"Reality" Shows

Big_D

Jul 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Now, I know that reality shows aren't actually real but I always thought that there was at least some true aspects to them. Normally, I don't spend my time watching this stuff but I was watching Operation Repo and South Beach Tow, two supposed reality shows on tru tv, and quickly got the impression that these shows were staged. Not only that, but it seemed that the producers on these shows actually hired actors perform these skits and pass them off as reality. The premise of these two programs consist of repo men/women taking people's car who are behind on their payments. This leads to altercations to the owners and usually a fight ensues. One thing that the producers will do in an attempt to fool the audience is bleep out name or address of the borrower despite the fact that this information is entirely fiction. After wasting an hour watching this garbage, I went on the web to confirm that these are indeed paid actors. One of the main characters actually has a movie credit to his name. Don't these producers feel bad about purposely attempting to fool the audience despite the fact those are the people who pay their bills? I would feel uncomfortable, if I was an employee working on a show like this.

Reality shows are the bane of mankind's existence.

Do yourself a favor and don't watch ANY of them anymore. You'll thank me later.

Reality shows are the bane of mankind's existence.

Do yourself a favor and don't watch ANY of them anymore. You'll thank me later.

I normally don't watch any reality shows. The only reason I watched those two was because the MLB game that I was viewing went long and I wanted something else to flip back and forth to. I don't think that I have seen any other reality show in the past decade or so. In fact, I still haven't because the two shows that I noted in the opening post weren't reality at all.

none of the so called reality shows are real......

simple as that...people are too boring when left alone....so the producers have to spice it up

none of the so called reality shows are real......

simple as that...people are too boring when left alone....so the producers have to spice it up

And it's a sad state of our society that these shows are viewed by millions of people weekly, and people will do anything to get on them.

Forum List

Back