We have a "tentative" 2-year Debt Limit deal!! So who won and who lost? (Poll)

Who won/lost on the Biden/McCarthy 2023 Budget/Debt Limit deal?

• Biden and the democrats won

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • McCarthey and the Republicans won

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Nobody won we all lost, the Debt is still exploding

Votes: 19 73.1%

• Total voters
I’m thrilled with the work requirements. It’s a win-win: it helps the people who are being enabled not to work start doing something toward their own support, and of course it helps the tax-paying workers who have to fund the welfare recipients.
I have a jaundiced eye when pols put stipulations on something with no real enforcement mechanism.
In democrat states who thinks that those work requirements will be strictly enforced?

I have a jaundiced eye when pols put stipulations on something with no real enforcement mechanism.
In democrat states who thinks that those work requirements will be strictly enforced?
Well, a girl can dream….but you make a valid point. The Dem states are determined to keep people out of the workforce.

I can find the 2022 Budget numbers: Revenue $4.9T and Spending $6.3T so the Deficit was $1.4T

For reference, the 2021 Budget numbers: Revenue $3.9T and Spending $4.9T with a Deficit of $1.0T

I can't find the 2023 Budget final numbers!! The 2023 Budget are the bullshit numbers the Debt Limit raise are based on.

Looks to me that the Republicans caved. I'm betting that the votes are not there to pass the deal.

View attachment 789427
/----/ I've heard more than one "expert" say we should tie the US dollar to a rare metal like palladium or another such rare metal. Mint four coins, put them in Fort Knox, and declare their value at 10 trillion US dollars. Use them to pay off the debt with something left over. Problem solved.
Palladium is found in similar mineral settings as other PGMs. Most palladium is used for catalytic converters, but other uses include jewelry, dentistry, and surgical instruments. Palladium is also an exchange traded metal (along with platinum, gold and silver) A palladium coin produced by the Royal Canadian Mint. Palladium is an exchange traded metal, and these coins are sought after by collectors and speculators.
Canadian-Maple-Leaf-Palladium-300x209.jpg

This whole thing was just more predicable political theater. Everyone knew they'd come to some agreement at the last minute after they made sure they got the public all riled up and scared shitless so they can crow "The government saved you again"

/----/ I've heard more than one "expert" say we should tie the US dollar to a rare metal like palladium or another such rare metal. Mint four coins, put them in Fort Knox, and declare their value at 10 trillion US dollars. Use them to pay off the debt with something left over. Problem solved.
Palladium is found in similar mineral settings as other PGMs. Most palladium is used for catalytic converters, but other uses include jewelry, dentistry, and surgical instruments. Palladium is also an exchange traded metal (along with platinum, gold and silver) A palladium coin produced by the Royal Canadian Mint. Palladium is an exchange traded metal, and these coins are sought after by collectors and speculators.
Gimmicks never work. No one would by US bonds. They would be worthless. You can't pay $1,000,000,000,000 a year interest with a few coins.
The 14th Amendment wouldn't work either.

Gimmicks never work. No one would by US bonds. They would be worthless. You can't pay $1,000,000,000,000 a year interest with a few coins.
The 14th Amendment wouldn't work either.
/---/ We were better off with the gold standard. This was just an idea I heard.

This whole thing was just more predicable political theater. Everyone knew they'd come to some agreement at the last minute after they made sure they got the public all riled up and scared shitless so they can crow "The government saved you again"
The "deal" still needs to be passed by both the House and the Senate. I put the odds at 50-50. Both parties would have to swallow hard to vote yes.

Republicans will still Fuk it up
Fuck what up specifically?
So you are one of those people who think the most important thing is to keep bloating the system?
Surely at your age, and the experience that comes with it, you realize they were never going to not make a deal.
They have been screaming about defaulting on debts for decades to get attention and continue the game of doing whatever it takes to keep the corporations/financial system happy.

Forum List

Back