to live at Hillcrest homeless shelter in Poughkeepsie.

Great, so now we basically will have more Illegal Immigrants filling up into Capitalist jobs.

Bizarre sentence you have there.

You should look up the meaning of 'syncretic.'

Great!

Excellent.

Frightened you how, exactly?

I live in NYC.

No?

LOL, I'm doubtful you even live in NYC.

What person from NYC doesn't know that Illegal Immigrants are lured into Capitalist jobs because they work cheaper, and longer hours with far less rights, and benefits.
ESPECIALLY, due to labor shortages, the Capitalists can't hire enough US American citizens, so they turn to immigrants, often times Illegals.

No?

What person from NYC doesn't know that Illegal Immigrants are lured into Capitalist jobs because they work cheaper, and longer hours with far less rights, and benefits.
ESPECIALLY, due to labor shortages, the Capitalists can't hire enough US American citizens, so they turn to immigrants, often times Illegals.

You're boring me.

Wait...your two friends are calling you.....

….and how to beat it.

One way of saying it is…..
“For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, but lose his soul?" -Mark 8:36”

And, a different way:
“Earned success is the secret to meaningful happiness. The government can improve your net worth with a check, but it cannot improve your self-worth.”
Jonah Goldberg

1.I can’t say that Trump has a better understanding of the value of earning than the Democrats/Liberals, but there is the sense that for the Left, it is no more than a vote-buying scheme.

a. Over half a century and $22 trillion poured into the scheme, the poverty rate is but a few points lower.

b. The main result is the incentivizing of a disrespect for oneself, and for the entity that provides the welfare. As more folks in a poor neighborhood languish with little or no work, entire local culture begins to change: daily work is no longer the expected social norm. Extended periods of hanging around the neighborhood, neither working nor going to school becoming more and more socially acceptable.

Since productive activity not making any economic sense because of the work disincentives of the welfare plantation, other kinds of activities proliferate: drug and alcohol abuse, crime, recreational sex, illegitimacy, and family breakup are the new social norms, as does the culture of violence.
Peter Ferrara, “America’s Ticking Bankruptcy Bomb,” chapter five.

2. Today, under Trump, there are more job openings today than there are unemployed workers.
“The Trump administration on Wednesday released a final rule strengthening work requirements in the food stamp program.”

Let the hand-wringing begin!

3. “…first, let’s look at what the Trump administration food stamp reform would do and who it would affect. … the reform does not affect parents with minor children, the elderly, or disabled. It is limited to able-bodied adults without dependents. There are currently 3 million such people receiving food stamp benefits. The overwhelming majority have zero employment and earnings. Under the rule, some recipient able-bodied adults without dependents who have received aid for more than three months would be required to take a job; if a job is not immediately available, recipients would be required to undertake training, perform community service work, or at least look for a job.
The Truth About the New Food Stamp Work Requirements’ Effects

That's right: work for what your receive.

The 'tough love' method.

One way of saying it is…..
“For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, but lose his soul?" -Mark 8:36”

And, a different way:
“Earned success is the secret to meaningful happiness. The government can improve your net worth with a check, but it cannot improve your self-worth.”
Jonah Goldberg

Sorry, just had to repeat that.

Work requirements were at the heart of successful welfare reform in the 1990s.

12. Republicans forced Bill ‘the rapist’ Clinton to sign a welfare reform bill in 1996…and it worked perfectly.

“The Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996 (P.L. 104-193) replaced the failed social program known as Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) with a new program called Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF). The reform legislation had three goals: (1) to reduce welfare dependence and increase employment; (2) to reduce child poverty; and (3) to reduce illegitimacy and strengthen marriage.

Overall poverty, child poverty, and black child poverty have all dropped substantially

· Some 2.9 million fewer children live in poverty today than in 1995

· Decreases in poverty have been greatest among black children

Hunger among children has been cut roughly in half

welfare caseloads have been cut nearly in half

The explosive growth of out-of-wedlock childbearing has come to a virtual halt” The Continuing Good News About Welfare Reform

One might suppose that, with those benefits to society, the Democrats would continue the plan.

That's not what happened.

What happened to that "successful welfare reform in the 1990s"?

The Democrat party killed it to prevent their 'slaves' from escaping the plantation.

You're boring me.

Wait...your two friends are calling you.....

A lot of Illegal Immigrants work hard, they work in construction, landscaping, masonry, as cooks, as maids, etc. etc.

You'd have to NOT live in NYC if you don't see them working. LMFAO.

PS.
A lot of Illegal Immigrants live 3, 4, 5, or 6 people to a room, because they can't really get welfare.

That's what you want for Americans, huh?

PS.
Illegal Immigrants are lured in largely by Capitalists to boost their profits, and we foot the tab.

Crapitalism fails once again.

Work requirements were at the heart of successful welfare reform in the 1990s.

12. Republicans forced Bill ‘the rapist’ Clinton to sign a welfare reform bill in 1996…and it worked perfectly.

“The Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996 (P.L. 104-193) replaced the failed social program known as Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) with a new program called Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF). The reform legislation had three goals: (1) to reduce welfare dependence and increase employment; (2) to reduce child poverty; and (3) to reduce illegitimacy and strengthen marriage.

Overall poverty, child poverty, and black child poverty have all dropped substantially

· Some 2.9 million fewer children live in poverty today than in 1995

· Decreases in poverty have been greatest among black children

Hunger among children has been cut roughly in half

welfare caseloads have been cut nearly in half

The explosive growth of out-of-wedlock childbearing has come to a virtual halt” The Continuing Good News About Welfare Reform

One might suppose that, with those benefits to society, the Democrats would continue the plan.

That's not what happened.

The Democrat party killed it to prevent their 'slaves' from escaping the plantation.

A.) I already mentioned that those who can work should work.

B.) Not everyone can work, due to physical, and mental disabilities.

13. And Obama killed it.

"Obama kills welfare reform
By Dick Morris - 07/17/12 10:07 PM EDT

Determined to destroy Bill Clinton’s signature achievement, President Obama’s administration has opened a loophole in the 1996 welfare reform legislation big enough to make the law ineffective. Its work requirement — the central feature of the legislation — has been diluted beyond recognition by the bureaucrats at the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).

On Thursday of last week, HHS issued regulations that modified — gutted — the work requirement.

Section 415(a)(2)(B) of the welfare reform act, now codified at 42 U.S.C. § 615(a)(2)(B), expressly states that ‘a waiver granted under section 1315 of this title [the one that HHS now claims it is acting under] or otherwise which relates to the provision of assistance under a State program funded under this part (as in effect on Sept. 30, 1996) shall not affect the applicability of section 607 of this title [which applies the work requirements] to the State.’ In short, whatever else might be said of the scope of the waiver authority, the Secretary has no lawful authority to waive the work requirements of section 607, which is what HHS is contemplating in its Memorandum.”
Obama kills welfare reform TheHill
Obama kills welfare reform

This is what Obama killed:

"...welfare rolls plunged by over 60 percent, as many as two million mothers entered the labor force, earnings for females heading families increased while their income from welfare payments fell, and child poverty declined every year between 1993 and 2000. By the late 1990s, both black child poverty and poverty among children in female-headed families had reached their lowest levels ever. " Interview: Welfare reform, 10 years later | Brookings Institution

The Democrats/Liberals don't want folks working, self-reliant, independent.

They want slaves who need them, and vote for them.

14. And they simply lie…..

Schiff, AOC Lambasted for Misrepresenting Trump Admin’s New Food Stamp Rules

Scoring political points with deliberate lies appears to be the go-to strategy of Democrats

Under Obama, being on food stamps was portrayed as “cool” and even something to aspire to. After all, one could get lobster and a host of other luxury food items via the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). The Obama administration urged everyone who could remotely qualify to enroll. In fact, Obama vastly expanded food stamps eligibility and the number of food stamp recipients.

The actual facts, however, don’t matter to people like Democrat impeachment circus ringleader Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) or to Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY). Both of whom completely misrepresent the new rules.

Adam Schiff

✔@RepAdamSchiff

Trump is seeking to kick millions of families and children off food assistance.

Meanwhile, he's preparing to send another $14 billion to big agribusinesses to offset the damage from his trade war.

His values are clear: Welfare for corporations. Hunger for American families. https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1202321346572763138 …

The New York Times

✔@nytimes

The Trump administration finalized a rule tightening work requirements for food stamps. It would kick nearly 700,000 people off the program. https://nyti.ms/2rdkFYY

Schiff, AOC Lambasted for Misrepresenting Trump Admin's New Food Stamp Rules

Forum List

Back