We Have Such Beauty in the USA

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
15 Photos From The U.S. Interior Department That Will Make You Want To Travel The Country

Posted: 01/13/2014 @ 15 Photos From The U.S. Interior Department That Will Make You Want To Travel The Country

I went through these several times and still don't know which is my favorite. You have to go to the site to view them. @usinterior - U.S. Department of the Interior's Instagram photos | Statigr.am And this is from the site:

99add146755a11e386f1127bb479206d_5.jpg

There are so many beautiful places in America.......wish I could visit them all.

I've been to the Grand Canyon..

grand+canyon+national+park.JPG

To Niagara falls:

28eb445cef22448342e6925817540c4b.jpg

Sequoia National Park:

sequoia-national-park.jpg

Just a few of the many beautiful places I've visited...

Anyone would drive through this and not give it a glance. But it's where I've spent the majority of my years. I've done a fair amount of travelling in this country, but this picture will never fail to take my breath away....

Attachments

• $farm.jpg
    $farm.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 79
The first time I saw the grand canyon was when hubby was taking me to the family on the rez in arizona. He made me hold my hands over my eyes and he led me up a path, then put his arms around me and held on tight...then said "remove your hands and see". I did, and got a case of vertigo. Good thing he was holding me. I would have tumbled right off that edge. After I got my bearings, I was awed. It was amazing.

But the only time I actually broke down in tears was in Canada. It was night, and we were coming down towards the states into Montana but before we reached it, their were mountains looming above us. Stars so bright, glistening snow on the road, no other traffic. Seeing those mountains..and I don't even know what they are called...I just cried at the beauty of the moon and stars and all that diamond glittering on the road...and those mountain peaks. It was near Calgary, that is all I know.

In Puerto Rico (technically part of America) there is the most beautiful place I've ever been in my life. I've been there twice and I want to take my friends, my kids, my grand kids, and everyone I've ever loved or will ever love.

It's called (pretty unassumingly) Gilligan's Island

Gilligan__s_Island_by_jorge3d.jpg

gilligans-island-guanica-13.jpg

387193.jpg

There aren't very many pictures online so I can't do it justice. But there's a natural lazy river that takes you in a circle around the several mangrove islands. On one end is Puerto Rico, on the other is a bay opening to the Caribbean that I can't find a picture of.

If you ever go to Puerto Rico look it up! My family was born and raised there and no tourists you'll ever meet know about this place!

Last edited:
The Grand Canyon is the only place that has ever left me speechless. I'm trying to go to a dark park in the spring. I'm hoping that comes close.

I also don't want to die without having ever seen the northern lights! *fingers crossed*

Consider going to the North Rim. You can visit Zion and visit the Four Corners.

Did you know that water only flows into the canyon from the north rim?

th

th

th

Yes we do...This is one of my favorite places, Islands in the Sky, Canyonlands National Park.........

4f856b0e8d8093061741d89a752b6e4b.jpg

5813402955_794b68c3f0_z.jpg

ISLAND-IN-THE-SKY-UTAH.jpg

island-in-the-sky-take-cover-gavin-hardcastle.jpg

Anyone would drive through this and not give it a glance. But it's where I've spent the majority of my years. I've done a fair amount of travelling in this country, but this picture will never fail to take my breath away....

Where about's is that? It is pretty......

Another place that is worth seeing - The Flume in New Hampshire, visited it several times when I lived there.

10cc82e53b0dfefdefefbf3102f2640d.jpg

Also, Ruby Falls in Chatanooga, Tennessee:

7553640844_a3761281f2_z.jpg

And also Stone Mountain in Atlanta:

stone_mountain_t607.jpg

The Grand Canyon is the only place that has ever left me speechless. I'm trying to go to a dark park in the spring. I'm hoping that comes close.

I also don't want to die without having ever seen the northern lights! *fingers crossed*

After a trip there with our son, then 3, we wondered if the Grand Canyon had made an impression on him, so we asked him if he remembered the Grand Canyon.....he said he did, so we asked him what was it? He said, "A big, big, deep, deep, rock" - we figured that it had made an impression on him alright.....:)

Got married in Hawaii.......walked this beach, stayed in the Sheraton Waikiki for our honeymoon.....it is a good memory...

hawaiilooks-27ybbsm.jpg

Fort Morgan, Alabama ...

Northwest, Louisiana ...

Cruz Bay, St. John US Virgin Islands ...

Last edited:
Reference Hoover Dam. One of the truly great tours of the dam can be found here.

E9BE65EA-C838-F895-212C8B65B547A39F.jpg

I often drove a bus to take customers out to their office in Boulder City. One time, they let me ride along in their smaller bus to take the visitors down to the bottom of Black Canyon. An unbelievable experience. Once they were under way, I would drive the empty bus to Willow Beach, way down river on the Arizona side. They had a nice restaurant and is a spot from which people fish for striped bass. In fact, the world record was caught just off the pier.

th

We Have Such Beauty in the USA

Yup.

1_61_080507_mustang_ranch.jpg

cherry-patch-ranch-mabel-7854025

Chicken_Ranch_sign.JPG

:eusa_whistle:

I knew Conforte....what a scumbag he was. Hell, still is, if he's alive. But we in Nevada DO have some beautiful spots and here are a few!

2010-US-NV-red-rock-canyon0001.jpg

112791492_ff54c10a20_z.jpg

1405264218_2277d3ee27_z.jpg

Forum List

Back