Was watching some old TV shows with my kid,

I'm fortunate that my cable package includes MeTV, AntennaTV, COZI, KHSV1, GRIT, and more. I get to watch some of the truly great shows of a time when the writing was good, the acting professional, and with reasonable standards.
I only have time and opportunity to watch MeTV. I love it!

Some truly great shows. I watch Perry Mason, Matlock, and Diagnosis Murder every weekday morning.

Only tv show i ever watched with a lot of cigs and alcohol was mad men. Of course, im not 112 years old :D

1240579655_e036633422.jpg

Only tv show i ever watched with a lot of cigs and alcohol was mad men. Of course, im not 112 years old :D

'Mad Men' was very historically accurate in that respect. I remember distinctly going to my dad's office with an ashtray of every desk and a bar in every office.

He also schtupped his secretary and she got fired.

Ahhh... the good old days.

'Mad Men' was very historically accurate in that respect. I remember distinctly going to my dad's office with an ashtray of every desk and a bar in every office.

He also schtupped his secretary and she got fired.

Ahhh... the good old days.
This isnt the first time i have heard the portrayal was spot on

I’ve been binging the original Twilight Zone. Good stuff :thup:

When color tv's were a real new thing. Also the tv repairman, if you can imagine such a thing now, came to your house to DeGauss the tv. And it was weird to watch, like he was some alchemist from the past. I always thought he was going to die watching him working on the back of the tv with the cover off.

I like watching old shows. Andy Griffith and All in the Family are two of my favorites.

First hint she points out is no cell phones. It just blew her away that the world ran without cell phones and Facebook. For me, it really stands out how much cigarette smoking there was. In Hospitals, court rooms teacher lounges restaurants and so on. That and some of the stuff they said, man they would have never gotten away with that in those days.
Kids are more observant than some people realize.
Their maturing brains are soaking up every tidbit of info it can.

Btw...
the episode I posted reminded me of today’s democrats. The people who boarded that ship are their minions.

When color tv's were a real new thing. Also the tv repairman, if you can imagine such a thing now, came to your house to DeGauss the tv. And it was weird to watch, like he was some alchemist from the past. I always thought he was going to die watching him working on the back of the tv with the cover off.

Our first color TV set was a Heathkit us kids helped Pop assemble at a table in the basement. He'd call out the color bands of the next transistor he needed to solder to the circuit board and we would hunt for it from all those remaining to be used. Anyways, Pop's last step was Degaussing and it sure provided Mom with a good laugh.

Imagine how many old storylines would have been over in two minutes if they had cell phones.

"Oh no! We need to warn whoever about... Wait... I'll text him."
I’m sure jack tripper on threes company would have found funny ways to work a cellphone into their storylines.

Show your kids they had cellphones on Star trek

The smoking still shocks me

How they would stop a scene so the actors could light up and then the smoke cloud would obstruct the actors

Forum List

Back