We should replace Andrew Jackson on the $20...

Should we replace Andrew Jackson on the $20?

• Total voters
...with Thomas Sowell.

220px-Thomas_Sowell_cropped.jpg

:banana:
Why?

Stop wasting money on pointless bullshit ffs

I think we should replace Jackson with Kamala Harris. The idea of putting Harriet Tubman is pure woke pandering. For all of human history coinage has featured the portraits of statespersons. Kamala Harris would actually be a much more logical choice if Democrats are so desperate to have a black woman featured on our money. Eh, okay, maybe people won't like the idea of a living individual gracing our money. Then how about Thurgood Marshall? Being the first black person to sit on the Supreme Court certainly makes him notable enough to justify being featured on our money.

In the United States, our prevailing tradition is to feature important Founders and former Presidents. I think it makes sense to possibly expand that to include other notable statespersons who have served in the federal government. I think notable Vice Presidents and Supreme Court justices should be candidates. Heck, I'd even opt for Fredrick Douglass before Tubman. He was far closer to being a statesperson that Tubman ever was, and he was a distinguished intellectual, whereas Tubman was fueled by chronic hallucinations.

Why replace Jackson? He was a brave leader during the war of 1812 and he was a halfway decent president. Sowell is a professor/economist. We've had thousands and thousands of those in our nations history. If you want to replace Jackson, why not make it... fuck it, let's just keep Jackson.
Andrew Jackson was a monster who never should have been a president.

Fuck that.

Americans have let too many things be changed as it is, had too many people decide what changes America needs as it is we don't need more.

The 20 dollar bill like most of America is fine the way it is.

Change is fine when it's to make America and Americans better, but change just for the sake of some dipshits dumb idea isn't even worth considering.

Why spend millions of tax dollars to change pictures on currency no one pays attention to anyway?!

Does anyone really refuse to accept the bills because some specific person's picture is on them?
Yes. The Susan B. Anthony coin dollars totally failed to be accepted. I loved them; American men, not so much.

I think we should replace Jackson with Kamala Harris. The idea of putting Harriet Tubman is pure woke pandering. For all of human history coinage has featured the portraits of statespersons. Kamala Harris would actually be a much more logical choice if Democrats are so desperate to have a black woman featured on our money. Eh, okay, maybe people won't like the idea of a living individual gracing our money. Then how about Thurgood Marshall? Being the first black person to sit on the Supreme Court certainly makes him notable enough to justify being featured on our money.

In the United States, our prevailing tradition is to feature important Founders and former Presidents. I think it makes sense to possibly expand that to include other notable statespersons who have served in the federal government. I think notable Vice Presidents and Supreme Court justices should be candidates. Heck, I'd even opt for Fredrick Douglass before Tubman. He was far closer to being a statesperson that Tubman ever was, and he was a distinguished intellectual, whereas Tubman was fueled by chronic hallucinations.
No blacks on the money!! That's just race pandering.

The new parameter seems to be Black women. They were talking about Harriet Tubman a while back but she's way too ugly for me. Hell, they might as well pick Stacey Abrams as her. I guess I'm just against ugly pictures 0n my money, so my vote is to keep Jackson.
No racism to see here, folks.

Harriet Tubman should be on the $20.00

Yes. The Susan B. Anthony coin dollars totally failed to be accepted. I loved them; American men, not so much.

The US has never been too keen on using any dollar coin. They routinely get hoarded as a novelty, and/or ignored as day-to-day currency.

No racism to see here, folks.

Harriet Tubman should be on the $20.00
I don't see Tubman's connection to currency, aside from her being born a slave. It is ironic, and should still be taught in high school civics that Jackson was really the founder of the populist democrat party, which probably finally collapsed with LBJ. He was against centralized banking that favored those with capital v small capital farmers, and later with FDR, workers. We'd be better off if citizens realized what the Fed is doing to the value of the dollar and our budget deficits.

And yes Jackson owned slaves. But nobody's been a slave for over 150 years, so I don't see slave/owner as determinative of "worth."

Really, you may as well stamp a commie on it nowadays.

It's just a receipt for a claim check on an IOU anyway.

Last edited:
Why replace Jackson? He was a brave leader during the war of 1812 and he was a halfway decent president. Sowell is a professor/economist. We've had thousands and thousands of those in our nations history. If you want to replace Jackson, why not make it... fuck it, let's just keep Jackson.
This is just the same shit, different day... OP wants someone to say yes and he can feel all enraged...

This is about creating division....

Forum List

Back