Wearing Masks May Be Dangerous

Leo123

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2017
Neurosurgeon Says Face Masks Pose Serious Risk to Healthy People

"Dr. Russell Blaylock, a neurosurgeon, has written an editorial addressing healthy people wearing masks to protect themselves from COVID-19 and his advice is: don’t."

According to Dr. Blaylock, studies do not support a conclusive relationship in a mask protecting one from a virus. Apparently a healthy person wearing a mask can suffer significant respiration problems such as headaches, airway resistance, CO2 accumulation up to hypoxia. Morevoer, IF you are sick, a mask can impair your normal blood oxygen making you more susceptible.

"Dr. Russell Blaylock, a neurosurgeon, has written an editorial addressing healthy people wearing masks to protect themselves from COVID-19 and his advice is: don’t."

According to Dr. Blaylock, studies do not support a conclusive relationship in a mask protecting one from a virus. Apparently a healthy person wearing a mask can suffer significant respiration problems such as headaches, airway resistance, CO2 accumulation up to hypoxia. Morevoer, IF you are sick, a mask can impair your normal blood oxygen making you more susceptible.

Interesting perspective. I do think some also touch their face more dealing with the itchiness, which of course can make any transmission worse.

I don't think I would enjoy such masks, I'd feel I'm not getting enough oxygen, it's just too unnatural I've worn them a couple of times in the past. I do understand why people use them though, and I have to think there are more benefits than not using them, but I agree in that I dislike them profusely because of the smothering feeling they give me.

There's a lot to be said about the proper doning/undoning /use/disposal of all PPE

Which i do not see happening

~S~

/——/ people are pushing back against the democRATs dictators: Sheriff Rejects Stay-at-Home, Won't Make Criminals Out of Business Owners, Working Single Moms

Another danger that these face masks present is how it can hurt the wearers peripheral vision. Particularly if you are around Walmart or other locations where mask wearers are at. You don't want to hit them with your car, and they don't want to be hit either

Interesting perspective. I do think some also touch their face more dealing with the itchiness, which of course can make any transmission worse.

I don't think I would enjoy such masks, I'd feel I'm not getting enough oxygen, it's just too unnatural I've worn them a couple of times in the past. I do understand why people use them though, and I have to think there are more benefits than not using them, but I agree in that I dislike them profusely because of the smothering feeling they give me.
I put one on outside one day when it was cold and it immediately fogged up my glasses so I couldn't see at all. If I were to leave the county I'd wear one, though. We don't have any cases here and we stay a distance from each other, use hand sanitizer, run like hell if someone coughs.

I have nearly 200 face masks available free for the asking.

Only available to those who can prove Democrat Party registration.
Each is made of a 60% wool/40% horsehair fabric. Guaranteed to itch but that's easily remedied by vigorously scratching at your face.

Available by PM which must include an image of your Democrat Party membership card. We'll talk about the shipping and handling charges when you make contact.

There's a lot to be said about the proper doning/undoning /use/disposal of all PPE

Which i do not see happening

~S~
PPE is largely eyewash and wishful thinking when it comes to protection from a viral infection. Anyone equipped with a normally functioning human brain that can logically process knowledge and even basic rudimentary knowledge of virus cells can tell you that much.

I need to work. Well.... That's not exactly true I could take a year off and still be ok... But I want to work. In order to do that the company says I have to wear a mask and distance myself 6 feet from other as much as possible.

That will be done so long as I want to work for that company. *shrugs*

I need to work. Well.... That's not exactly true I could take a year off and still be ok... But I want to work. In order to do that the company says I have to wear a mask and distance myself 6 feet from other as much as possible.

Try to get a mask with a valve then I guess.

I'll take my chances. Everywhere I go someone wants to put their face in my face. I'm thinking about having a shirt made that says "WARNING! I punch any face within arms reach...no exceptions."
I think 6ft or so separation is a good idea. Hell, I don't like being packed in a line like a friggin' sardine. I also remember sitting in a school gym bleacher watching my kid's "Winter Celebration" pageant with everyone sneezing and coughing and the kids smearing their snot all over everywhere. Somehow everyone has survived.....Amazing huh?

Yes, I went to a hazmat course, and it covered all sorts of issues including wearing mask. The instructor told us that before companies could require an employee to wear a mask, the employee must be cleared by a certified agent that could make sure that the person is healthy enough to wear a mask. Now in the case of Corona virus, it is up to each citizen (if they think that it might help), to choose for themselves as to what methods they want to use that might help them in the situation. I wear a mask when going into a confined space where people might congregate (i.e. Lowe's or Walmart) etc. I then remove it as soon as I'm free of the possible surrounding threats to my safety. I have seen people wearing mask while riding in their vehicles alone or while walking down sidewalk's alone etc. These are uneducated people that need instruction in life.

There is just so much ignorance out there, that it's really a shame. Get educated people please.

Try to get a mask with a valve then I guess.
OH... Wow...

Ok... I googled the mask with valve because I had no idea what mask that was. I completely understand why it's being banned in places.

What people don't understand about the Mask is that it's not to stop you from getting it. It's to stop you from spreading it. You can wear that mask and you still have a pretty damn good chance of getting the C-19 if you are within close proximity to someone who has it and can spread it who isn't wearing a mask. The virus can get into you through your eyes/ears as well. It's why you see a lot of medical personal wearing goggles/face shields as well as a mask.

If you are in a crowded place with nothing but a mask on to cover your nose/mouth, and nobody else is wearing one... It's pointless for you to be wearing it.

With that said... I'm ... Well.. I have no evidence so this is opinion based. I think the majority of the population has already been subjected to it, and it's passed though already. Just like the Flu, it's deadly to select people. The rest of us cough/sneeze/shit it out over a couple of days. And life goes on.

The biggest difference between the normal flu and this C-19... Is that the C-19 is a hell of a lot more effective, and visually/emotionally disruptive to others, when killing people that is already weak against it for whatever reasons.

People see the flu/cold and shrug it off... Been around all our lives... But what this new virus does to the lungs... Scares some shitless. I get why.

I'll take my chances. Everywhere I go someone wants to put their face in my face. I'm thinking about having a shirt made that says "WARNING! I punch any face within arms reach...no exceptions."
I think 6ft or so separation is a good idea. Hell, I don't like being packed in a line like a friggin' sardine. I also remember sitting in a school gym bleacher watching my kid's "Winter Celebration" pageant with everyone sneezing and coughing and the kids smearing their snot all over everywhere. Somehow everyone has survived.....Amazing huh?
Folks just aren't used to social distancing. They revert to norms. Can't remind them constantly...so I just wear the mask.

Should doctors not wear masks?

Should doctors not wear masks?
Is that a neurosurgeon's real name Henry Frankenstein?
No

Forum List

Back