Zone1 We would all do better if we followed Jewish teachings, summarized by Hillel: ”that which is distasteful to you do not do to others.”

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2021
Jesus, an admirer of Hillel’s, also taught the same. (He put his own spin on it, but it is basically the same.)

Can all here - those who follow a religion as well as atheists - agree this would be a good goal to aim for? After all, it’s the start of a New Year!

d2c359fdb498ae0849fb271f38f4ee38.jpg

Please provide chapter and verse to back up your claim that Jesus was a admirer/student of Hillel and based his theology on his teachings.
Do your own homework. It’s common knowledge that Jesus was a student of Hillel. Or do you hate Jews so much that you can’t face that your savior promoted the teachings of the best rabbi this world has ever seen?

Jesus, an admirer of Hillel’s, also taught the same. (He put his own spin on it, but it is basically the same.)

Can all here - those who follow a religion as well as atheists - agree this would be a good goal to aim for? After all, it’s the start of a New Year!

I didn't even have to be raised in any kind of religious doctrine to know that it's important to treat others as you want to be treated.

It's about self respect.

Why do you resort to accusing people of being a hater just because they disagree with you.??
You’ve said the most reprehensible things about Jews. Weren’t you one calling for a “final solution” (your phrase) to put all the Jews on an island, as if we were lepers or something, so we wouldn’t bother other people?

Oh no….you don’t have a HINT of antisemitism in your Muslim blood.

I am proud of my great-grandparents who worked to build a Society based on Freedom, Equality, and Positive Rights. Many of Leon Trotsky's ideas originated from Jewish Laws on Charity and helping poor people.

Nevertheless, having abandoned Judaism and having rejected G-d, Leon Trotsky could not be the Messiah. Leon Trotsky lost political power to Joseph Stalin. USSR in 1930s became extremely Totalitarian and repressive.

that's a curious turn of events - the final chapter in jesus's life ... someone, who could it have been - must have missed hill's memo.

a steam roller - as what is evil ... all over the golden rule. the convenient allusion.

Hillel died when Jesus was still a child. I heard (or read) somewhere that it was Jesus' father, Joseph, who had either been a student or admirer of Hillel and may have passed the teachings along to his son.

The difference in the teachings interest me. Isn't the story that someone asked Hillel to teach as much as he could for as long as he stood on one leg? That he also included another sentence? His first sentence was, The whole law says what is distasteful to you, don't do to another. The second was, Now go and study.

Apparently what Hillel said, some say was based on a verse in Leviticus that said not to take revenge or hold a grudge; but to love others as you love yourself.

Was there a reason Hillel used the negative and Jesus the positive? Was using the negative prompted by Leviticus beginning with the negatives of, Do not...

I remember reading somewhere, at some time, that there is a reason why so many Laws were written saying what not to do, not what to do? If so, I cannot recall what that reason for it is. Do you know?

I remember reading somewhere, at some time, that there is a reason why so many Laws were written saying what not to do, not what to do? If so, I cannot recall what that reason for it is. Do you know?
Judaism has many Laws which were given by G-d. Observing these Laws has spiritual benefits for all Worlds created by G-d. Understanding Spiritual Worlds takes enormous study -- I myself do not understand.

All people in the World must follow the Seven Laws of Noah.

Judaism has many Laws which were given by G-d. Observing these Laws has spiritual benefits for all Worlds created by G-d. Understanding Spiritual Worlds takes enormous study --
I understand that Judaism uses a three legs comparison for practicing Judaism?
  • Studying the Law
  • Service to others
  • Charity

Forum List

Back