We are wasting time on Trump; We didnt do this in 2010/Bush

Trump is a criminal who tried to overthrow an election.
His cult is putting in the groundwork to overthrow future ones, and this moron wants to "move on"?

Just because Trump and his regime are the subject of hearings, which could result in prison time.
They didn't feel the same when it was Hillary.
"Just because Trump and his regime are the subject of hearings, which could result in prison time."
These "hearings" have no legal ramifications.
Try again.

I come here to talk politics. To try to enlightenment some right wingers perhaps. To discuss CURRENT issues. I cant say this enough to my fellow left leaners: for gods sake move on from Trump. I cant watch the news, read a paper or come to USMB without seeing them all flooded with fucking TRUMP talk. Hes gone. We have real issues NOW to deal with. We MUST beat Desantis in 2024

Seriously. I dont recall in 2010 under Obama all of us still obsessing over Bush, trying to arrest him and having nonstop hearings about him. No, we passed Obamacare and legalized gay marriage. WE DID STUFF that was current and mattered.

While some of you are still obsessed with defeating Trump (news flash WE DID already he lost)…..we have lost abortion rights. Miranda rights basically gone. Gun control ruled illegal by the Conservative Supreme Court.
A blotted medical system, homofascism, infanticide, extraconstitutional rights, undermining the 2nd Amendment: the communist agenda.

The nation cannot "move on from Trump" as long as he is the leader of the Republican Party and he's still promoting lies and hatred of the left.

YOU are not in a position to tell others what to discuss.
Talk about Trump some more. I dare you. I double dare you.

Donald Trump is a criminal conman who tried to overthrow the US Government. If he isn't prosecuted, Trump or someone else will do it again.
Shut up and take care of your own corruption before you pass judgement of ours, hypocrite!

First off, neither man's ego will allow them to be a second fiddle (VP) to the other man. Second, if Trump is at the top of the ticket, he loses. No matter who he chooses as his VP.

There’s your biggest problem..You automatically believe you’re smarter than your opponents just because they don’t believe what you believe…
Smart enough to know that Trump is a conman...

Know that trickle down economics is developed and favoured by the rich to get even richer...

Know that abortions have decreased more Democratic Presidents than Republican ones..

Trump is a criminal who tried to overthrow an election.
His cult is putting in the groundwork to overthrow future ones, and this moron wants to "move on"?

Just because Trump and his regime are the subject of hearings, which could result in prison time.
They didn't feel the same when it was Hillary.
Yeah, that's it, more about Trump. Dig it, baby. Nice. Real nice.

"Just because Trump and his regime are the subject of hearings, which could result in prison time."
Try again.
Yes, they do.
Must have gotten your "law" degree from Trump U.

They can refer ANY testimony to the DOJ for prosecution.

I come here to talk politics. To try to enlightenment some right wingers perhaps. To discuss CURRENT issues. I cant say this enough to my fellow left leaners: for gods sake move on from Trump. I cant watch the news, read a paper or come to USMB without seeing them all flooded with fucking TRUMP talk. Hes gone. We have real issues NOW to deal with. We MUST beat Desantis in 2024

Seriously. I dont recall in 2010 under Obama all of us still obsessing over Bush, trying to arrest him and having nonstop hearings about him. No, we passed Obamacare and legalized gay marriage. WE DID STUFF that was current and mattered.

While some of you are still obsessed with defeating Trump (news flash WE DID already he lost)…..we have lost abortion rights. Miranda rights basically gone. Gun control ruled illegal by the Conservative Supreme Court.
My position is the Democrats are keeping Trump in the limelight and pushing Republicans to defend Trump, this creates a wider divide between the two parties but if Trump runs, his base could push him into the general election and if the economy is not looking good in 2024, Trump will win. Trump was losing support until the hearings started back up and now we are seeing another surge. Democrats should focus on what they want not on what they don’t want, because they are pushing people back to Trump.

We are wasting time on Trump ...​

I guess Donald Trump holds the world record in this discipline. Never so many people all over the world listened to the nonsense and discussed the nonsense which one single person continously said and did do.

I'm also depressed by the lack of actual legisltion, but some good stuff got done. The stimulus bill and the infrastruture bill, for instance.

Of course, in 2010, Obama enjoyed a 60 seat majority in the Senate. And Obamacare still turned out to be a shit show because Joe Liberman (D-Zionist Entity) kept supporting Republican filibusters and we couldn't get a meaningful bill passed.

Final point- for all his faults, GW didn't attempt to overthrow democracy. When Obama won, he accepted it, he was gracious. He didn't organize an angry mob to try to install McCain. In many ways, Bush was a good guy, and Democrats treated him rather shabbily, so are we surprised when they turned around and supported a troll like Trump?

Final point. Gay marriage did not get legalized because of anything Obama did. He ran on a clear anti-gay marriage platform in 2008, and only went along with the courts legalizing it because public attitudes had shifted.

Trump is not completely gone. If he ran for the Republican nomination, he'd probably win. DeSantis is just Trump without all the baggage, with an extra dollop of homophobia thrown in.

If we can't hold Trump accountable for trying to overthrow democracy on January 6, we just open the door for someone in the future to try the same thing.

Yes, but WHY did we lose that? Because a lot of left-leaners voted third party and stayed home in 2016. RBG should have retired in 2015, and Democrats should have appointed Merrick Garland to SCOTUS as an interim appointment after McConnell refused to hold hearings.

Now we have to do the hard work of actually organizing the majorities that agree with us on abortion rights and gun control and turn that into real legislation.

Try again.

They will have the effect of making it VERY CLEAR to the American people that what happened wasn't a demostration that got out of control, it was a deliberate and planned attempt to overthrow the results of the election.

"They can refer ANY testimony to the DOJ for prosecution."
No shit. Thus these hearings themselves CANNOT "result in prison time" which is what you said.
Try again.
WTF?
Like saying a complaint from a neighbor about a guy beating the shit out of his wife has NO bearing on the cops showing up and taking the gut to jail.

Doubling down on that Trump U. "law" degree?

WTF?
Like saying a complaint from a neighbor about a guy beating the shit out of his wife has NO bearing on the cops showing up and taking the gut to jail.

Doubling down on that Trump U. "law" degree?
Can the neighbor arrest the guy? That is what you are claiming the hearings can do.
And just to be clear since you seem determined to keep arguing that your original post wasn't wrong:
The answer is NO - only the cops can arrest the guy. And only the DOJ can prosecute.
Keep trying. I'm sure you will.

They will have the effect of making it VERY CLEAR to the American people that what happened wasn't a demostration that got out of control, it was a deliberate and planned attempt to overthrow the results of the election.
And that is relevant to Smokin' OP's assertion that they can "result in prison time" how?

That's not how the world works in the 300 channel universe. Enough people are watching the hearings to turn the Republican Party against Trump and everything he stood for.

Yes, it is VERY GOOD for America. When you have a cancer, you have to cut it out and destroy it before it destroys you. Trump is a cancer.
But who made the Progs running that fraud show judge, jury and executioners? They get marching orders from someone. Just like we ran to Ukraine with most Progs and a percentage of Repubs. Real quick.

Forum List

Back