We have a "tentative" 2-year Debt Limit deal!! So who won and who lost? (Poll)

Who won/lost on the Biden/McCarthy 2023 Budget/Debt Limit deal?

• Biden and the democrats won

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • McCarthey and the Republicans won

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Nobody won we all lost, the Debt is still exploding

Votes: 19 73.1%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
I can find the 2022 Budget numbers: Revenue $4.9T and Spending $6.3T so the Deficit was $1.4T

For reference, the 2021 Budget numbers: Revenue $3.9T and Spending $4.9T with a Deficit of $1.0T

I can't find the 2023 Budget final numbers!! The 2023 Budget are the bullshit numbers the Debt Limit raise are based on.

Looks to me that the Republicans caved. I'm betting that the votes are not there to pass the deal.

1685263820320.png

Seeing everything as a game to be won or lost in politics is one of the reasons the country is in the state it is in
Our government needs an enema
The $32T Debt is a national security threat. The interest payments are crowding out defense spending.
Welfare payments are way too large. We can't afford the "social safety net".
There are in-fact winners and losers.

The $32T Debt is a national security threat. The interest payments are crowding out defense spending.
Welfare payments are way too large. We can't afford the "social safety net".
There are in-fact winners and losers.
Yeah by your logic the military industrial complex is the "winner"

Our politicians have been doing nothing but tit for tat petty squabbles for a while now. You investigate me, then I'll investigate you etc.

The last thing on the minds of anyone in the corrupt duopoly is the actual well being of the citizens of this country

I can find the 2022 Budget numbers: Revenue $4.9T and Spending $6.3T so the Deficit was $1.4T

For reference, the 2021 Budget numbers: Revenue $3.9T and Spending $4.9T with a Deficit of $1.0T

I can't find the 2023 Budget final numbers!! The 2023 Budget are the bullshit numbers the Debt Limit raise are based on.

Looks to me that the Republicans caved. I'm betting that the votes are not there to pass the deal.

View attachment 789427

Where do I find the specifics of the deal? There is no information in the OP sufficient for me to declare a winner. You posted 2022 numbers.

Last night, McCarthy made reference to lifting people out of poverty via the work requirements for welfare. I hope that’s still in there. Pretty sickening the way you can have a family of four adults, none of whom work except for odd jobs here and there for cash, who get by by pooling their welfare payouts.

Where do I find the specifics of the deal? There is no information in the OP sufficient for me to declare a winner. You posted 2022 numbers.
I can't find 2023 Budget numbers. That's the game the pols are playing. If you find them please post them.
You know that we're in trouble when both parties hide the Budget numbers.
The only number I heard from the "deal" is a $4T raise of the Debt Limit for a 2-year deal.
That's $2T more than is should be.
I would not vote for it. The republicans should just make the dems take the Bill already passed, take it or default.

That's $2T more than is should be.

Why? Then we just have to suffer through this kabuki theater again sooner.

It is just a stupid game they play, you know as well as I do this "deal" was done weeks ago and they just play acted for a while so both sides could claim victory.

Why? Then we just have to suffer through this kabuki theater again sooner.

It is just a stupid game they play, you know as well as I do this "deal" was done weeks ago and they just play acted for a while so both sides could claim victory.

I have been saying that since 2013 when Boener and Obama played this game. They sorted out the details behind closed doors, wrote their comedy script, performed for the designated period of time, and then pretend they made a deal last minutes spur of the moment. People who get elected to congress, the senate, and the presidency aren't as dumb as they pretend to be. It is theatre for sure and apparently good theatre.

We all watch with anticipation just like WWE wrestling. Even us skeptics who know it is fake still enjoy watching.

Nor do they hate each other as much as they pretend to.

You noticed that too? They go out to dinner together all the time I am sure. Even those backwoods snorting stomping republicans from the south hang out with liberal Democrats on the regular. It's just a job like any other. It is just a lot more fun than most jobs. Nancy Pelosi had all that fancy ice cream and you don't think she shared it with any of her Republican buddies?

Republicans will still Fuk it up
If that's the deal......McCarthy already did fuk it up.
The 2021 Budget had a $1T deficit
The 2022 Budget had a $1.4T deficit
The 2023 Budget had a $____T deficit.

Raising the Debt Limit by $4T for a 2-year deal makes no sense. If the repubs won it would have been a $3T raise for 2-years based on the 2022 Budget.
The dems will be pissed that the welfare work requirements are still in the Bill.

Last edited:
If that's the deal McCarthy already did fuk it up.
The 2021 Budget had a $1T deficit
The 2022 Budget had a $1.4T deficit
The 2023 Budget had a $____T deficit.

Raising the Debt Limit by $4T for a 2-year deal makes no sense. If the repubs won it would have been a $3T raise for 2-years based on the 2022 Budget.
The dems will be pissed that the welfare work requirements are still in the Bill.
I’m thrilled with the work requirements. It’s a win-win: it helps the people who are being enabled not to work start doing something toward their own support, and of course it helps the tax-paying workers who have to fund the welfare recipients.

I’m thrilled with the work requirements. It’s a win-win: it helps the people who are being enabled not to work start doing something toward their own support, and of course it helps the tax-paying workers who have to fund the welfare recipients.
Yeah, it is important to make sure that eight year old gets a job.

Forum List

Back