Washington State Trooper Tells Governor to Kiss His Ass

One less person spreading a deadly virus is a good thing.

I see you are one of the hateful grave dancers.

Less Nazis in our country would be a good thing, so you dropping dead would further that cause.

Not even theirs?
Freedom from Nazis?
Freedom from a Babi Yar?
Are you sure?
They were fighting to protect one of the most murderous governments in human history so yeah, I'm sure.

Hitler murder 12,000,000 people. The Soviets murdered 50,000,000 people. At Babi Yar, the Nazis murdered around 150,000 people. Stalin murdered 3,500,000 Ukrainians during the Great Famine. It's obvious the Russians weren't fighting for their freedom Dontcha think?

"It's obvious the Russians weren't fighting for their freedom Dontcha think?"
No, I do not think that at all.

Attempting to use these numbers as a compartive to prove a point, in this case, doesn't fit.
None --or virtually none---of the Russian military, partisans, and civilians could be aware of all of your 3.5 million dead Ukraninians, or just how many got shot at Babi Yar. But they could be quite aware that German reprisals and the eisengruppens were a reality.

And if this village or that village didn't behave exactly as the local German commandant ordered.....they likely would die.
Hence, the perception that one could have the "freedom" to NOT die....by fighting back.
So yeah, I sorta kinda think that that shade of freedom would have been embraced.

This whole discussion over whether this State Trooper did the 'manly, American' thing by:

• quitting over an order to get a vaccine;
  • over being petty in a broadcast, that went viral to be used by anti-vaxxers as a triumphalism;
  • leaving his family behind as a consequence of a selfish personal "choice to be free".....

......is, in my view, silly.
The man is dead because of an irresponsible choice. As if he was NOT responsible to his family and their well-being.

One can wail about "personal freedom", "personal choice" all one wants....but superceding all those personal desires is an overarching responsibility to one's family. To needlessly die over a snit with the governor, with one's 'boss'.........is irresponsible towards one's family.

It's akin to driving 120mph on a busy freeway.....because it salves one's sense of "freedom".

IMHO

Forum List

Back