Wealth Inequality & the Republican Party

Rye Catcher

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2019
There is no GOP at this time. The Republican Party Pols, in the most part, put their jobs first, and to do so they pass policies which have continued wealth inequality rapidly from 1981 to today. The graph below is an example to prove my first sentence:

apps.urban.org

Nine Charts about Wealth Inequality in America (Updated)

These nine charts illustrate what’s behind growing wealth disparities, particularly the racial wealth gap.
apps.urban.org
apps.urban.org

Click on each year and see how the growth of inequality of wealth will continue; do to the Ryan/McConnell tax bill signed by Trump it has increased since 2016.

Since the Reagan Administration this graph shows how quickly wealth inequality has grown.

There is no GOP at this time. The Republican Party Pols, in the most part, put their jobs first, and to do so they pass policies which have continued wealth inequality rapidly from 1981 to today. The graph below is an example to prove my first sentence:

apps.urban.org

These nine charts illustrate what’s behind growing wealth disparities, particularly the racial wealth gap.
apps.urban.org
apps.urban.org

Click on each year and see how the growth of inequality of wealth will continue; do to the Ryan/McConnell tax bill signed by Trump it has increased since 2016.

Since the Reagan Administration this graph shows how quickly wealth inequality has grown.

The Republican Party Pols, in the most part, put their jobs first, and to do so they pass policies which have continued wealth inequality rapidly from 1981 to today.

Wake me up when you accuse Democrats of doing the same thing.

apps.urban.org

apps.urban.org
apps.urban.org

Wake me up when you get a job.

• Banned
Wake me up when you accuse Democrats of doing the same thing.
Please explain how the Democratic Party has done what the Republicans have been doing since 1981.

Consider this from the 1956 Republican Platform:

While jealously guarding the free institutions and preserving the principles upon which our Republic was founded and has flourished, the purpose of the Republican Party is to establish and maintain a peaceful world and build at home a dynamic prosperity in which every citizen fairly shares.

We shall ever build anew, that our children and their children, without distinction because of race, creed or color, may know the blessings of our free land.

We believe that basic to governmental integrity are unimpeachable ethical standards and irreproachable personal conduct by all people in government. We shall continue our insistence on honesty as an indispensable requirement of public service. We shall continue to root out corruption whenever and wherever it appears.

We are proud of and shall continue our far-reaching and sound advances in matters of basic human needs—expansion of social security—broadened coverage in unemployment insurance —improved housing—and better health protection for all our people. We are determined that our government remain warmly responsive to the urgent social and economic problems of our people.

Now, consider the 1980 Republican Party Platform:

The Republican Party convenes, presents this platform, and selects its nominees at a time of crisis. America is adrift. Our country moves agonizingly, aimlessly, almost helplessly into one of the most dangerous and disorderly periods in history.

At home, our economy careens, whiplashed from one extreme to another. Earlier this year, inflation skyrocketed to its highest levels in more than a century; weeks later, the economy plummeted, suffering its steepest slide on record. Prices escalate at more than 10 percent a year. More than eight million people seek employment. Manufacturing plants lie idle across the country. The hopes and aspirations of our people are being smothered.

Overseas, conditions already perilous, deteriorate. The Soviet Union for the first time is acquiring the means to obliterate or cripple our land-based missile system and blackmail us into submission. Marxist tyrannies spread more rapidly through the Third World and Latin America. Our alliances are frayed in Europe and elsewhere. Our energy supplies become even more dependent on uncertain foreign suppliers. In the ultimate humiliation, militant terrorists in Iran continue to toy with the lives of Americans.

Consider the 2008 Democratic Platform:

We come together at a defining moment in the history of our nation – the nation that led the 20th Century, built a thriving middle class, defeated fascism and communism, and provided bountiful opportunity to many. We Democrats have a special commitment to this promise of America. We believe that every American, whatever their background or station in life, should have the chance to get a good education, to work at a good job with good wages, to raise and provide for a family, to live in safe surroundings, and to retire with dignity and security. We believe that quality and affordable health care is a basic right. We believe that each succeeding generation should have the opportunity, through hard work, service and sacrifice, to enjoy a brighter future than the last.

But today, we are at a crossroads. As we meet, we are in the sixth year of a two-front war. Our economy is struggling. Our planet is in peril.

These Platforms are easily read by a search.

Now, consider the 2020 Republican Platform:

LOL

And finally, the 2020 Democratic Platform:

America is an idea—one that has endured and evolved through war and depression, prevailed over fascism and communism, and radiated hope to far distant corners of the earth. Americans believe that diversity is our greatest strength. That protest is among the highest forms of patriotism. That our fates and fortunes are bound to rise and fall together. That even when we fall short of our highest ideals, we never stop trying to build a more perfect union.

When the American people go to the polls this fall, we will be choosing more than a candidate. Character is on the ballot in this election. The character of our President, yes, but more than that: the character of our democracy, our society, and our leadership in the world.

The challenges before us—the worst public health crisis in a century, the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression, the worst period of global upheaval in a generation, the urgent global crisis posed by climate change, the intolerable racial injustice that still stains the fabric of our nation—will test America’s character like never before.

Last edited:
Please explain how the Democratic Party has done what the Republicans have been doing since 1981.

Consider this from the 1956 Republican Platform:

While jealously guarding the free institutions and preserving the principles upon which our Republic was founded and has flourished, the purpose of the Republican Party is to establish and maintain a peaceful world and build at home a dynamic prosperity in which every citizen fairly shares.

We shall ever build anew, that our children and their children, without distinction because of race, creed or color, may know the blessings of our free land.

We believe that basic to governmental integrity are unimpeachable ethical standards and irreproachable personal conduct by all people in government. We shall continue our insistence on honesty as an indispensable requirement of public service. We shall continue to root out corruption whenever and wherever it appears.

We are proud of and shall continue our far-reaching and sound advances in matters of basic human needs—expansion of social security—broadened coverage in unemployment insurance —improved housing—and better health protection for all our people. We are determined that our government remain warmly responsive to the urgent social and economic problems of our people.

Now, consider the 1980 Republican Party Platform:

Fear mongering.

Both Platforms are easily read by a search.
:bigbed:

apps.urban.org

apps.urban.org
apps.urban.org

Meanwhile Democrats recruit millions of illiterate thirdworlders to destroy our education system and job markets in an attempt to ‘fix’ this inequity.
Face it Tard…you and your ideologies are your worse enemy

Last edited:
  • Banned
So sorry you are a right wing member of the current iteration of the Republican Party. I finished the post which put your brain to sleep, and I doubt you would read anything of substance, thoughtful and thought provoking, maybe out of fear of cognitive dissonance; hopefully other readers will read and consider the history provided in my post (which I needed finish when I was interrupted by a honey do - most husbands understand).

• Banned
Meanwhile Democrats recruit millions of illiterate thirdworlders to destroy our education system and job markets in an attempt to ‘fix’ this inequity.
Face it Tard…you and your ideologies are your worse enemy
Your inability to write anything more than logical fallacies and your willful ignorance by not reading the synopsis' of the platforms are noted. My ideology? Please express what you believe it is, and how it became my worst enemy. If you can.

So sorry you are a right wing member of the current iteration of the Republican Party. I finished the post which put your brain to sleep, and I doubt you would read anything of substance, thoughtful and thought provoking, maybe out of fear of cognitive dissonance; hopefully other readers will read and consider the history provided in my post (which I needed finish when I was interrupted by a honey do - most husbands understand).

"So sorry you are a right wing member of the current iteration of the Republican Party. "

not nearly as far Right as you are Left.

Perhaps a good laxative will force your head out of your ass.

THEN you might notice that Republicans haven't been totally in charge of government for the last 60 years.

and Democrats are as culpable as the demons in your dreams.

Try Cuba. Everyone there has the same amount of wealth except the communist elites in charge. Your policies will achieve the same result. Why not enjoy the fruits of your policies now by moving to Cuba...?
What are my policies? Please explain what you believe they are, and how they would mitigate inequality of wealth and it's continuing growth since 1981.

"So sorry you are a right wing member of the current iteration of the Republican Party. "

not nearly as far Right as you are Left.

Perhaps a good laxative will force your head out of your ass.

THEN you might notice that Republicans haven't been totally in charge of government for the last 60 years.

and Democrats are as culpable as the demons in your dreams.
You've offered history without expressing how the D's created wealth inequality since 1960? 60 years ago JFK took office, see the wealth inequality on the graph since 1963:

By the way, what do you claim is I'm "farther left"? I've noted that the use of the left, or leftists have never been defined by those who support Trump, hate Obama and the "Let's go Brandon" crowd.

BTW, I enlisted in The Navy in 1967, after I graduated from college I began a three decades career in Law Enforcement. What have you done during the Vietnam Conflict?

Last edited:

apps.urban.org

apps.urban.org
apps.urban.org

I learned English and the use of the present perfect. I am not that old of a self-righteous moron.
Excuse me Captious Nazi. Your effort to Censor post #14 is noted.

Now grow up and keep on the topic!

You've offered history without expressing how the D's created wealth inequality since 1960? 60 years ago JFK took office, see the wealth inequality on the graph since 1963:

By the way, what do you claim is I'm "farther left"? I've noted that the use of the left, or leftists have never been defined by those who support Trump, hate Obama and the "Let's go Brandon" crowd.

BTW, I enlisted in The Navy in 1967, after I graduated from college I began a three decades career in Law Enforcement. What have you done during the Vietnam Conflict?
iu

So a lifetime and career(s) spent living off of redistributed wealth but no sign of having been involved in creating wealth, yet you are going to lecture us on "wealth inequality".

Not all people have equal skill sets for employment to create income that could result in wealth accumulation, hence the start is the variance on income levels.
Not all people figure how to invest to accumulate wealth, or choose to do so with their income. So life for now, often beyond their means.
And many, as we see in your OP and links, confuse income with wealth.

Forum List

Back