We The People.

And the majority of the people think the ranting, childish, let me do what ever I want during a pandemic attitude is selfish and anti American.

You are traitors to American society.

And the majority of the people think the ranting, childish, let me do what ever I want during a pandemic attitude is selfish and anti American.

You are traitors to American society.

Fortunately, no sane American recognizes you as any authority on what American society is supposed to be, nor what would constitute being a traitor to it.

I say that your poll is bullshit, (and because your article is hiding behind a paywall, not to be taken as having any vestige of credibility to begin with), and even if true, irrelevant.

We are, after all, a Constitutional republic, and a primary point of us being so, rather than a democracy, is to insure that the essential rights of a minority cannot easily be taken away by a tyranny of the majority. Our First Amendment explicitly asserts freedoms of speech, assembly, and petition, which together, mean a right to protest. This right is not diminished in the least by any level of disapproval on the part of any who disagree with the message of the protest.

Our Constitution sets the ground rules, and government never, under any circumstances, has the authority to violate these rules, no matter how strongly a majority may demand it.

The constitution does set the ground rules, I suggest you learn what it really allows and does not allow.

As far as pandemics, as I have shown on this thread, it allows the states to impose quarantines, it always has.

As for your beloved Jefferson, when he became President, he dramatically expanded federal power, restricting freedom of commerce during the embargo acts, which almost saw the northern states succeed they were so economically damaged by it, sending the Navy to fight the Barbary pirates without even informing Congress until they were sent as just two examples.

There is no question that any observer of the Jefferson Presidency as it actually occurred and not the sound bites knows he would have imposed lock downs in a global pandemic.

He never hesitated to use federal power, constitutional or not.

James Madison, the main mind behind most of the US Constitution advised President Jefferson to restrict trading and US liberty serving under President Jefferson in 1807, Madison and Jefferson enacted an embargo on all trade with Britain and France.

The Northern states protested as it hurt their livelihood hard.

James Madison, the main writer of the US constitution.

Think about that for a bit.
Tariffs were used for about 200 years......either by direct payments are protectionism.............Was the primary means of income for the Gov't for a very long time......until the Gov't found a way to screw the people and get more POWER..........now to the point of INSANITY.....

The Enumerated powers escapes you.............as does the meaning of the Federalist papers.

No Madison and Jefferson barred commerce, they did not just put up tarrifs.

Alexander Hamilton was a major writer in the Federalist papers.

I quote:

“On the other hand, it will be equally forgotten that the vigor of government is essential to the security of liberty; that, in the contemplation of a sound and well-informed judgment, their interest can never be separated; and that a dangerous ambition more often lurks behind the specious mask of zeal for the rights of the people than under the forbidden appearance of zeal for the firmness and efficiency of government. History will teach us that the former has been found a much more certain road to the introduction of despotism than the latter, and that of those men who have overturned the liberties of republics, the greatest number have begun their career by paying an obsequious court to the people; commencing demagogues, and ending tyrants.

― Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers
Which is under the enumerated powers..........to regulate commerce.....................embargoes are part of that enumerated power................

Again..............they enumerated powers to avoid a powerful central gov't.............it's all over the Federalist papers.....to anyone capable of reading.

The actual writers of the constitution used these powers as I have demonstrated over and over again, do think they thought such powers existed?
Baloney...........you used an example of a enumerated power.

Banning economic activity, as in a lock down.

So you such claim it is an enumerated power then?
Your examples were from foreign gov'ts............did you fall on your head at birth or did it happen later in life?

So you do not think the early founding fathers never imposed domestic restraints on personal liberty?

I think you are forgetting George Washington, the father of the nation crushing the Whiskey Rebellion.

The father of the nation stated you cannot do what ever the fuck you want you slack jawed hicks, there are rules in any civilisation.

And even in virus outbreaks the early republic imposed domestic restrictions.

I refer you to the conservative Cato institute for further details.

"Bans on assembly, movement, and badly needed economic activity? Citizens of the early Republic went through all these and much more. Churches shut their doors. People were routinely cooped up in their homes — contrary to some recent speculation, there was no general practice of applying restrictions only to the sick. Not long after the adoption of the new Constitution, the nation’s capital of Philadelphia was struck with a deadly outbreak of yellow fever; persons fleeing the city in the direction of places like Baltimore were turned back at gunpoint, while Alexander Hamilton and his wife Eliza, after surviving the illness, had to undergo quarantine at the behest of authorities in Albany, N.Y. whence they had fled."
You give examples of diseases in a time without modern medicine........where they kill the living hell out of people because infection meds didn't really exist...........

In times like those ........people by themselves would stay away from others because they know doing so would kill them.

Kinda like ..........LET ME RUN AT A SWORD AND IMPALE MYSELF.......yeah that would be smart..........Not the same and you know it..........The Federalist papers clearly show the intent of our Constitution...................

And under that INTENT.......each State would decide it's fate.........not a Daddy Federal Gov't.........

My body, my right

anecdotally , many moons ago as a FF , we were ordered to evacuate a community.

so we went door/door telling folks they had to leave their homes

up until this one old buck flat out refused.

we did try and argue that he was in danger , but he just kept giving us this 'no thanks sonny' response

i learned then and there how personal liberty trumps authoritarians , no matter how justified they may seem

~S~

The constitution does set the ground rules, I suggest you learn what it really allows and does not allow.

As far as pandemics, as I have shown on this thread, it allows the states to impose quarantines, it always has.

Yes, you've told this absurd lie before, and I responded by providing you with links to the full text of the Constitution, and challenging you to find where it contains any language that even hints at allowing government to make up a fake “pandemic”, and then to use that hoax as an excuse to violate the rights and rules which the Constitution explicitly lays out.

I don't know if it was in this thread, or another, and I'm not going to go looking for it right now.

You know damn well that you were lying then, and you are still lying, and if it comes up in the future, you will only lie again.

It's what you do. It's what you are. You can no more tell the truth, on any subject of any importance, than a flounder can fly like an eagle.

The entire world knows we are in a pandemic, the fake pandemic argument presumes the US got every nation on Earth to declare a fake pandemic too, even enemies of the US.

Even your beloved Trump figured it out, well later than ever other leader on Earth, but he got there and declared "war on the virus."

That is perhaps the dumbest thing I have ever read on an often idiot internet.

It is clear quarantines are constitutional, both under the general welfare clause, elastic clause, appellate court decisions and historical precedent even under the founders as I have shown through out this thread.

Last edited:
Name me a people, or populace that would wish representation by totalitarian tyrants Jake

Rather obviously, Jackass WANKER Frogbrain is himself an example of such a person. Sadly, there are many people here in the U.S. that are like him.

Perhaps you need a basic political primer?

Totalitarianism is not duly elected governments imposing quarantines during a pandemic, America has always done that, totalitarianism is a one party state, not elected that imposes state control on every area of life all the time, pandemic or not.

If you were living in a totalitarian government you would not be typing your opinions freely on the internet.

You live in a representative democracy, well America is a plutocracy, one if you do not like the current response to the pandemic you can vote out during the next state or federal elections.

If you live that long that is.

In America that is a crap shoot.

Blaylock after you wash all the BBQ sauce stains off your Confederate fag, oh sorry, flag, T shirt read the constitution of the United States of America.

You are a coward Blaylock.

During World War Two you would have said you do not have to serve because it violates your personal freedom.

I am disgusted.

I cannot even eat when I respond to you because I do not want to throw up.

Blaylock if you were at the Alamo you would be telling Davy Crockett you cannot fight because you do not like the duty roster.

It impinges on your personal freedom.

Coward!

Blaylock after you wash all the BBQ sauce stains off your Confederate fag, oh sorry, flag, T shirt read the constitution of the United States of America.
You are a coward Blaylock.

During World War Two you would have said you do not have to serve because it violates your personal freedom.

I am disgusted.

I cannot even eat when I respond to you because I do not want to throw up.
Blaylock if you were at the Alamo you would be telling Davy Crockett you cannot fight because you do not like the duty roster.

It impinges on your personal freedom.

Coward!

I like you Bob.

Free men can dish it out and free men can take it.

Talk to you next time.

clock_22.gif

Last edited:

Forum List

Back