Weaponization of space?

shoshi

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2020
Russia destroys satellite creates dangerous fallout. What does this mean?

Destroying satellites could cause chaos.
One thing like this could destroy many satellites that would then add their own shrapnel to an ever increasing cloud that could permanently destroy our ability to maintain any sort of presence in orbital space.

We've all seen that movie ...

MV5BNjE5MzYwMzYxMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTk4MTk0OQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

We've graduated from trashing the earth, to trashing the solar system. The environmentalists are going to have a coronary when they see this. Each one of those colored dots represents a satellite. :laughing0301:

Stuff in Space

satellites.jpg

That map is actually NOT to scale... it maps objects that vary in size between a couple of centimeters to those the size of The Hubble. A map of the Sahara Desert would be vastly more dense with objects of that size.

Additionally, the surface area of The Earth is a paltry 510 million square kilometers... the total volume of Low Earth Orbit is around ONE TRILLION CUBIC kilometers.

That's a lot of space to look for a 2cm piece of tinfoil.

That map is actually NOT to scale... it maps objects that vary in size between a couple of centimeters to those the size of The Hubble. A map of the Sahara Desert would be vastly more dense with objects of that size.

Additionally, the surface area of The Earth is a paltry 510 million square kilometers... the total volume of Low Earth Orbit is around ONE TRILLION CUBIC kilometers.

That's a lot of space to look for a 2cm piece of tinfoil.

With the huge mass of the earth, there was no way they could make those satellites to scale. You wouldn't be able to see them.

But you get the idea of how crowded the space is around the earth.

With the huge mass of the earth, there was no way they could make those satellites to scale. You wouldn't be able to see them.

But you get the idea of how crowded the space is around the earth.

No, if you do the math*, it's very clear just how vastly UNCROWDED space is ... it is emptier by several orders of magnitude than the most remote part of The Earth.

* and I haven't even calculated the cubic area out to geosynchronous orbit, as shown in your graphic.

No, if you do the math*, it's very clear just how vastly UNCROWDED space is ... it is emptier by several orders of magnitude than the most remote part of The Earth.

* and I haven't even calculated the cubic area out to geosynchronous orbit, as shown in your graphic.

Just stop already. I know you're trying to trick me into supporting Israel's program to put 1,000 Jewish Space Lasers in orbit. Stop it now, or I'll release secret evidence that shows you Hebrews were behind the Lincoln assassination, I say.

Just stop already. I know you're trying to trick me into supporting Israel's program to put 1,000 Jewish Space Lasers in orbit. Stop it now, or I'll release secret evidence that shows you Hebrews were behind the Lincoln assassination, I say.

A) We don't need 1,000 lasers. You can subjugate all of humanity with a couple of dozen well-placed lasers... we don't waste shekels on unnecessary lasers.

B) The Lincoln thing isn't a secret.

Hell, we already have Elron Musk about to flood space with over 30,000 satellites. And Amazon will be launching another 3,000 or so for their own Global Internet program.

Hell, we already have Elron Musk about to flood space with over 30,000 satellites. And Amazon will be launching another 3,000 or so for their own Global Internet program.

Not a flood, but a relative drop in the ocean...

... space is really, really big.

“Space,” it says, “is big. Really big. You just won’t believe how vastly, hugely, mindbogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it’s a long way down the road to the chemist’s, but that’s just peanuts to space.”

-- Douglas Adams , 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy'

Not a flood, but a relative drop in the ocean...

... space is really, really big.

But they will be constantly moving, and in a small area in LEO.

Not every place is suitable for any kind of satellites. Sure, room between the Earth and the Moon for a planet. Not that you can really put satellites into that space and have them be of any use at all.

Forum List

Back