Wealth of Five Richest Men Doubles Since 2020

Don't care?

Bezos got rich because people use his retail platform.

if you want to put him out of business you shouldn't be buying anything from Amazon but you do.
Our society is based on rampant consumerism that's what people want so of course there will be people who provide what people want.

It's the people in society that demand their cheap crap and you want to villainize the people who saw that and made money off of it.
Bezos and other parasites got rich because they bribed government to ignore anti-trust legislation. Billionaires are a threat to human survival but many wanna-be rich-bitches refuse to notice/care.
Screenshot-2024-01-26-at-115410%20AM.png

"Oxfam found that the wealthiest 1% of the world population emit as much carbon pollution as the poorest two-thirds of the entire human population.

"'Only 0.4 percent of the world’s largest corporations are publicly committed to paying workers a living wage and support a living wage in their value chains', the organization wrote.

"While corporate profits are soaring, the wages of nearly 800 million workers around the world have failed to keep up with inflation, resulting in a loss of $1.5 trillion for those workers over the last two years."
Global 1% own 43% of financial assets, 5 richest billionaires doubled wealth while 5 billion workers got poorer | MR Online

Btw: I buy less than $55 a year from Amazon's e-books, and Amazon's 2023 revenue for the 12 months ending September 30, 2023 was $554.028B, 10.32% increase year-over-year from 2022.

Bezos and other parasites got rich because they bribed government to ignore anti-trust legislation. Billionaires are a threat to human survival but many wanna-be rich-bitches refuse to notice/care.

"Oxfam found that the wealthiest 1% of the world population emit as much carbon pollution as the poorest two-thirds of the entire human population.

"'Only 0.4 percent of the world’s largest corporations are publicly committed to paying workers a living wage and support a living wage in their value chains', the organization wrote.

Global 1% own 43% of financial assets, 5 richest billionaires doubled wealth while 5 billion workers got poorer | MR Online

Btw: I buy less than $55 a year from Amazon's e-books, and Amazon's 2023 revenue for the 12 months ending September 30, 2023 was $554.028B, 10.32% increase year-over-year from 2022.

So the billion people who spend less than 50 bucks a year on Amazon don't make Bezos richer?

You're a fucking hypocrite whining about consumerism and people who make money off your buying habits

Amazon has 310 million customers worldwide, so how did you arrive at a billion people spending less than $50 per year?

It was a question with a little hyperbole.

Stop being so fucking literal.

But YOU are helping to make Bezos rich.

Consumerism is what is making these people rich. Not the government, rich people are not stealing from you you are giving your money away voluntarily.

Consumerism is a cultural thing and you're whining about the companies who make a lot of money giving you what you want.

My spending less than $50 per year on Amazon's e-books has no statistical effect on Bezos's net worth, unlike the consequences of monopoly pricing:
monopolies-advantages-disadvantages.png.webp

Advantages and disadvantages of monopolies - Economics Help
you still don't get it do you?

It's not just YOU YOU YOU YOU.

Hundreds of millions of people spending $50 or more is what made Bezos rich.

You are not going to sop them because consumerism is a cultural thing not an economic thing. You can't legislate consumerism out of existence

CONSUMERISM made Bezos rich not capitalism

Consumerism is a cultural thing and you're whining about the companies who make a lot of money giving you what you want.
US consumerism is predicated on mass consumption leading to increased production which, in turn, results in higher levels of pollution, resource depletion, deforestation, climate change, and loss of biodiversity.

Consumerism generates vast amounts of waste, including packaging materials, electronic waste, and single-use plastics. US consumerism uses advertising to convince millions of Americans their "self-worth" requires pursuit of material possessions and status symbols, resulting in financial strain and life-long levels of debt for individuals and households.

Rampant consumerism prioritizes mindless material accumulation over the well-being of human beings; that's where billionaire's come from.

Chat GPT

US consumerism is predicated on mass consumption leading to increased production which, in turn, results in higher levels of pollution, resource depletion, deforestation, climate change, and loss of biodiversity.

Consumerism generates vast amounts of waste, including packaging materials, electronic waste, and single-use plastics. US consumerism uses advertising to convince millions of Americans their "self-worth" requires pursuit of material possessions and status symbols, resulting in financial strain and life-long levels of debt for individuals and households.

Rampant consumerism prioritizes mindless material accumulation over the well-being of human beings; that's where billionaire's come from.

Chat GPT
No shit Sherlock. That's exactly what I just said.

Consumerism is a cultural thing and has nothing to do with capitalism.

you still don't get it do you?

It's not just YOU YOU YOU YOU.

Hundreds of millions of people spending $50 or more is what made Bezos rich.

You are not going to sop them because consumerism is a cultural thing not an economic thing. You can't legislate consumerism out of existence

CONSUMERISM made Bezos rich not capitalism
You seem incapable of understanding Bezos fortune comes from illegal monopoly pricing:

FTC Sues Amazon for Illegally Maintaining Monopoly Power

"Amazon’s ongoing pattern of illegal conduct blocks competition, allowing it to wield monopoly power to inflate prices, degrade quality, and stifle innovation for consumers and businesses."

Parasitic billionaires appreciate your cluelessness.

You seem incapable of understanding Bezos fortune comes from illegal monopoly pricing:

FTC Sues Amazon for Illegally Maintaining Monopoly Power

"Amazon’s ongoing pattern of illegal conduct blocks competition, allowing it to wield monopoly power to inflate prices, degrade quality, and stifle innovation for consumers and businesses."

Parasitic billionaires appreciate your cluelessness.
What does he have a monopoly on?

There is nothing sold on Amazon that you cannot get anywhere else.

Consumerism has nothing to do with capitalism?
1*qSOfMSyhiPq7H-oo7PUxkw.jpeg

No they are not the same thing.

If we weren't a culture that lived to buy shit, throw away shit and buy more shit the businesses in the capitalist system would not be geared to provide that cheap throwaway shit.

The culture of consumerism drives the business models.

You want to blame the businesses for making you buy shit

maxresdefault-3952184718.jpg

The world's five richest parasites have more than doubled their fortunes from $405 to $869 billion since 2020 while nearly 5 billion people have become even poorer; some parasites eagerly anticipate the globe's first $trillionaire within ten years, but seem indifferent to the claim poverty will not be eradicated for another 229 years:

Wealth of five richest men doubles since 2020 as five billion people made poorer in “decade of division,” says Oxfam | MR Online

"'This inequality is no accident; the billionaire class is ensuring corporations deliver more wealth to them at the expense of everyone else,' said Oxfam International interim Executive Director Amitabh Behar.
How is what they are doing stopping from anyone from doing the exact same thing? This country and the world, is creating more and more millionaires, year after year through good financial decisions and investments.

So what if Elon is making more money than me? His success is not stopping me in anyway.

The narrative needs turned around. Instead of vilifying the rich, why not ask how they got there and how can that be modeled and used for teaching others how to leverage their skills, education, and savin.... Oh.. wait, that's right. You need skills and or an education first. I guess we will just resort to torches and pitchforks and continue to vilify the rich....

Where's my match?

It's a bit short sighted and now an over simplification to box Bezos into the amazon.com "box". There is probably very little, today, that Amazon doesn't touch in our day to day, in some way. Even Amazon has influenced how other organizations run their business. Who knows this website, your employer, and who know what else is going through Amazon Web Services (AWS)

If you have watched the NFL, you probably have seen their data analytics commercial touting the data mining and research that is done through AWS.

How is what they are doing stopping from anyone from doing the exact same thing? This country and the world, is creating more and more millionaires, year after year through good financial decisions and investments.
What role have stock buybacks played in creating billionaires over the past 40 years?

Since markets, money, and corporations are all creations of the state, it would seem like the number of billionaires has more to do with their political donations than good financial decisions and investments.

So what if Elon is making more money than me? His success is not stopping me in anyway.
His money and that of his fellow parasites is threatening the social fabric of your county and its democratic principles:

"Runaway corporate and monopoly power is an inequality-generating machine: through squeezing workers, dodging tax, privatizing the state, and spurring climate breakdown, corporations are funneling endless wealth to their ultra-rich owners. But they’re also funneling power, undermining our democracies and our rights. No corporation or individual should have this much power over our economies and our lives–to be clear, nobody should have a billion dollars.
"The past three years’ supercharged surge in extreme wealth has solidified while global poverty remains mired at pre-pandemic levels.

"Billionaires are $3.3 trillion richer than in 2020, and their wealth has grown three times faster than the rate of inflation."

Wealth of five richest men doubles since 2020 as five billion people made poorer in “decade of division,” says Oxfam | MR Online

The narrative needs turned around. Instead of vilifying the rich, why not ask how they got there and how can that be modeled and used for teaching others how to leverage their skills, education, and savin.... Oh.. wait, that's right. You need skills and or an education first. I guess we will just resort to torches and pitchforks and continue to vilify the rich....
Can you cite a place and time where private fortunes have existed without for-profit war and interest-bearing debt particularly during the blood-soaked 500 years of capitalism?

Global Capitalism Has Become Dependent on War-Making to Sustain Itself

Where's my match?
No billionaire has ever stopped anyone from increasing their own wealth. These people who claim they are being held back in their lives because some guy is a billionaire are just whining pathetic little sheep.

Can you cite a place and time where private fortunes have existed without for-profit war and interest-bearing debt particularly during the blood-soaked 500 years of capitalism?

Global Capitalism Has Become Dependent on War-Making to Sustain Itself
My point, as I think you're trying to deflect, is today, you, me, anyone else can leverage our talents, skills, education, and experience and live a financially successful life while retiring and dying a millionaire. YMMV based on risk, decisions, and personal experiences and choices. The opportunity is there and that is fact.

Forum List

Back