Welcome to tyranny.

I can see a reasonable "stay home" period, especially in cities where subway rides can mean an explosion in cases.
However, as long as masks are worn, and hand sanitizer used, that should safely allow people to work.
Governors need to know that most people live week to week and no work means no money.

The cure to be worse than the disease.
th

Come gather 'round people, wherever you roam
And admit that the gub’mit around you have grown
And accept it that soon or be picked to the bone
If your country to you is worth saving
Then you better start thinkin' or you’ll just be their clone
For the times they are a-changin'

Come writers and critics, who prophesize with your pen
And keep your eyes wide, its’ all the same sh*t again
And don’t speak too soon
For the media’s skewed spin
And there’s no tellin' who that it’s blamin'
For the loser is us if you let them win
For the times they are a changin’

You Senators Congressmen don’t heed our call
You give the crumbs while your lobbyists take all
While the middle class battle is ragin'
Will soon shake your windows and rattle your walls

Come mothers and fathers throughout the land
Don’t stand on old times as if
Your sons and your daughters are beyond your command
Your old road is rapidly aging
Please get outta' the new one if you can’t lend your hand

The line it is drawn, the curse it is cast
The slow one now will later be fast
As the present now will later be past
The order is rapidly fading

And the first one now will later be last

~S~ w/apologies to Mr Dylan

If you're afraid of getting sick, stay home. But you can't tell me what to do.
You're wrong. Just as society has the right to impose restrictions on behavior that imperils the public's health..............like smoking in public places or driving 100 mph................we have the right to impose rules for behavior during a pandemic.

People like you need to be fined and or thrown in jail. You're a menace to society.

I can see a reasonable "stay home" period, especially in cities where subway rides can mean an explosion in cases.
However, as long as masks are worn, and hand sanitizer used, that should safely allow people to work.
Governors need to know that most people live week to week and no work means no money.
What hand sanitizer?

What hand sanitizer?
If no Purell is available, then frequent soap and water hand washes.

You are ignoring the fact that millions and millions are collecting unemployment, that small businesses have been given money they won't have to pay back as long as they use the money to continue to pay their workers, that stimulus checks have already been delivered all over the country and that major banks have agreed not to foreclose on unpaid mortgages. The people are hurting, sure. Unemployment is not as much as a paycheck and the small businesses paying their staff have cut the hours they are covering.

Yes, for the economy's sake, we need to get things going. But it is not because everyone is penniless and starving.

Life is a risk. Freedom means you get to choose.

Want a bet, if its ok for the republicans its ok for democrats.

You're wrong. Just as society has the right to impose restrictions on behavior that imperils the public's health..............like smoking in public places or driving 100 mph................we have the right to impose rules for behavior during a pandemic.

People like you need to be fined and or thrown in jail. You're a menace to society.
And you are exactly what the framers of the Constitution warned us about.

Life is a risk. Freedom means you get to choose.

Well, at the end of the day, if you want to be reckless, no one is stopping you. Just have a little courtesy and don't be around anyone else when you exercise your right to be reckless.
Oh, yeah and by the way, they can tell you what to do. It's a national emergency.

Driving a car on State-Owned roads is not a right. Terrible analogy.

You do NOT have the right to "impose rules for behavior" that directly infringe on individual liberty just because you're scared, jackass.

My liberty does NOT end where your fear begins.

What hand sanitizer?

Or Lysol wipes.

And you are exactly what the framers of the Constitution warned us about.
You shouldn't speak on subjects you know nothing about.

Obviously you either never read or don't understand the Bill Of Rights. No where in there does it say that .gov can shut down your business, close the churches, and force you to stay home.

The Bill of Rights is not the legal code which determines this matter. Is it?

Forum List

Back