Wave of Suicides at Texas Border.

When troops tell the Chain of Command they have problems and are told to shut up and get out there. That is a problem. Again. You like everyone who commented about how awful I am should have read the article.

There is even a link at the bottom for the suicide prevention hotline. So try reading before you give in to the knee jerk reaction.
Where in the article did it bring up Democrats or Republicans? Why do you find it necessary to politicize such a huge mental problem that has nothing to do with politics?
Why did you knee jerk and blame one party over the other?

Four people have died of suspected sucide in 2 months and it's the missions fault? well maybe, and worth studying. Sadly, these national guardsmen are having to be called up to deal with the border instead of the professionals in the federal govt because xiden is a failure

The reason they come wasn't addressed by Trump either.

The reason they come wasn't addressed by Trump either.
huh? obviously the reason the come is for a better life. Trump wasn’t going to make the USA a worse place to live.

So that’s not the issue. We in fact want the United States to be attractive.

The issue is inviting illegals

huh? obviously the reason the come is for a better life. Trump wasn’t going to make the USA a worse place to live.

So that’s not the issue. We in fact want the United States to be attractive.

The issue is inviting illegals

Jobs. But you know that. You like Trump believe this never ending access ability to low wages is what makes America great.

I disagree.

Where in the article did it bring up Democrats or Republicans? Why do you find it necessary to politicize such a huge mental problem that has nothing to do with politics?
Why did you knee jerk and blame one party over the other?

The RW on here was apoplectic about how the National Guard troops were treated in Washington after 1-6. Now they are silent. Troops sleeping in trailers? Fine. It’s a Republican giving the orders.

You can search from now to St. Patrick’s day and not find a post from me saying the troops were fine in Washington.

These guys aren’t getting paid right. Their reimbursements aren’t going through. And the same RW who wanted Nancy drummed out of Washington are silent. I’m assuming they are waiting until they can find a Democrat to blame it on.

But again. You would know about the pay problems if you had read the article. You would know about the other issues if you had read.

But blame the messenger.

The RW on here was apoplectic about how the National Guard troops were treated in Washington after 1-6. Now they are silent. Troops sleeping in trailers? Fine. It’s a Republican giving the orders.

You can search from now to St. Patrick’s day and not find a post from me saying the troops were fine in Washington.

These guys aren’t getting paid right. Their reimbursements aren’t going through. And the same RW who wanted Nancy drummed out of Washington are silent. I’m assuming they are waiting until they can find a Democrat to blame it on.

But again. You would know about the pay problems if you had read the article. You would know about the other issues if you had read.

But blame the messenger.
Your partisan BS, in your first post ended any rational discussion which is a shame, because it is a good subject that has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with mental health. Homeland Security ordered the Guard to stay at the border. So the commander is Biden, that is where the buck stops, but I don’t blame him at all. Again a mental health issue. The rest of your post is more BS, trying to cover your ass because you came off like an insensitive piece of shit. It’s all good.

Your partisan BS, in your first post ended any rational discussion which is a shame, because it is a good subject that has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with mental health. Homeland Security ordered the Guard to stay at the border. So the commander is Biden, that is where the buck stops, but I don’t blame him at all. Again a mental health issue. The rest of your post is more BS, trying to cover your ass because you came off like an insensitive piece of shit. It’s all good.

Nope. Try again. It was the Governor. Read the article. You would sound so less stupid if you did.

But blame the messenger.
what’s wrong with trailers? millions of Americans live in them and in the area these guardmens are stationed on the border more then adequate conditions

in dc, a massive city, nancy and the demafascist made them sleep in parking lots…completely unnecessarily

Do not worry. Vice President Kamela Harris is right on top of it. She is in charge of everything at the border. She will get to the bottom of it lickety-split. Last I heard, she is infuriated because those people have it so good and things along the border are so quiet and going so smooth that these whiners just do not know what a good thing they got going there. :smoke:
Wasn't it trump who sent the officers there?

Perhaps he is to blame.

what’s wrong with trailers? millions of Americans live in them and in the area these guardmens are stationed on the border more then adequate conditions

in dc, a massive city, nancy and the demafascist made them sleep in parking lots…completely unnecessarily

You are thinking Travel Trailer. Or Mobile Home. Stop that. Think truck trailer with bunks inside.

Add to that the financial hardship and slashing of the budgets by the Legislature.

Meanwhile, after the Texas legislature demanded a budget cut, the Texas Guard massively slashed its tuition assistance benefit to balance its books, leaving many troops stranded without the reimbursement payments they’d been counting on for the fall semester, which was already underway.

And it gets worse. Since they are on State activations they are not accruing additional benefits under the GI Bill. And since they are not on Federal Duty they would be ineligible for VA Benefits for any injuries sustained.

Living in Truck Trailers. Denied benefits. Subjected to arbitrary denial of promised financial assistance. Not getting paid. Not getting LES or Paystubs. And doing nothing to actually secure the border.

If you read the article you wouldn’t be making the statements you are. If you had read the attached articles for background you would be much better informed.

You are thinking Travel Trailer. Or Mobile Home. Stop that. Think truck trailer with bunks inside.

Add to that the financial hardship and slashing of the budgets by the Legislature.

Meanwhile, after the Texas legislature demanded a budget cut, the Texas Guard massively slashed its tuition assistance benefit to balance its books, leaving many troops stranded without the reimbursement payments they’d been counting on for the fall semester, which was already underway.

And it gets worse. Since they are on State activations they are not accruing additional benefits under the GI Bill. And since they are not on Federal Duty they would be ineligible for VA Benefits for any injuries sustained.

Living in Truck Trailers. Denied benefits. Subjected to arbitrary denial of promised financial assistance. Not getting paid. Not getting LES or Paystubs. And doing nothing to actually secure the border.

If you read the article you wouldn’t be making the statements you are. If you had read the attached articles for background you would be much better informed.
What does college tutiation payments have to do with this mission?

What's wrong with a truck trailer? Still better then a parking lot...and given where they are stationed in some places on the border not that bad....better then tents.

Is that way these four people may have committed sucide?

What does college tutiation payments have to do with this mission?

What's wrong with a truck trailer? Still better then a parking lot...and given where they are stationed in some places on the border not that bad....better then tents.

Is that way these four people may have committed sucide?
Lots of people join the guard to get tuition benefits.

Lots of people join the guard to get tuition benefits.
and they still can via the GI Bill...and through the state legislature.

but the funding cut this year by the State...is that the reason these 4 people might have committed sucide? is that what the poster is saying?

but the funding cut this year by the State...is that the reason these 4 people might have committed sucide? is that what the poster is saying?
The Guard tuition benefit requires a different term of service rather than full time

Nope. Try again. It was the Governor. Read the article. You would sound so less stupid if you did.

Who is CommandER of the National Guard? Joe Biden. Instead of being political, maybe you should try rerouting this thread you created and see what can be done to help the depressed soldier instead of blaming others thus slowing a possible solution for those with mental health issues. Sad you use people with health issues as a political weapon, seems you care about politics and being right over helping others.

The poster has been saying read the article. Learn for yourself what is going on.

The poster has been saying read the article. Learn for yourself what is going on.
I did....but didn't see anything about how college tutitution paid by the State had anything to do with it,. or that the four, that are suspected of committing sucide were even in college

Long article. Distressing read.

The troops of the Texas National Guard do not seem pleased to be part of political posturing.

Pay problems. Life plans shot to hell. And even suicides. I wonder which Democrat is to blame? Since it is always the Democrats fault. Republicans love the Military. Or Something.
Oh, I and 100% certain that each and every one of those suicides was a result of the guilt they felt at stopping these poor illegals from overrunning our state. It was just too much for them to endure.

I hope you're picking up on the sarcasm because I'm laying it on pretty thick.

Forum List

Back