S&P 500, Dow Rise to Fresh Record Highs

Otis Mayfield

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2021
U.S. stocks marched upward Monday, with the S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average closing at record highs.

Stocks flitted between small gains and losses in early trading, but then turned decisively higher. The S&P 500 ticked up 21.58 points, or 0.5%, to 4566.48. The Dow Jones Industrial Average advanced 64.13 points, or 0.2%, to 35741.15. Both have hit dozens of records this year, including last week.

The Nasdaq Composite Index added 136.51 points, or 0.9%, to 15226.71.
Strong earnings from banks, consumer companies and manufacturers have soothed investors’ concerns about higher inflation and labor shortages. Now all eyes are set on technology stocks, which have a weighting of nearly 30% in the S&P 500.

My 401K is happy.

Way to go, Joe!

U.S. stocks marched upward Monday, with the S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average closing at record highs.

Stocks flitted between small gains and losses in early trading, but then turned decisively higher. The S&P 500 ticked up 21.58 points, or 0.5%, to 4566.48. The Dow Jones Industrial Average advanced 64.13 points, or 0.2%, to 35741.15. Both have hit dozens of records this year, including last week.

Strong earnings from banks, consumer companies and manufacturers have soothed investors’ concerns about higher inflation and labor shortages. Now all eyes are set on technology stocks, which have a weighting of nearly 30% in the S&P 500.

My 401K is happy.

Way to go, Joe!

Oh, the president is responsible for the stock market now?

LOL

My 401K is happy.

Way to go, Joe!
Burger King has a 401k?

My 401K is happy.

Way to go, Joe!
My 401K is happy.

Mighty fucking white of you. How about all those poor people that the progressives have put into the poor farm who will suffer this year because of the high gas and food prices, because you voted to put in a failed dumbass like Joe Biteme? You should pull all your money out and give it all to the government, it is your duty as a progressive slave to be just like all those poor, then you will be equal.....

I really do hate the hypocrites of the progressive party, which is all of them, they can have theirs but everyone else must be taxed into oblivion...

Binet-Simon_scale.jpg

My 401K is happy.

Way to go, Joe!

Demcrats love them some inflation. In real dollars, it is only up around 1500 points since 2000.

Switched to cash last week for all new 401 donations.

I considered doing the money market thing for the next few years but I do mostly overseas heavy funds to hedge against the nonsense that is coming to America if the dems get their way before January 3, 2022.

I considered doing the money market thing for the next few years but I do mostly overseas heavy funds to hedge against the nonsense that is coming to America if the dems get their way before January 3, 2022.
Have a Euro/Pacific fund. It's done well, just don't want to chase it to the top.
Was buying company stock last 4 months, it was at 250 ish is now 320ishH
Overbalanced risk wise and hoping to make it to dividend season on the upswing on flat and then pull those into the cash fund.

Have a Euro/Pacific fund. It's done well, just don't want to chase it to the top.
Was buying company stock last 4 months, it was at 250 ish is now 320ishH
Overbalanced risk wise and hoping to make it to dividend season on the upswing on flat and then pull those into the cash fund.

Europacific and international growth are my too biggest funds in terms of investment and new contributions. I made a pretty decent return on my brokerage account last year and cashed all those except my Ford stock out and paid off almost all my debt other than my mortgage. I bought a ton of Ford in the mid $4 range and am still holding though I think it has recovered as much as it is going to recover so I probably should cash out and pay off my mortgage or something.

My 401K is happy.

Way to go, Joe!
Hmmm stocks "marching" back down the hill today, way to go Joe!

Forum List

Back