We need a holiday that honors taxpayers

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
I would suggest that it be the day before what his group calls "Tax Freedom Day," i.e. the day we start working for ourselves, the previous days' pay being reserved for federal, state and local taxes.

This year, tax freedom day was April 16th, 105 days into the year. So Taxpayer Day would have been April 15th.

How to celebrate the taxpayer?

First of all, NOT a federal holiday. Federal workers are net receivers of tax dollars, not net payers. Given the over-staffing and work-from-home encouragement, the last thing they need is time off. Instead, the tradition should be that people who work in non-taxpayer funded jobs have the option to take an unpaid day off. During that day, as a tradition, those who get a government check, be they a welfare mamma on her fourth baby up to the highest paid federal employee (still Fauci?), should volunteer to work for taxpayers. Chores such as lawn-mowing, car washing, and pool cleaning. Nothing inside the house for obvious reasons.

Sadly, not many government check recipients will actually go out and do work, just as not many people actually think about Veterans on Veterans day. But the tradition should be there. When meeting strangers, the greeting should be "thank you for paying your taxes," with government employees and welfare dolees responding "No . . . thank you for paying my taxes."

I would suggest that it be the day before what his group calls "Tax Freedom Day," i.e. the day we start working for ourselves, the previous days' pay being reserved for federal, state and local taxes.

This year, tax freedom day was April 16th, 105 days into the year. So Taxpayer Day would have been April 15th.

How to celebrate the taxpayer?

First of all, NOT a federal holiday. Federal workers are net receivers of tax dollars, not net payers. Given the over-staffing and work-from-home encouragement, the last thing they need is time off. Instead, the tradition should be that people who work in non-taxpayer funded jobs have the option to take an unpaid day off. During that day, as a tradition, those who get a government check, be they a welfare mamma on her fourth baby up to the highest paid federal employee (still Fauci?), should volunteer to work for taxpayers. Chores such as lawn-mowing, car washing, and pool cleaning. Nothing inside the house for obvious reasons.

Sadly, not many government check recipients will actually go out and do work, just as not many people actually think about Veterans on Veterans day. But the tradition should be there. When meeting strangers, the greeting should be "thank you for paying your taxes," with government employees and welfare dolees responding "No . . . thank you for paying my taxes."
We do, April 15

4thkjskjsfskfhskfhf.png

The 15th of every month in honor of taxpayers we receive a economic boost $3600 tax exempt check for the rest of our lives.

Forum List

Back