Watch 1/1024 Refute 1/1024

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
I’m so old I remember when we couldn’t have liars in the White House.

Massachusetts Senator and Democratic presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren claims she lost a public school teaching job because she was “visibly pregnant,” but that’s not true according to Harvard Law Professor Elizabeth Warren, who told a very different story in 2007.

Over the past several days, people have been circulating the claim that Warren lied about being fired over a pregnancy, and while that’s not quite right, it does demonstrate how the lie that has become a regular part of Warren’s stump speech has evolved. The central idea has always been that she was living her dream of being a public school special ed teacher until some villainous Mad Med-era principal put the kibosh on the whole thing because of her baby bump.

When Warren tells the story now — as she did at a Carson City, Nevada rally this week — she says she’d be teaching special needs kids right now if it hadn’t for that dastardly principal.

Elizabeth Warren Lied About Losing Teaching Job Because She Was 'Visibly Pregnant'

Massachusetts Senator and Democratic presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren claims she lost a public school teaching job because she was “visibly pregnant,” but that’s not true according to Harvard Law Professor Elizabeth Warren, who told a very different story in 2007.

Over the past several days, people have been circulating the claim that Warren lied about being fired over a pregnancy, and while that’s not quite right, it does demonstrate how the lie that has become a regular part of Warren’s stump speech has evolved. The central idea has always been that she was living her dream of being a public school special ed teacher until some villainous Mad Med-era principal put the kibosh on the whole thing because of her baby bump.

When Warren tells the story now — as she did at a Carson City, Nevada rally this week — she says she’d be teaching special needs kids right now if it hadn’t for that dastardly principal.

Elizabeth Warren Lied About Losing Teaching Job Because She Was 'Visibly Pregnant'

all the way back to before Trump was elected?

WOW, you're really old.

You must have been born before 1791...

1860, at least

1860, at least
Ha...One must not lie to get into office one must embellish a negative to seem like it is a folk tale.

From her Harvard telling of the story-

I was married at nineteen and graduated from college after I’d married, and my first year post-graduation I worked in a public school system with the children with disabilities. I did that for a year, and then that summer I didn’t have the education courses, so I was on an “emergency certificate,” it was called. I went back to graduate school and took a couple of courses in education and said, “I don’t think this is going to work out for me.” I was pregnant with my first baby, so I had a baby and stayed home for a couple of years, and I was really casting about, thinking, “What am I going to do?” My husband’s view of it was, “Stay home. We have children, we’ll have more children, you’ll love this.” And I was very restless about it.

So, I went back home to Oklahoma — by this point we were living in New Jersey because of his job — I went back home to Oklahoma for Christmas and saw a bunch of the boys that I had been in high school debate with and they’d all gone on to law school, and they said, “You should go to law school. You’ll love it.” I said, “You really think so?” And they said, “Of all of us, you should have gone to law school. You’re the one who should’ve gone to law school.” So, I took the tests, applied to law school, and the day my daughter, who later became my co-author, turned two, I started law school at Rutgers Law School in New Jersey, which at the time had the nickname of being the “People’s Electric Law Company,” a really crazy place.

Sounds sort of like her telling her story of being an American Indian...

Forum List

Back