Washington Redskins To Change Team Name

Who fucking cares, do you not yet get it, professional sports are a significant part of the problem, that you care about them one whit indicates you are a significant part of the problem! Set your fucking minds free, and your body will follow, stop hero worshiping at the altar of Marxist/Leninism, turn off the fucking television, tune out the multi-millionaire athletes, most of whom haven't the real world ability to work at the local stop & rob, let alone run one! Stop feeding the hate your fucking time and money, achieve that and you can truly refer to self as "WOKE!!
What the fuck has it got to do with Marxist/Leninism ? You dumb twat!

Actually this whole thing IS about Socislism, Political Correctness and the idea that nobody can ever be offended.

That’s all the 25+ year movement to change this team’s name is all about... making people feel good because they’ve forced the team to change a name those people find offensive; even though they have no stake In the team or its name.

I always have and always will call them the Washington Foreskins.

Although one fitting name would be the District Spike Heels.

1593801884031.png

Why should they change names? It's their name. They are known by it. A lot to be said in favor of name recognition.

9 out of 10 indians say the name isnt offensive.
This is nothing but more PC bullshit.

The entire Bowel Movement is nothing more than PC Bullshit.
It's all designed to keep us at each others throats while the Elites place the nooses around everyone's necks.
Who are they? Look up the owners of all the major Media channels for starters.

Fortunately for them, most people aren't smart enough to see beyond their emotions.

Actually this whole thing IS about Socislism, Political Correctness and the idea that nobody can ever be offended.

That’s all the 25+ year movement to change this team’s name is all about... making people feel good because they’ve forced the team to change a name those people find offensive; even though they have no stake In the team or its name.
Were they called the Washington Red's, Whites, Blue's I can't see a problem. There may be a problem with 'skins' if people of Indigenous descent object fair enough just drop the 'skins'
If not then anyone who objects saying its offensive they should be made to prove it or shut up its just their opinion.

Don't know why they call themselves Redskins anyway if it it no way represents their Club or fans. In England teams are usually just named after the town/city which may be added.
or FC Football club, or UTD United. Washington UTD sounds good. Rovers, Athletic. All these are neutral. Arsenal the club I support were founded from workers at a WWI munitions factory. Nicknamed The Gunners.

Yet teams change their name all the time. Its not that much of a big deal. Unless you make it a big deal. They will still come especially if you win.

Trivia question ? how many professional sports team still have the same name.

Rangers being one of them in both baseball and hockey

Were they called the Washington Red's, Whites, Blue's I can't see a problem. There may be a problem with 'skins' if people of Indigenous descent object fair enough just drop the 'skins'
If not then anyone who objects saying its offensive they should be made to prove it or shut up its just their opinion.

It’s actually been through the courts several times. Most recently there was a push to deny them renewal of their trademarks as the US Trademark laws do not allow licensing or any racist or derogatory term or image. The team won the case and maintained the trademarks.

“Reds” would not work as the word has a significant connotation of Soviet or Communist influence. Especially around the political center of Washington.,

Don't know why they call themselves Redskins anyway if it it no way represents their Club or fans. In England teams are usually just named after the town/city which may be added. or FC Football club, or UTD United. Washington UTD sounds good. Rovers, Athletic. All these are neutral. Arsenal the club I support were founded from workers at a WWI munitions factory. Nicknamed The Gunners.

There’s a long history in America of using nicknames and mascots for spots teams. Especially when there multiple teams in the same city. As most of our pro sports grew out of local leagues the nicknames and mascots were necessary to tell teams apart. The tradition continues to this day.

I follow English and German leagues a little, as more Americans are playing over there now. It’s odd to me to see just the FC or United or whatever after team locations. Hell, even most MLS teams have a mascot or logo of some sort.

Last edited:

Don't know why they call themselves Redskins anyway if it it no way represents their Club or fans. In England teams are usually just named after the town/city which may be added.
or FC Football club, or UTD United. Washington UTD sounds good. Rovers, Athletic. All these are neutral. Arsenal the club I support were founded from workers at a WWI munitions factory. Nicknamed The Gunners.
You leftist will crap your pants if a liberal named this team it's name years ago, and all in order to show the Indian tribes that they are still the formidable warriors that they were during the battle of say "the little big horn" etc. And it created a rival between the Dallas cowboys and the skins in which gave everyone a chance to root for either team in a symbolic way, and giving a fun history lesson of how we all once fought in battles against each other, but finally recognized just how stupid fighting was when we took it to the fields in peace, but never forgetting the heroic efforts that were put forth by those who will never be forgotten for their warrior strength and stamina given for their side.

It's all in fun now, and everybody understands this, and no one is putting anyone down for these names, the history etc.

Get over it snowflakes. Good grief.

I've been done with them.

I had been trying to maintain some hope that Snyder would turn things around. Especially with his decisive comments on not changing the name when he bought the team in 1999 and in 2013.

Recent years have made me question that hope as he’s gotten slightly less involved in the team and there has been a change in the way the team is run.

Yet teams change their name all the time. Its not that much of a big deal. Unless you make it a big deal. They will still come especially if you win.

Not teams that have maintained a name, an image, a fight song and a fan base for 87 years. This would be like asking the NY Yankees or Boston Red Sox to change their name.

Forum List

Back