Weird....

It be weird if Castro took a Cuban battleship to the cost of Florida and demanded the New York Yankees signed him to a professional contract.

Now that would be weird..

The odd part is that I don't believe anyone would care or would find it weird.

Hell our president would probably make him a czar, and take over the Yankees then sign him to a 50 year contract then give him Joe Dimaggio's uniform and number.

It could happen all it takes is a little bit of boose and a couple cigars.

Last edited:
While obama was apologizing to him and begging, on bended knee, for the chance to 'negotiate' the Cuban-American community would take the initiative and send Castro to hell on their own.

:lol: My brother and his buddy were in London during one riot, so they came down to my place and we went into Bristol for dinner.... funny... another riot there! I blame him.... clearly trouble follows him around.

Were they in front of you or behind? :eusa_whistle:

One ended up flat on his back.... after he thought it would be fun to kick my car. Turned out it wasn't so fun after all.

SO,
3 Americans

2 South Africans

2 Zimbabweans

2 Frenchmen

1 German

1 Canadian

and

1 Englishman

Walk into a bar.

The barkeep looks up and says. Nice group, have a seat, Good thing you didn't bring any lawyers with you, that's another joke.........

I went to a night club with a group like that but the doorman wouldn't let us in without a Thai. :(

SO,
3 Americans

2 South Africans

2 Zimbabweans

2 Frenchmen

1 German

1 Canadian

and

1 Englishman

Walk into a bar.

The barkeep looks up and says. Nice group, have a seat, Good thing you didn't bring any lawyers with you, that's another joke.........

I went to a night club with a group like that but the doorman wouldn't let us in without a Thai. :(

Well at least it wasn't a Black Thai affair.

:lol: My brother and his buddy were in London during one riot, so they came down to my place and we went into Bristol for dinner.... funny... another riot there! I blame him.... clearly trouble follows him around.

One ended up flat on his back.... after he thought it would be fun to kick my car. Turned out it wasn't so fun after all.

Perhaps you should have posted a pic of you replacing the hose with your bloody elbow and all. Now you can post a pic of a car vandal meeting his fate.

:lol:try driving here:eek:

anyway, when I was working towards my Ergonomics certification I had a chance to tour and perform surveys at Intel's MASK design facility......400 of them, and not a a native among them. ;)

Both examples are a sign of the times. Why can't we educate our own people so we don't have to import technical talent?

Why not do both?

I would be fine with both. But the problem is the guest immigrants are willing to take a salary far less than an American can afford to live on. The immigrants usually have home-country sponsors that pay for much of their living expenses, if and until they decide to settle here.

Perhaps you should have posted a pic of you replacing the hose with your bloody elbow and all. Now you can post a pic of a car vandal meeting his fate.

So, you've spotted a general theme with my car.... causes me all kinds of shit. :lol:

High tech jobs are not like working the drive thru window. It's not really a 'minimum wage' situation.

Well if we're going to compare, theoretical stereotypes, let's have at it.

By the same standard,you're probably so diverse you probably live in an urban area or a short drive for one where you partake in trendy 'ethnic' dining, wine, cheese, snippy newspapers filled with ads for adult services equally split gay and straight inbetween band, club and alcohol ads to get to three radical left wing opinon pieces you call news. While going with your carefully selected friends (by skin color, sexuality and lack of religion so they match as a set) to some halfassed local theater making fun of the previous administration or Christianity through some thinly veiled guise of being socially aware humor, you discuss how unenlightened the rest of the world is to your empathetic cultural superiority because you like to drink chai and merlot ont the same night as having some vegetable korma in a 'fair trade' restaurant thats overpriced as well. Then drive home in your ecologically conscieous Toyota Self-Righteous.. I mean Pious... I mean Prius, while cutting off trucks and yapping on your cell about the evils of western culture and how everyone should live in intelligent growth tenements and travel by electric trains powered by the self sanctimony of the cultural elite who forced them in there.

Yeah, ethnically diverse. We call it Uptown or Dinkytown here. A bunch of freaky self righteous dirty idiots reeking of patchouli or BO.

Nah, that's not Wry Catcher. I don't think he's a Republican.
wait... that description is what republicans are like in your world?

Wow, no wonder we have a RINO problem among the elephants.

Yes, I find many "conservative" minded people to be complete phonies. "Oh look! I've got one too (a black friend)! Or "Let's dress down tonight and mingle with the great unwashed, for a change...we should take Henry's wife's car, the Prius, instead of one of your SUV's or my Dodge 2500 hemi, which I don't want to get dirty anyway."

Unlike you, I'm a gentleman, and she is a lady who has more self worth than to denigrate herself like the whores you have to pay. And those little boys don't come cheap, I hear.

Gentleman - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Definition of GENTLEMAN

a : a man of noble or gentle birth
b : a man belonging to the landed gentry

c (1) : a man who combines gentle birth or rank with chivalrous qualities (2) : a man whose conduct conforms to a high standard of propriety or correct behavior

d (1) : a man of independent means who does not engage in any occupation or profession for gain (2) : a man who does not engage in a menial occupation or in manual labor for gain

You fail all but 1b, and maybe not even that.
I'm sorry, for Synthia's sake, I was using a relativist scale so he'd at least show up on it. I do apologize for not specifying.

And I was subtly making the point that a true gentleman wouldn't just presume to know that some anonymous person was a pimp (or a whore), and actually say so.

Right. Well, that's the question, idn't it? Who do we consider to be an 'illegal'? I have a hard time with the notion that someone has committed a crime merely by coming here and working for a living, regardless of whether they asked permission first. In fact, I have hard time with the idea that we should have to ask permission from the government before we do anything, though I know that's how some of you would have it.

SO you don't mind that people who happened to have dropped a Koran are somewhere in the USA, and that they came across the Mexican border?

Not really. There's a lot of wisdom in the Koran.

You see the point is that we don't know who the illegals are. We don't know where they came from, and we can only hope that they are here to find work. How many are fleeing the law in their own country? How many are here to do us physical harm? How many are here breaking more of our laws than just entering illegally?

No one can answer those questions and yes that bothers me. I'm sorry, but when you come to my house you have to ask my permission to enter.

Oh, I couldn't agree more. That's why a blanket policy keeping out people who just want to come here and work is so idiotic. With our demand for cheap labor, and their need for work - they will find a way. And that fattens the pipeline making it that much easier for dangerous people to get in. If we liberalized the immigration laws making it easier for law abiding working people to come here legally, then we could focus more diligently on those who attempted to evade the legal channels - knowing that they are probably up to np good.

Our current policy, where we treat our nation as an exclusive 'gated community' is delusionary, ignoring the reality that opportunity and people eager to work will find a way toi meet up. This creates a vast underground network that makes it very easy for people who are actually dangerous to slip by undetected.

Simply put, if we make it easy for legitmant immigrants to come to our country and make a better life for themselves, it will be easier for us to keep out those who have ill intent.

Something as simple as the migrant worker program established during WWII would certainly work. Specifically, that established an agreement with Mexico which addressed labor shortages in the ag industry because so many American workers had been drafted into service. They were literally bussed across the borders to sew, then harvest the crops as the seasons occurred in various states, given housing and salaries (although that's what finally did in the program), and then bussed back across the border when the job(s) were completed. But it ended in the 60's as field owners and bosses had begun taking advantage of this cheap labor (sound familiar)? Research Cesar Chavez, whose cause was a noble one, but in the end resulted in the demise of an excellent program that could have simply been adjusted.

Last edited:
It be weird if Castro took a Cuban battleship to the cost of Florida and demanded the New York Yankees signed him to a professional contract.

Now that would be weird..

The odd part is that I don't believe anyone would care or would find it weird.

Hell our president would probably make him a czar, and take over the Yankees then sign him to a 50 year contract then give him Joe Dimaggio's uniform and number.

It could happen all it takes is a little bit of boose and a couple cigars.

WTF are you talking about? Drunk were ya?

Did you leave tire tracks on his torso?

So, this evening I went for dinner at a friends house. I took my bro and his buddy - both Americans - so that was three Americans at the dinner.

There was a bunch more people - most of which we had not met before. During dinner, I noticed a weird thing.

Bearing in mind, I live in England.... at the dinner were:

3 Americans

2 South Africans

2 Zimbabweans

2 French

1 German

1 Canadian

1 Englishman

Just struck me as weird... all those people - in the UK - and only one of us was actually born in England. :lol: England definitely has an immigration problem. :lol::lol:

Depends on the crowd. In grad school the typical dinner after a colloquium was far and way mostly foreign nationals, and this was in the heartland of Indiana. Some crowds just end up comprised of more foreign nationals than locals.

Gentleman - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Definition of GENTLEMAN

a : a man of noble or gentle birth
b : a man belonging to the landed gentry

c (1) : a man who combines gentle birth or rank with chivalrous qualities (2) : a man whose conduct conforms to a high standard of propriety or correct behavior

d (1) : a man of independent means who does not engage in any occupation or profession for gain (2) : a man who does not engage in a menial occupation or in manual labor for gain

You fail all but 1b, and maybe not even that.
I'm sorry, for Synthia's sake, I was using a relativist scale so he'd at least show up on it. I do apologize for not specifying.

And I was subtly making the point that a true gentleman wouldn't just presume to know that some anonymous person was a pimp (or a whore), and actually say so.
Oh I got it. Yes indeedy. I'm athinkin you didn't get my point though.

Plymouth-Rock-Comic.jpg

Forum List

Back