We asked a spiritual doctor how hoodoo can help with life's problems

This is unusual given the location. I have never heard of hoodoo (specifically) outside of the US. While it was open some 20 years ago, it is now considered closed.
Just another supernatural miracle cure being promoted for the sake of profit.
At best, low intelligence people might benefit from a placebo effect. Not unlike religions and the placebo effect of praying.

Just another supernatural miracle cure being promoted for the sake of profit.
At best, low intelligence people might benefit from a placebo effect. Not unlike religions and the placebo effect of praying.
I like conjurers.

There is a lot of crossover with folk magic in the US. Ritual is often a psychological tool that helps focus on a specific goal.

I like conjurers.

There is a lot of crossover with folk magic in the US. Ritual is often a psychological tool that helps focus on a specific goal.
As long as you understand that it's folk magic and not the supernatural, no harm is done. And maybe the placebo effect can do some good.

I just take the position that supernatural nonsense does more harm than good.

As long as you understand that it's folk magic and not the supernatural, no harm is done. And maybe the placebo effect can do some good.

I just take the position that supernatural nonsense does more harm than good.
If you're boring, just say so.

J/k

I don't take that position. There is an awesome clip out there of a conjurer on the steps of a court house in New Orleans.

If you're boring, just say so.

J/k

I don't take that position. There is an awesome clip out there of a conjurer on the steps of a court house in New Orleans.
Prove the supernatural and James Randy has a million bucks for you.

You can hint of something supernatural all you like, but it's all just blowing smoke and there's no real indication that it will ever be anything else.

Prove the supernatural and James Randy has a million bucks for you.

You can hint of something supernatural all you like, but it's all just blowing smoke and there's no real indication that it will ever be anything else.
But, it's not about you or him, right? It's not about proving anything to anyone.

Forum List

Back