We need to recount Florida's vote when they have one all through the 2020's. (till 2031)

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Former state Senate President Don Gaetz, a Republican who oversaw the Legislature’s redistricting in 2012, said redistricting power should remain with the Legislature. He said the state Supreme Court’s new makeup is an opportunity to right past wrongs.

“It certainly was obvious to everyone, including the litigants, that if they could just get in front of the former Supreme Court, they would of course prevail, and they

snip

But by keeping the legal challenges at the state level, the ruling is likely to intensify the focus on Tallahassee, as politicians and advocacy leaders wondered how the Florida Supreme Court, with three new justices appointed by Gov. Ron DeSantis, would evaluate a redistricting case.

They may find out soon. After the 2020 Census is completed, the Legislature, which is currently controlled by Republicans, is scheduled to redraw its districts for Congress and the state Legislature in 2022.

Florida isn’t affected by Supreme Court’s gerrymander ruling | Miami Herald

Dems: Door open for Florida GOP to use ‘duplicitous and unfair tactics’ to gerrymander districts - Orlando Sentinel

A U.S. Supreme Court ruling and changes at Florida’s top court leave the door wide open for Republicans to gerrymander political districts in their favor, Democrats say — and the party is already preparing for a battle
------------------------------------------------------
we need to recount Florida's election when they have any. That's why the republicans are against about voting in the state, the republicans are gerrymandering like crazy.

The Senate has been in republican control in MI since 1984, but in 2018 Mi voted for an independent commission for redrawing the lines, which is what Florida should do, but doesn't .

The day is coming when the whole votes states, no matter what the districts, is the days was are free of gerrymandering. The representative will still be accountable to their districts.

The day is coming when the whole votes states, no matter what the districts, is the days was are free of gerrymandering. The representative will still be accountable to their districts.
Are you talking about multi-rep districts (ie, the whole state), where everyone votes and they take the 3 (or 5 or whatever number of reps the state gets)? I think that would be a huge improvement.

Former state Senate President Don Gaetz, a Republican who oversaw the Legislature’s redistricting in 2012, said redistricting power should remain with the Legislature. He said the state Supreme Court’s new makeup is an opportunity to right past wrongs.

“It certainly was obvious to everyone, including the litigants, that if they could just get in front of the former Supreme Court, they would of course prevail, and they

snip

But by keeping the legal challenges at the state level, the ruling is likely to intensify the focus on Tallahassee, as politicians and advocacy leaders wondered how the Florida Supreme Court, with three new justices appointed by Gov. Ron DeSantis, would evaluate a redistricting case.

They may find out soon. After the 2020 Census is completed, the Legislature, which is currently controlled by Republicans, is scheduled to redraw its districts for Congress and the state Legislature in 2022.

Dems: Door open for Florida GOP to use ‘duplicitous and unfair tactics’ to gerrymander districts - Orlando Sentinel

A U.S. Supreme Court ruling and changes at Florida’s top court leave the door wide open for Republicans to gerrymander political districts in their favor, Democrats say — and the party is already preparing for a battle
we need to recount Florida's election when they have any. That's why the republicans are against about voting in the state, the republicans are gerrymandering like crazy.

The Senate has been in republican control in MI since 1984, but in 2018 Mi voted for an independent commission for redrawing the lines, which is what Florida should do, but doesn't .
Better yet Penelope
Keep Political Party Religions out of Federal Govt and let States and Parties represent and serve their own members respectively. Instead of majority ruling all, let each half govern their own voters and taxpayers who consent to those political beliefs and approaches to govt.

And reserve public policy only for where the public fully agrees, regardless of other political beliefs and affiliations kept private outside of public govt similar to other types of religions not allowed to establish through govt.

Better yet Penelope
Keep Political Party Religions out of Federal Govt and let States and Parties represent and serve their own members respectively. Instead of majority ruling all, let each half govern their own voters and taxpayers who consent to those political beliefs and approaches to govt.

And reserve public policy only for where the public fully agrees, regardless of other political beliefs and affiliations kept private outside of public govt similar to other types of religions not allowed to establish through govt.
I agree, lets keep religion and government separated, if only the republicans would.

The mob refers to congress only. No I can't go for that, that is why we only have 1 Potus at a time. There will always be mob rule in congress.

But we can stop gerrymandering, let people votes without districts.

Are you talking about multi-rep districts (ie, the whole state), where everyone votes and they take the 3 (or 5 or whatever number of reps the state gets)? I think that would be a huge improvement.
The reps have their own districts and assigned, (closest to home), and the voters get to vote anywhere in the state.

snip

You get an email from AOC's office every month don't you? Communist.

Screw that. This ain't Parliment.

Laughable. See me? I'm laughing.

Were I looking at you I'd laugh too. This actually confirms my earlier assessment of you, you are intellectually deficient. You actually believe that there is a "real" difference between the two "parties". They both do the same things, the only difference being the sped in which they do them.

Were I looking at you I'd laugh too. This actually confirms my earlier assessment of you, you are intellectually deficient. You actually believe that there is a "real" difference between the two "parties". They both do the same things, the only difference being the sped in which they do them.
Lol, you're so desperate to insult me it's hilarious.

Keep trying Dale, we're all endlessly amused.

Wrong. The Repubs are weak and cowardly (Ryan and McCain are a good example)--The Democrats are rapacious and Venal. (note their constant fear mongering)--The party of TRUMP is for America.

Wrong. The Repubs are weak and cowardly (Ryan and McCain are a good example)--The Democrats are rapacious and Venal. (note their constant fear mongering)--The party of TRUMP is for America.

Unfortunately no.

Forum List

Back