Wealth of Five Richest Men Doubles Since 2020

My point, as I think you're trying to deflect, is today, you, me, anyone else can leverage our talents, skills, education, and experience and live a financially successful life while retiring and dying a millionaire. YMMV based on risk, decisions, and personal experiences and choices. The opportunity is there and that is fact.
That opportunity only exists within an economic system that permits investors to profit from war crimes like those currently on display in Gaza and a system of finance that underwrites those crimes.

When you argued against vilifying the rich and in support of using their "success" as a model for other aspiring parasites, you ignored the reality that any fortune denominated in US dollars would not exist without war crimes and financial warfare.

https://apps.dtic.mil/sti/trecms/pdf/AD1178761.pdf (P. 5/17)

"Discussion: The United States has successfully used economic and financial warfare in the past to achieve its strategic goals.

"Those methods have tended to rely on several preconditions: I) the dominance of the U.S. dollar as a global currency and a suitable global reserve; 2) the relatively strong economic fundamentals possessed by the U.S. and its presence within the global economy; and 3) trust by the market that the U.S. dollar will preserve its value.

"In a future where these preconditions begin to wane, where the global market no longer trusts in the value of the U.S. dollar and is actively seeking alternative methods of transaction that by-pass the U.S., the ability of the U.S. to execute financial warfare will correspondingly decline."

That opportunity only exists within an economic system that permits investors to profit from war crimes like those currently on display in Gaza and a system of finance that underwrites those crimes.

When you argued against vilifying the rich and in support of using their "success" as a model for other aspiring parasites, you ignored the reality that any fortune denominated in US dollars would not exist without war crimes and financial warfare.

https://apps.dtic.mil/sti/trecms/pdf/AD1178761.pdf (P. 5/17)

"Discussion: The United States has successfully used economic and financial warfare in the past to achieve its strategic goals.

"Those methods have tended to rely on several preconditions: I) the dominance of the U.S. dollar as a global currency and a suitable global reserve; 2) the relatively strong economic fundamentals possessed by the U.S. and its presence within the global economy; and 3) trust by the market that the U.S. dollar will preserve its value.

"In a future where these preconditions begin to wane, where the global market no longer trusts in the value of the U.S. dollar and is actively seeking alternative methods of transaction that by-pass the U.S., the ability of the U.S. to execute financial warfare will correspondingly decline."
The markets exist with or without war. I'm not going to dismiss the premise that war, tangible or financial, doesn't help the market, we have seen historically war spur economies. However, the opportunities of investments, savings, and making sound financial decisions still exist outside of the effects of war on the market.

The markets exist with or without war. I'm not going to dismiss the premise that war, tangible or financial, doesn't help the market, we have seen historically war spur economies. However, the opportunities of investments, savings, and making sound financial decisions still exist outside of the effects of war on the market.
If those global opportunities in investments and savings are denominated in US dollars, "...those dollars that are in the world are the monetization of American military spending."

Sending Dollars Abroad … via the Military | Michael Hudson

"Ever since the Korean War, the major factor in the American balance of payments deficit that sent dollars abroad has been military spending.

"So when other countries keep their foreign exchange reserves in dollars, Europe, Russia, China, then by holding the dollars, they hold these dollars safely in Treasury securities.

"Buying the Treasury Security has been the way of funding America’s 800 military bases surrounding them.

"So foreign countries have paid for America to surround them with military bases and to fund America’s military, because the dollars that are in the world are the monetization of American military spending.

" That’s what my book Super Imperialism was all about. And this was a very conscious policy by the United States, by the Defense Department."

If those global opportunities in investments and savings are denominated in US dollars, "...those dollars that are in the world are the monetization of American military spending."

Sending Dollars Abroad … via the Military | Michael Hudson

"Ever since the Korean War, the major factor in the American balance of payments deficit that sent dollars abroad has been military spending.

"So when other countries keep their foreign exchange reserves in dollars, Europe, Russia, China, then by holding the dollars, they hold these dollars safely in Treasury securities.

"Buying the Treasury Security has been the way of funding America’s 800 military bases surrounding them.

"So foreign countries have paid for America to surround them with military bases and to fund America’s military, because the dollars that are in the world are the monetization of American military spending.

" That’s what my book Super Imperialism was all about. And this was a very conscious policy by the United States, by the Defense Department."
You're like a dog with a bone... never mind.

NO surprise, as those with the most money make the rules, More for them less for the rest of us.
This statement makes no sense and is illogical. It assumes that the amount of money available has an actual "limit" and the rich is hoarding money preventing others from obtaining wealth. There is nothing they do that is preventing anyone from going out and making a lot of money on their own.

Forum List

Back