Way back in the day of the cowboy’s gun control was tougher than it is today

Someone somewhere said that privateers had privately-owned cannons. They could not use them offensively without a letter de marque, I believe. If I am wrong, please correct me.

I can legally own a cannon today.
The new guy isn't all that smart...but then he is a liberal.
That is a fact. ^^^ I fired a 4 incher off at 11 am on 7/4/76 in cooperation with Gerald Ford's request to make a lot of noise to celebrate the bicentennial.
That is your confused opinion. Explain what you had to go through legally to fire that weapon. Or did you break the law. This is on you guys to justify your positions. Otherwise you are simply giving assertions without facts and evidence.
There is no Federal law against cannon.
26 USC sec. 5845(g) "Antique firearm.-The term 'antique firearm' means any firearm not designed or redesigned for using rim fire or conventional center fire ignition with fixed ammunition and manufactured in or before 1898 (including any matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system or replicas thereof, whether actually manufactured before or after the year 1898) and also any firearm using fixed ammunition manufactured in or before 1898, for which ammunition is no longer manufactured in the United States and is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade." Because our black powder cannons are loaded with propellant separate from the projectile, uses simple cannon fuse for ignition, and is patterned after typicall 19th centrury artillery pieces, it is falls clearly under the federal definition of a replica firearm.

There may be state laws. Varies from state to state.

Someone somewhere said that privateers had privately-owned cannons. They could not use them offensively without a letter de marque, I believe. If I am wrong, please correct me.

Personal attack instead of dealing with the facts reveals a shallow mind. Can the average citizen, without meeting the fed firearms laws etc, own a cannon? I can own a tank if I jump through the legal hoops. Try to understand the difference.
Have you got a lathe? That is where I got my cannon. I made it. It can fire a 4" steel ball. There are no laws that restrict the mfr. and use of these cannons. Indeed, I am sure that many civil war replicas are in yards throughout the country.
That is merely your ignorant opinion. You are stating it as fact, so get the law book out and prove it. If you can't, there is no need to quarrel with your further.
I am not quarreling with you, I only quarrel with people I care about. You mean nothing to me. I stated a FACT. You think you know more, but you don't know shit. The proof is on you moron. I will continue on with my life, on which you have absolutely no effect.

Personal attack instead of dealing with the facts reveals a shallow mind. Can the average citizen, without meeting the fed firearms laws etc, own a cannon? I can own a tank if I jump through the legal hoops. Try to understand the difference.
Have you got a lathe? That is where I got my cannon. I made it. It can fire a 4" steel ball. There are no laws that restrict the mfr. and use of these cannons. Indeed, I am sure that many civil war replicas are in yards throughout the country.
That is merely your ignorant opinion. You are stating it as fact, so get the law book out and prove it. If you can't, there is no need to quarrel with your further.
I am not quarreling with you, I only quarrel with people I care about. You mean nothing to me. I stated a FACT. You think you know more, but you don't know shit. The proof is on you moron. I will continue on with my life, on which you have absolutely no effect.
Then you are nothing for me to worry about. You made a statement you can back up, and that will be the truth until you do. You won't.

Then you are nothing for me to worry about. You made a statement you can back up, and that will be the truth until you do. You won't.
How long are you going to pretend Post #61 doesn't exist?

You are hiding behind antique cannons, which is not the same as owning a modern cannon. But if you wish, go with it.

You are hiding behind antique cannons, which is not the same as owning a modern cannon. But if you wish, go with it.
Need some help with the goalposts there, Skippy?

I think Daveman did that for me quite well. Your apology is accepted.

Can't handle it, can you? You are right there with your buddy.

Can't handle it, can you? You are right there with your buddy.
I have an idea:

Since you seem to think -- sorry, wrong word -- feel that privately owned cannon are illegal, show us the law.

You stupid fuck, it was very clear to anyone with a modicum of sense what we were talking about. Take it down the road rook. Fucking new morons.

Again....I can own my own cannon with no special license required.
You're obviously ignorant of gun laws.
I can also own my own tank.

It's always the same with you liberal morons.
You dont know shit about gun laws or what an assault rifle is.

Are you out of high school yet?

Moving the goal posts eh?
What exactly is a modern cannon?

Beat me to it.

Same leftist shill babble, every goddam time! Goodbye broken record!

You're the one making the assertion that cannons are illegal so it's up to you to prove it.

Forum List

Back