"Wearing masks won't prevent people from catching COVID-19."

I'm slightly paraphrasing, but that's what he said.

(Very short clip )

So I got sick, really badly sick, for a full two weeks.

At the time, I was unemployed, and I had been using masks the entire time.

And ever since then, I've had an 'I don't care' mentality about the masks.

Because honestly, I was as isolated, and as "safe" and "locked down" as one could possibly get. There was no way for me to be less connected to society... and I still got horribly sick, with the 'social distancing' and with the 'mask wearing' and everything else.

It made zero difference.

So I've been like 'screw that' since then.

Of course you got tested and found it was actually the corona virus, right ?

That was really in March 2020 and it was well known htat the PPE were down due to tramp sentsupplies to China, and so the nurses and doctors were short of masks.

It's called lying. Why should he be believed now?
They did lie about the masks back then. It’s not ok. We also know the reasons why they lied and we have brains so we can judge what current information we believe based on supporting facts, research studies, witness testimony and common sense.

The only excuse that I understand that justifies them saying masks were ineffective would be the fact they didn’t know that carriers could be asymptomatic. That’s a pretty relevant factor.

That was really in March 2020 and it was well known htat the PPE were down due to tramp sentsupplies to China, and so the nurses and doctors were short of masks.

They did lie about the masks back then. It’s not ok. We also know the reasons why they lied and we have brains so we can judge what current information we believe based on supporting facts, research studies, witness testimony and common sense.

The only excuse that I understand that justifies them saying masks were ineffective would be the fact they didn’t know that carriers could be asymptomatic. That’s a pretty relevant factor.
When scientists change their minds in light of new info, they didn't "lie".

I agree, but I do think common sense tells anybody that wearing a mask can help reduce risk of spreadIng a sickness that is spread from people’s mouths. That goes for the cold and flu as well. But they weren’t messaging that. They were acting like it had no effect. That’s not honest in my opinion

I agree, but I do think common sense tells anybody that wearing a mask can help reduce risk of spreadIng a sickness that is spread from people’s mouths. That goes for the cold and flu as well. But they weren’t messaging that. They were acting like it had no effect. That’s not honest in my opinion
But they masks are worn to slow trnasmission. The messaging was that healthy peolle didnt need to wear paper masks, when it was not known that asymptomatic people transmit. As you pointed out.

The "messaging" problem is more the fault of the media recklessness with sound bytes out of context and our embarrassingly bad leadership and people's own laziness and stupidity. Scientists aren't savvy public speakers, trained in messaging.

(Very short clip )

Because honestly, I was as isolated, and as "safe" and "locked down" as one could possibly get. There was no way for me to be less connected to society... and I still got horribly sick, with the 'social distancing' and with the 'mask wearing' and everything else.

It made zero difference.

That's a fair point. None of us did. None of the people I know, who think they had Corona, got tested. None of them.

Which means it is possible that a dozen people I know, all got long lasting illnesses that had between 2 and 3 week times, with strange flu like symptoms... perhaps all of us, from friends and family, to internet friends I have never met in person, perhaps all of us got a strain of the flu, during a Corona pandemic, that just happen to have similar symptoms to Corona.

To be fair, you could be right. Possibly everyone I know that says they had Corona, including myself, maybe we all had mononucleosis, even though I haven't kissed anyone in decades.

Obviously I'm not going to argue with you, because I did not go and get tested for Corona. I had a bad illness, that lasted a bit over 2 weeks, and had symptoms somewhat similar to those listed for Corona.

I figured the best thing I could do, was stay inside, and ride out the illness, so that no one else would catch it. Maybe I should have gone out and gotten tested, and spread the illness around, so that I could prove I had it to an internet poster.

Get real. These are medical expert opinions and their predictions have come true as to what happens when people don't wear masks and don't social distance, so cut the crap and get with the program. Other countries, like Canada,
have gotten the virus under control by following expert advice. Your grifter is ill-equipped to lead us during this dire crisis. Stop acting like a high school kid with no life experience and lacking in basic reasoning skills.

But they masks are worn to slow trnasmission. The messaging was that healthy peolle didnt need to wear paper masks, when it was not known that asymptomatic people transmit. As you pointed out.

The "messaging" problem is more the fault of the media recklessness with sound bytes out of context and our embarrassingly bad leadership and people's own laziness and stupidity. Scientists aren't savvy public speakers, trained in messaging.
Agreed but those at the top of the agencies agreeing to be spokes people should have communication skills. Don’t get me wrong I’m a fan a Fauci... I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he didn’t know about asymptomatic transmission. But he and everybody else should not have dismissed mask wearing like they did. It wasn’t honest and it could have helped. He said he didn’t want to cause A false sense of security and help people over rely on masks. That was poor judgment in retrospect. But he’s also done many great things and is a voice of reason in a sea of chaos so I’ll say again... I’m a fan

(Very short clip )

It made zero difference.

That's a fair point. None of us did. None of the people I know, who think they had Corona, got tested. None of them.

Which means it is possible that a dozen people I know, all got long lasting illnesses that had between 2 and 3 week times, with strange flu like symptoms... perhaps all of us, from friends and family, to internet friends I have never met in person, perhaps all of us got a strain of the flu, during a Corona pandemic, that just happen to have similar symptoms to Corona.

To be fair, you could be right. Possibly everyone I know that says they had Corona, including myself, maybe we all had mononucleosis, even though I haven't kissed anyone in decades.

Obviously I'm not going to argue with you, because I did not go and get tested for Corona. I had a bad illness, that lasted a bit over 2 weeks, and had symptoms somewhat similar to those listed for Corona.

I figured the best thing I could do, was stay inside, and ride out the illness, so that no one else would catch it. Maybe I should have gone out and gotten tested, and spread the illness around, so that I could prove I had it to an internet poster.

You aren’t unusual. There are others we all run into who insist they were sick and got well and feel free to start traveling unprotected......even though they were never tested. Even some tests, usually the fast turn around ones, that have a lower reliability rating. The better ones take time. These are all reasons why we need to continue to stay out and only go out as protected as you can.

People also continue to lie out of of ignorance......While some masks can continue to stop water droplets that can be held back by a regular cloth mask, the virus is so small, it migrated through to die in the open on the other side. That simply means if a droplet lands on your standard cloth mask, the virus can easily migrate through yours and into your lungs on the inside. You’re protecting others with face covering but need others to comply by wearing it. The amount of virus also determines the severity of illness. That’s why you don’t spend much time around people with no face covering. The six foot distance isn’t magic protection either if ventilation is moving in your direction.

Places like Taiwan with 20 million and lots of density, have 447 infections and only 7 deaths. They have better leadership and disapline.....and very early tracing and testing.

(Very short clip )

No, but it greatly reduces the odds. He said that, also.

no study has been done, so that is an opinion not fact.

Get real. These are medical expert opinions and their predictions have come true as to what happens when people don't wear masks and don't social distance, so cut the crap and get with the program. Other countries, like Canada,
have gotten the virus under control by following expert advice. Your grifter is ill-equipped to lead us during this dire crisis. Stop acting like a high school kid with no life experience and lacking in basic reasoning skills.

Fking bullshit , post the study

nursing homes

Live study in Canada and European countries. They are now opening after mask-wearing and social distancing
have proven to work. Wear a mask, dumbo.

(Very short clip )

nursing homes

Live study in Canada and European countries. They are now opening after mask-wearing and social distancing

Good advice !

post it then.

10 random people in a room all wearing masks and 10 random people in a room not wearing a mask. That should be the study.

(Very short clip )

nursing homes

Good advice !

naw.

You aren’t unusual. There are others we all run into who insist they were sick and got well and feel free to start traveling unprotected......even though they were never tested. Even some tests, usually the fast turn around ones, that have a lower reliability rating. The better ones take time. These are all reasons why we need to continue to stay out and only go out as protected as you can.
hoooooorse-shhhhhhitttttttttttttttttttttttt

name one prediction that came true!!! come on Einieee

The bottom line is that viruses are so small that no cloth mask, even those worn by nurses, can actually prevent them from entering through the fabric. If a person were to be up close to you and cough in your face, the mask only prevents liquid from going through, but not the virus. But there's nothing wrong with social distancing.

You have it backwards. Wearing a mask works by not letting the viruses in large droplets exit the mask. That's why surgeons started wearing them.

And if I was going to be hanging around people with large, open wounds, that would be a relevant analogy.

post it then.

10 random people in a room all wearing masks and 10 random people in a room not wearing a mask. That should be the study.
Sure. And the fairy godmother is alive and well. Tell ya what---read the news, and something other than Fox.
You would be surprised at what you might learn.

Forum List

Back